The Samsung Google Galaxy Nexus Thread.

Guys, thank you for all the suggestions and support. As I was busy I didn't get a chance to post my happiness regarding Jellybean Update last Saturday. Nexus tool kit in XDA forum seemed too complex and installed another Toolkit from wugfresh.com. It worked smoothly and very simple in going through the whole process of updating to Jellybean within no time. Very happy to be a member of Jellybean Nexus Family.

Hello friends, A friend of mine is offering me a nexus which he bought from US in feb12. What should be the reasonable price I should bargain for?? He says the condition is mint.. He offers it to me for 15k.. Can i go for it?? Please advice..

TY

15k for a 6 month old phone is a fair price, check the phone for any screen issues such as the purple tint or black spots on the screen.

If you don't get that I will!

Thanks a lot guys.. I got it from him for 13k.. The phone was in good condition but with very few scratches/use marks in the back.. So, I convinced him for 13k.. Hope he doesn't regret later.. Its such an awesome mobile.. It got updated to JB via home wifi and its now even better.. But I feel the volume from its speaker is very low.. Is it only me or to everyone?? Any fix to it??

TY

Thanks a lot guys.. I got it from him for 13k.. The phone was in good condition but with very few scratches/use marks in the back.. So, I convinced him for 13k.. Hope he doesn't regret later.. Its such an awesome mobile.. It got updated to JB via home wifi and its now even better..

Nexus prime for 13k? Damn bro! :O

Thanks a lot guys.. I got it from him for 13k.. The phone was in good condition but with very few scratches/use marks in the back.. So, I convinced him for 13k.. Hope he doesn't regret later.. Its such an awesome mobile.. It got updated to JB via home wifi and its now even better.. But I feel the volume from its speaker is very low.. Is it only me or to everyone?? Any fix to it??

TY

Yes...move to any good ROM.

Got GNex yesterday and i must say it's an awesome phone and just it has been updated to Jelly Bean today morning by a 160mb system update and running blazing fast now :happy26:.Thanks to ebay for such an awesome deal in between .

Yes same here. Brought Nexus Galaxy Nexus from Pune locally at 22000 Rs and out of the box it was ICS but got OTA jelly bean instantly after turning it on.

Now could anyone tell me what else should I do in it to make it amazing fast. Any perfect custom rom suggestion or something like that?

Yes same here. Brought Nexus Galaxy Nexus from Pune locally at 22000 Rs and out of the box it was ICS but got OTA jelly bean instantly after turning it on.

Now could anyone tell me what else should I do in it to make it amazing fast. Any perfect custom rom suggestion or something like that?

I'm using BAMF paradigm. Pretty solid.

Some screenshots of Xenon HD would be nice. :)

- - - Updated - - -

If I wipe data from CWM, what does it actually wipe? If it wipes the whole internal storage, won't that mean I will have lost any ROM zips that I had previously put on the phone?

^ Wipe data/factory reset only deletes all apps and settings. It does not format the storage/delete the files on the SD card. So whatever you've copied on the phone remains.

For formatting SD Card, you need to go in Mounts and Storage and then format /sdcard.

I bought nexus from Ebay (ManiacStore) yesterday for 23k (with ebay gifts) . Box is opened but Mobile and other accessories are looking new.

Could anybody suggest me some good screen guard?

I bought nexus from Ebay (ManiacStore) yesterday for 23k (with ebay gifts) . Box is opened but Mobile and other accessories are looking new.

Could anybody suggest me some good screen guard?

I have written a review for Gadgetshieldz for Galaxy Nexus. See if you like it.
http://www.techenclave.com/reviews-previews/gagdetshieldz-galaxy-nexus-137494/

_____

For the prospective buyers, ebay is running a 2500 discount. ALLMOBILE1
Capture.jpg

The offer is mentioned right on their homepage - "Mobiles in the Spotlight"

@viralbug Thanks! Currently on Xenon HD.

Is it normal to have a very slight bit of lag when pulling down the notifications bar? I got this on the stock ROM too. Usually this gets reduced if I don't use a live wallpaper.

Last edited by a moderator:
@viralbug Thanks! Currently on Xenon HD.

Is it normal to have a very slight bit of lag when pulling down the notifications bar? I got this on the stock ROM too. Usually this gets reduced if I don't use a live wallpaper.

I don't get any lags, I use wallpaper changer (changes the wallpaper on every screen unlock), try to use a static image and check for lags.

Last edited by a moderator:
guys, quick question. Does google allow you to sync your facebook account on the nexus? i just found out google was having privacy issues with facebook

Guys, is getting the galaxy nexus without warranty a good idea? I love everything about the phone. Im mainly attracted to the vast dev support!!! :) I know there wont be any warrant, so if i have problems on my phone, how'll I repair it? Have any of you guys had any problems with the phone's hardware?? Please reply! :) Thanks a bunch!

Back