The Samsung Galaxy S thread

thirumalkumaran said:
Guys!!!

Is there any aftermarket backcover available which can add weight and ruggedness to the phone...

Just waiting to take one...
I am also looking for the same thing in India and officially it is also known as Flip Top Pouch Leather Case for Samsung I9000. I am looking for something like this 100% Genuine Leather Case with Belt Clip + Screen Protector for Samsung I9000 Galaxy S GSi90-RL-F [GSi90-RL-F] - US$12.49 : Spider-Foot.com.

Anybody knows from where i can get it from India or any other compatible cases for Samsung I9000.

egress63 said:
Hey guys, I just read a review of Samsung Galaxy S (I think the call it the Captivate there) on engadget and they criticize the phone for Android customization. Is that something unique for the US version of the phone or for all the phones (including India)?

Is that something that I should really be concerned about if I purchase this phone (cos, I am seriously tempted to do so). Till now, I was thinking of shooting the gun for HTC Desire, but considering the great stuff I have been reading about this, I am a bit confused. Care to help me out? :)
The ATT version of the phone, the Captivate has some restrictions such as not allowing apps from other markets and stuff like that. In the US, avoid ATT Android phones if you can,(although I'm pretty sure there are workarounds on XDA).

bodmas said:
I am also looking for the same thing in India and officially it is also known as Flip Top Pouch Leather Case for Samsung I9000. I am looking for something like this 100% Genuine Leather Case with Belt Clip + Screen Protector for Samsung I9000 Galaxy S GSi90-RL-F [GSi90-RL-F] - US$12.49 : Spider-Foot.com.

Anybody knows from where i can get it from India or any other compatible cases for Samsung I9000.

Guys! Check out these cases. Anybody for Group Order then do let me know. http://samsunggalaxysforums.com/showthread.php/1347-Best-cases-for-the-galaxy-s

i hav installed kies now i m facing problem that my phone shows connected n in kies software it shows connecting but i m waitng from 15 min

wt to do

2.2 isn't out yet. Last i heard it is supposed to come out sometime in September...

What case/protective cover are you guys using for you galaxy s?

Was thinking of ordering the full body cover from gadgetzhieldz.com.....are they and good?

L33TWiZaRd said:
2.2 isn't out yet. Last i heard it is supposed to come out sometime in September...

What case/protective cover are you guys using for you galaxy s?

Was thinking of ordering the full body cover from gadgetzhieldz.com.....are they and good?
The release is not a proper release right ? Some sort of Beta/Test release i believe.

I am also trying to find a good Case for my Galaxy S but I am looking out for rubber/gel/silicone based. No luck so far in local hunting if you find one let me know.

rite now i hav applied scratch guard but i need gadgetshield also n even i m looking for rubber/gel/silicone case

if someone is getting it count on me

I feel my galaxy S is terribly lagging. I dont know if I end up doing something wrong that messed up the phone (But I am sure i didnt do anything) or if this was from the beginning itself. The phone lags practically everywhere, While I goto 'Messages, Phone, Call Logs, Start an application, and cruising in between etc Was this same with all of you. I have only installed 5-6 apps on the phone and just used this over maybe 2.5 hours talking and browsing included.

While I opted for the Desire over the Galaxy S, inmy search for a good case for the Desire, I came across a good (but expensive) manufacturer of quality cases - case-mate. I am trying to get one for my desire, but here's one I found for the Galaxy S which would not just protect the phone but would significantly add to the look and feel (and weight) of the phone IMHO. Here's the link:
Samsung Galaxy S Tough Cases by Case-mate

getDynamicImage.aspx

vebk said:
While I opted for the Desire over the Galaxy S, inmy search for a good case for the Desire, I came across a good (but expensive) manufacturer of quality cases - case-mate. I am trying to get one for my desire, but here's one I found for the Galaxy S which would not just protect the phone but would significantly add to the look and feel (and weight) of the phone IMHO. Here's the link:

Samsung Galaxy S Tough Cases by Case-mate

getDynamicImage.aspx
This is awesome I must say, the proper protection and grip that the phone needs. A little costly but it is good wont be available in local shops i suppose. Before buying one for your desire let me know.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

sathyanaidu said:
do you have advanced task killer running?
No I dont have advanced task killer running. But according to another user (He is using Samsung Vibrant, the US T-Mobile version of Samsung Galaxy S) he says it shouldnt be that laggy. So i dont know if its same with all Galaxy S out there or just mine.

Back