Thanks Shripad :)

I connected to market using wifi and did whatever i wanted to

Posting same question again:

I get the Vodafone GPRS settings as SMS, it asks to SAVE it

but when i click the message, there is no such option on phone

How do you all enable grps on your spicas

Shripad said:
Problem 1 and 2 : Go to android Market and search for "Linda File Manager"

That will be the file explorer you will need.

3. Keep in mind you have 3 home screens basically and you scroll left and right, thats why it forces you to use landscape wallpaper and hence it prompts you to crop it.

4. Download from android market or download apk files, move them you your memory card and then use linda file manager to navigate to them and install them ( simple click will prompt you to choose installer or linda to open apk file. Choose installer. )

5. You can put the phone to silent or vibrate using volume keys. There are few apps for what you want. I never felt the need to explore that option as only silent, silent vibrate and normal ring is fine for me.

Spectre said:
Thanks Shripad :)

I connected to market using wifi and did whatever i wanted to

Posting same question again:

I get the Vodafone GPRS settings as SMS, it asks to SAVE it

but when i click the message, there is no such option on phone

How do you all enable grps on your spicas

you can always setup the parameters manually :)

Choose Your Samsung phone Model on Vodafone Live!

you can always try settings even if they do not support spica officially...

on previous page...see if you have any clue to my query .. :)

Thanks, i will check that, though spica is not listed there
I have logged a call with Vodafone CC on this

on your query:
i say, get the phone for 12.2K which is the cheapest you have found. spica rocks :hap2:
Just ensure, its a sealed piece, with proper import sticker and original bill with barcode sticker that the dealer will take out from the box and stick it on the bill
Atleast my dealer did that

madnav said:
you can always setup the parameters manually :)
Choose Your Samsung phone Model on Vodafone Live!
you can always try settings even if they do not support spica officially...

on previous page...see if you have any clue to my query .. :)

Spectre said:
Thanks, i will check that, though spica is not listed there
I have logged a call with Vodafone CC on this

on your query:
i say, get the phone for 12.2K which is the cheapest you have found. spica rocks :hap2:
Just ensure, its a sealed piece, with proper import sticker and original bill with barcode sticker that the dealer will take out from the box and stick it on the bill
Atleast my dealer did that

logging the call wont make much difference.
had to setup up parameters manually incase of both vfone and loop on my asus p320..

Thanks Tallyme...

The ROM is rooted i suppose or is it not
How many live papers r pre-installed
Does it support bluetooth file sending

Which firmware are you using
XXJCE...JCF...JD4
tallyme said:
yeah i tried LkMod 2.5

some features i liked were
live wallpapers
vibrate on connect n disconnection of a call
tap features on screen
auto rotation of home screen
longer battery

but had some problems with loosing network ...but that just might be the place i am staying at...has pathetic connectivity

jus be sure to save your apn settings though
its a pain to loose them

Got the 2.1 android updated at Samsung service center :D (Annanagar opp K4 police station)

Gave it in the morning and got it back around 6pm

Didnt give any false reason, told that i need 2.1 upgrade and they took it straightaway. Carry the original bill and a photocopy of it

Early impressions are just awesome :hap2:

Metalspree said:
No crashing of applications what so ever .Phone is kind of fast.Battery life has increased

just incase if you still have issue with disconnecting the call with earphones..
try pressing th button for longer duration to disconnect...it may just work..
(this is how it was with v3i and same with my current p320)

sgx100 said:
Thanks Tallyme...

The ROM is rooted i suppose or is it not

How many live papers r pre-installed

Does it support bluetooth file sending

Which firmware are you using

XXJCE...JCF...JD4

1. Yes, the LKMOD roots the rom

2. There are no preinstalled live wallpapers but the option to add them is there, you can get these livewallpapers from the google market.

3. all 2.1s support bt file sharing.

4. the mod is only compatible with JCE

I went out to buy Spica today but its out of stock everywhere(atleast in chembur):(

I was told that New Stock with updated 2.1 OS should be available within this week :) 12K was the price quoted.

Searched For it At indraprsth in borivali but one one knows it.

checked the the mobile store too, but they made excuses "as samsung has stopped production of android based phone as android is not good". (my reaction F*** You).

^ Seriously these mobile store people are dipshits...

Last week i went to the store here in NOIDA with a close friend(girl) who wanted to buy it after checking mine out... i knew something like this would happen ...And it did..

I asked her to do the talking... she inquired about it...and here it was : Madam usmein bluetooth nahi hai... keval headset ke saath chalta hai...bekar phone hai...

I took out my phone and asked him to check it out...and told him that the new stock comes like this (preloaded with the new OS). All he said was theek hai...

I recommended this to a close friend of mine few days back, she got it today evening & called me to say that she is very sad as she could not understand anything, will have to check up tomorrow when i see her & the phone :)

lolz...the chick i got it for....

She kinda in Love with it! xD

but ya hates the fact that her nails dont work while typing.. ....

@ Ironman,

The phone is available at Channel9 Jayanagar.:hap2:

I bought it yest only from there and also i got the 2.1 updated out of the box,,,,,,,awesome phone,,,,:D

And guys one more doubt i didnt get the 2 extra battery covers...?

He opened a sealed pack box but it was not mentioned on the box that it contained the 2 extra covers...

Back