The Samsung Galaxy Spica i.e. I5700 thread

madnav said:
how shall i go about replacing the memory card with a larger size?
The new Kernel [LK 2.07.beta1] allows you to backup the entire phone to a .TAR file. You can then use Odin to flash this file to the phone. You'll need at least 900 MB free on the SD to perform the backup.
madnav said:
btw i had updated launcher pro .. was that suppose to make any difference if done after update?
Nope. It should be fine.

froyo is coming to town!!!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

as i have mentioned before in the thread , my phone has survived a very forceful throw at the wall and also has met the floor from 3 feet heights ( courtesy my kid) and till now no scratch on the screen , just minor usage scratches on the body :D

@kippu: When is froyo coming, any official dates... Hope this time arnd I dont need to go to Samsung Service Centre. That suxx :mad:

i mailed samsung about the same and the reply was

Samsung GT-I5700 is based on Android1.5 OS and capable of upgrading

upto Android 2.1 OS . As per the mentioned query, presently no

information as such can be given for the same.We request you to be in

touch for the future reference.

my query was:

when will Samsung Galaxy Spica i5700 receive Android 2.2 Froyo update and support for multitouch ?

Service centre?

Guys my phone has a lil problem, A "swoosh" noice is heard to the caller on the other line every 30-40 seconds and my GF gets really angry because of this,

I was wondering if i can take it to the Samsung service centre in Bangalore? Or should i try anything at home before going to the service station. Please help me MY PHONE IS ONLY 4 DAYS OLD AND I DON'T WANT THE SERVICE FOLKS TO TOUCH IT :mad:

I'm getting 'download unsucessful' on my spica. I'm on airtel EDGE (orissa). it doesnt work over my campus wi fi anyway :|

anyone else has the same problem?

EDIT: fixed it by clearing the cache etc of the download manager app

LeshaK Please do not ask me about Froyo for the i5700, I
downloaded the source code, working, when will be the result I tell!

it will come , patience :)

greenhorn said:
I'm getting 'download unsucessful' on my spica. I'm on airtel EDGE (orissa). it doesnt work over my campus wi fi anyway :|

anyone else has the same problem?

EDIT: fixed it by clearing the cache etc of the download manager app

I have the same problem greeny, Could you please elaborate how you solved it? "DL manager" an application?

Just got the Spica after weeks of searching all over. :)

Now I have some extremely n00b questions:

1. It has Android 1.5 pre-loaded. Should I load 2.1 myself or should I get it done at a service center? I'm in Delhi at the moment.

2. What are Samdroid mods? What advantages do they have?

3. What is rooting your phone? What advantages does it have?

4. Is it possible to surf the internet on my laptop through the GPRS on i5700 just like I used to on my Nokia E51 with PC Suite?

5. What is the best way to move my contacts, calendar and messages from my E51 to i5700?

I know I can get the answers to these with some googling around and checking the forums but there's so much info out there that I am simply confused. A basic answer to all these questions by experienced users would be incredibly helpful.

Now this a little dumb...:ashamed:

I did not know how to make the phone vibrate when in Silent mode. I discovered it by chance today.
When the phone is in Silent mode then press the Up volume rocker only once, it goes into Vibrate mode.

Hope this helps those who didn't know :)

Metalspree said:
Press the vol down completely it goes to vibrate mode.Haven t you enabled the option vibrate for general profile ??
No it doesn't happen on my phone :( and yes I have enabled vibrate in General Profile its the Silent one in which I wanted it to vibrate.

Attachments

• sku_42021_1.jpg
    sku_42021_1.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 75
I have a problem with apps2sd. I am on samdroid mod 1.03 and have enabled apps2sd from the samdroid tools. But all the Apps are still getting installed on the phone internal storage. Has anyone faced a similar issue. I have not created any partition on my SD card. I just flashed samdroidmod and enabled apps2sd.

Back