The Samsung Galaxy Spica i.e. I5700 thread

My phone is on 2.1-update 1, Baseband i570EDDJC5, Kernel Version 2.6.29 shun.cho@SESE-S605 #2

What does this denote :ashamed:

ViKiD said:
Get rid of the Indian firmware and use some EU one...theya re much better...

Im on I570EXXJCF with the LKmod 2.02 + Samdroid mod +JIT 4.5.1

Spectre said:
Congrats mate! happy for u, ensoy :)

currently getting used to the stock keyboard in landscape mode....pretty good i would say.

one issue though.... where is the Enter key located for next line in sms??

im not able to get GPRS to work.

Operator : Loop mumbai

using the same setting that i was using for wm6.1 on asus p320.

even tried the setting that i received from loop directly when i 1st booted the cell.

if anyone on loop is able to use gprs then do post..

nothing very important though :p i would be switching network very soon..

Metalspree said:
Installed swype just not able to use it what so ever.I did go through all the tutorials..

which version did you install
i installed the version i listed on the prev page
that works
not too sure of the efficiency of it as an input alternative though

I installed the same :S.Since samsung has removed the samsung KB in the 2.1 update i am having tough time getting used to the QWERTY KB,as an alternative to it i am using smart KB pro but it keeps crashing now and then.I am in search of KB similar to the samsung one

anish_sha said:
@VikID

Why so? in which other fones does it work? spica runs the latest android rite? then... y its not working in spica????

I think its because of no multi touch...

I tried it and it didnt work..

Let me try the one posted here! :)

From my past experience...it works only as a basic keyboard...but without the swype feature..

@vikid What are these LKmod 2.02 + Samdroid mod +JIT 4.5.1.What will be the use of using the same.Can i get any link for the same??.I am free the whole weekend wanna try something on my phone.

Yep you can ...

Just make sure you apply the LK2.02 update first... which gives you recovery...

After that place the Samdroid mod update zip onto the root of your SD card...boot into recovery and update using - Update from any zip ... :)

But be sure you backup you SD card data .... and if possible before updating to the Samdroid mod ... create an ext2 partition of your choice (this can also be done in recovery mode)

It doesnt come up on mine, am i missing some setting here :S

all the other details show up as u listed below

AbhijithS said:
^^ yes it does...while charging, if the screen is off, press the lock button once the screen will comeup... you can see your network operator/time & date & below that, it will say either Battery Charging or Battery fully charged.

Guys can you please tell me if there is a max limit on the no of recipients to a single SMS... I text all my friends in one shot so something like 80 ppl. In my older phone Samsung Star I had to send the sms 8 times as the group limit was 10.

Back