The Samsung Galaxy Spica i.e. I5700 thread

sujithbvm said:
Guys please help me out,

I have a Laptop in which the internet is present and now i want to share the same internet on my spica using wifi connection but as soon as i turn on the Wifi on the laptop, my phone is not detecting the wifi network of the lappy.

Please ne one could help me out please...:huh:

Check this link:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/setup/adhoc.mspx

I assume that you are using Windows XP.....

:clap:

Guys , Hows the music quality in this fone, with earphones and also the loudspeaker... to which nokia fone it can be compared to....??

I was missing the T9 KB feature after the 2.1 upgrade,there is no more samsung KB.I am not accustomed to QWERTY KB.Searched for a Keyboard app and found one its called Smart Keyboard PRO.( works like charm).

cyneuron said:
it beats my cowon d2 to a large extent...so i can easily say its awesome...

wow what kind of ears do u have???

My s9 kicks ass in sound quality
this phone has kind of ok ok sound quality

never used a nokia so cant really say but why compare phones to pmp

Alright!

Bro 1: are you using the stock samsung Ear phones? Then id agree to a certain extent...by adding that the soundstage is massive!

2: No it doesnt even come close vrt the SQ...

3: Period!

ViKiD said:
Alright!

Bro 1: are you using the stock samsung Ear phones? Then id agree to a certain extent...by adding that the soundstage is massive!

2: No it doesnt even come close vrt the SQ...

3: Period!

it could also be due to bad BBE settings on D2.

I just installed the Droid Comics Viewer. Absolutely brilliant. Has anyone tried it out? Looks similar to the iPad app (Marvel comics viewer or something).

Also, can anyone tell me where to find mobile optimised comics? If you cannot mention it here, please send me a pm.

Downloaded some Superman comics (.CBR format) and looking great. But, some mobile optimised comics would be brilliant

@nehaladsul

I am on Windows 7 and till now no success.
@njankit

The connectify software is telling me that no AP (Access Point) Mode supported. The laptop is Dell Studio 15

Sei said:
Also, can anyone tell me where to find mobile optimised comics? If you cannot mention it here, please send me a pm.

I use DailyStrip for comic strips(Calvin n Hobbes, Wizard of Id, Dilbert, etc). Highly recommended.

^ I've already installed those. I'm not talking about comic strips, but rather about comics like Superman, Spiderman etc.

Take a look at this for understanding what I mean by mobile optimised comic books. The Droid comics viewer I have on Spica also has these kinds of comics (with animation effects, vibration etc), but there are no known titles.

YouTube - Marvel Comics iPad Review

Vikid - Its a great software, but upkeep cost is something high for me
Great find, Thanks
It works! when i tried a docomo sim, but when i inserted an aircel sim, i didnt get a SMS :S

frankmehta said:
Sim Checker Lite. THE software to use, guys!

But it is telling me no ap mode supported and not letting me to login only....

Are u using the same at ur place?

Can u elaborate onhow to establish this connection?

sujithbvm said:
But it is telling me no ap mode supported and not letting me to login only....

Are u using the same at ur place?

Can u elaborate onhow to establish this connection?

Yes m using connectify from about a month and it always ran flawlessly from day one, i use AP mode however bcoz my atheros wifi card is win7 certified

In Connectify v1.2 u will see a wizard try using it, it is very simple.

Still if u need the steps here they are
1. Give wifi a name(the default name is "Connectify-me") and password
2. Select the source of internet in the internet dropdown box
3. just hit start hotspot and look at the status at the top of connectify window it would say that connectify-me (or the name that u gave) running and will show u that mode which in your case would be "Ad-Hoc WEP"
4 Now turn on your spica's wifi and scan for wifi network
You will find an encrypted network named "Connectify-Me"
select it enter the password that u gave earlier and thats it.
Now spica will disconnect from GPRS/EDGE network and start using wifi for internet.

Hi,

can any1 tell me, where in pune can i get it updated to 2.1?
and approx. how much time will it take? whole day / few hours..?

thanks

Back