The Samsung Galaxy Spica i.e. I5700 thread

I am looking for car charger for Spica.I got those el cheapo USB car charger and attached the micro USB cable ,the phone doesn't get charged even though it displays as its charging.I am looking for a genuine product or any product which really charger the phone .Ebay is preferred.

Edit:Got it in ebay but there are loads of them not sure which is genuine:S .Can some one point mt to the original charger ??

Samsung MicroUsb Car Charger

Original Samsung Car Charger for i8910 S8300 i8000

Samsung MicroUsb Car Charger D880 F110 F210 G600

push email slow on eclair

hi
I upgraded to eclair(i570EXXJC1) yesterday.
looks gud

only issue i face now is that
push email is not as fast as it was before and sometimes ,well most of the times, the mail notifications are missed
any special settings???
i guess i have tried all .....
is this a known issue with this release??

any pointers....anyone...

btw:- i have a wifi connection with my modem for data sync

Re: push email slow on eclair

tallyme said:
hi
I upgraded to eclair(i570EXXJC1) yesterday.
looks gud

only issue i face now is that
push email is not as fast as it was before and sometimes ,well most of the times, the mail notifications are missed
any special settings???
i guess i have tried all .....
is this a known issue with this release??

any pointers....anyone...

btw:- i have a wifi connection with my modem for data sync
I use JD1 and everything works fine.. plus i've replaced the pantheon launcher with Helix launcher. Much Much better...

hi all

can anybody please provide me with samsung's stock 1.5 cupcake ROM for I5700, I upgraded to 2.1 without backup and phone now is kind of sluggish

Thanks in advance

by the way guys apps2SD is out for android 2.1 for spica go to samdroid forums for more info.

Just a heads up it works perfectly.

Are you folks able to disconnect calls using the button on earphone??.I am not able to do it, its annoying to take the cell out from pocket and disconnect the call :mad:

hey guys,im considering buying this phone soon.i have a few questions.

1.what is the price (preferably in delhi)

2.will the 128 mb ram cause problems when multitasking?

3.can it run 3d games like raging thunder 2?

4.is the qwerty keyboard good?

5.is it vanilla or does samsung have their UI on it?

6.can i flash a rom with HTC sense on it

7.should i get the black or the white?

thanks in advance guys,help out an android n00b here :)

I'm interested in picking up this phone but I wanted to know what are the significant advantages and disadvantages of flashing to 2.1. I think the UI is a little less snippy compared to the earlier 1.5. The phonearena guys said that.

4-5 points for both pros and cons would really help! :)

PS: Also does anyone know where I can pick this up in Pune?

Upgraded to 2.1 using firmware I570EDDJB2. The phone was just a tad bit laggy. Not a problem though. Installed Helix Launcher and the phone actually feels snappier than 1.5!
@ Sahibosaurus
After the hike in VAT, the price comes to around 14-14.5k in Delhi.

@Sahibosaurus: Check the price in Noida, after the price hike it is cheaper in UP. You can save some bucks buying the phone in Noida. If you are looking to save some bucks.

noida?man that sucks.maybe i can check ghaffar market or something?i really dont have the extra cash to spend on it at the moment.

should i flash the phone to 2.1 as soon as i take it out of the box?will this void the warranty?what are the chances of bricking?

anything else i need to be aware of?thinking of switching over from nokia n97 mini.

^ Bro trust me...you dont wanna go the Gaffar way...you might end up buying something weird... which has already been dissected upon...

So spend a few bucks and come to NOIDA and get it from here....

Its available here at the Samsung Plaza (Sector 18) .... or at Savitri Market near Atta.

Here are the details :

Electro Mart Stores Pvt. Ltd.

P-5, Ground Floor, Ocean complex, Sector 18, Noida 201301

0120-2514086, 2514087, 4316773

Also there is a new Samsung Plaza @ The Great India Place (Mall) here....it might be available there...(Can confirm on Monday)

Also by flashing to the 2.1 firmwares you are not voiding your warranty....unless you use a modded one.

And no the phone doesn't brick.... even if you manage to render it Un-bootable... you can somehow resolve the Driver issues which lead to the problem and flash it again...Properly!

I had been to samsung service center to rectify the earphone problem.They had no clue about it as a matter of fact the people there did not even know what is andriod 1.5 and 2.1 i had to explain them:mad: .They took my number and told they will call me. I am sure they would never do that.

I still wonder why big companies like Nokia Samsung SE give outsource their A.S.S to cheap and noobs folks who dont even know about their own phones.Is there and email id can write in to some higher authority not the

^ Ummm...ok i observed this ....

If you check the sign on the button on the Earphone's ...it resembles the one which is used to pick up calls on the phone itself...

And i think this particular sign is there for a purpose.... i.e just for receiving calls and pausing/playing music and stuff....

Think about it....why would they use "that" symbol in particular?

Why would they give button to just receive calls and not disconnect the same:S.The whole point of using and earphone is to receive and disconnect calls with out using the physical keys on the phone.I seriously feel that its a software issue.Is it happening the same in the 2.1 as well in that case its a hardware issue .

Samsung might have just $crewed it up .Is there any official samsung forum where in we can post and check users around the world have the issue or not

Ummm..samdroid or Samsung-firmwares.com?

I too feel its more of a software bug than hardware...

Was it the same in Android 1.5?

Back