The Photography Thread !

2 pics taken from a Kodak P880. original size is 3264x2448. Amazing detail of the night pic even with the original 8MP file :D

night pic, 2sec exposure time, no tripod :D It was raining by the time I had taken the pic, so it came out really well :D around 11pm the time i took it :D

EDIT : I dont know photoshop :) these are original pics, just resized using MS Paint

SpitefulPentium said:
Posting after a long time.
I took a break from work for a couple of months.
These are some of the photographs i took during that time.
Please view the album on picassa. too many to upload here.

Let me know you comments/critiques
Nice work, but could you show me a shot taken in India with the D80 EXIF intact? :)

Anish said:
Nice work, but could you show me a shot taken in India with the D80 EXIF intact? :)

ofcourse...
just came back the day before and currently sleeping a lot :bleh:

will get the things in order and post a few pics here. any particular subject?

@d_payne, thanks. worked a lot on the technique. took just a few photos each time but spent lots of time on each one.

@smith, great photos.

@Anish, here you are...

couldn't go out, so here is an indoor shot.

Attachments

• DSC_4927.jpg
    DSC_4927.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 153
nukeu666 said:
The big christmas tree in front of centralworld at bangkok

nice shot. but I would try to move around to get a better angle. the street light (especially) and person in the foreground are distracting..

is it a join of two (or more) photos. the person in the foreground seems to be missing the upper half of the body :bleh:

archish said:

a random shot outside my house

excellent shot. nice silhouette. nice detail in the cloud lining.

hanzy said:
Something shot last evening.....

this was really good. but you could try to eliminate the building and the wires from the frame. as i have done below

and since its a silhouette I have increased the contrast slightly.

hope this helps.

Attachments

• img0106ad2_mod.jpg
    img0106ad2_mod.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 91
Something with the 40D at ISO 3200. Specs of noise visible, but still very very usable shot.

If you'd also notice in the EXIF, I've underexposed this shot by 1/3 EV purposely, so that noise is more clearly visible, but it still produces a very very usable shot.

Back