The Sports Thread (Cricket, Football, Hockey, F1, Tennis, Archery, Wrestling, Golf, Kabaddi, Swimming, Sprinting, Chess and everything else)

I almost thought SA would choke today but they won and WI are eliminated.
I had already predicted this right here:
For as long as I remember, SA have looked invincible in World Cups barring the Knock Out games. KO is where they are known to lose. This WC is an anomaly tho. They don't look dominant by any means. All their wins have been on very thin margins where the game could've gone either way. Somehow, they have managed to hold on to their nerves, something they have repeatedly failed to do in all previous WCs.
India vs Australia this evening!
That Mitchell Marsh post match interview was fun. "Come on, Bangladesh!" XD

@Black_Hawk If Cricket had Oscars, Naib and Rizwan would always be in the top two. Tbh I don't think this was unfair. Afg deserved to get to bowl their quota and rain had no right to get in their way. Ban went on to lose so it'd be mighty unfair if that one ball had somehow made Ban the winners.

oscar.jpeg

Last edited:
Naib had the quickest hamstring injury recovery... he now holds the record! Even before Rashid Khan bowled his delivery Naib went down holding his knee...what a performance :p

Great win for AFG... Aussies have been knocked out, who would have thought this might happen at the start of the WC!!

Aussies deserve this. They were over confident and arrogant personified.
It may not be a thing to brag about but that confidence and a hint of arrogance have made them who they are. They have a winning culture ingrained in them and their trophy cabinet speaks volumes about it. Even their women's team is equally dominant in their games. The more you press them, the better they fight.

I think we should learn from them instead of being critics. We can filter out the good stuff from the bad and learn the art of coming clutch under pressure.

Back