The Stock Market Thread

What your take on NTPC?

i am holding 100shares @181, any idea how should i hold it to recover my costs.

my Outlook is long term.(3-5yrs)

Gaurish said:
What your take on NTPC?

:hap2: no issues in long term.....power and thermal based industries wont sink and nor would their productivity.........its right now at the ~150rs. mark...if it falls below say 130 say , buy more and average out.......and hold on to them.....

Another nice long view perspective is "Powergrid" - Scrip Code :532898

Peeps with more money to invest....

Monsanto India Ltd !!! - Scrip Code : 524084 .....@ 1160 (current levels) its an excellent buy........2000% divident on each share :S :S :S

Another LONG term investment i have said before and say it again....Tata Steel !.....the global recession will pull steel and paper markets super low BUT once these start to move there is no stopping....Tata Steel was : 950 buks in JAN !!!....and now its ~ 160 buks!......now do the math !......

Gaurish said:
What your take on NTPC?

NTPC is now 184:hap2:

thinking of making a exit, what you guys say?

reason: expecting stock to plunge by atleast 3-4Rs when market opens. so looking to lower cost and maximizing profit

Tomorrow will be gr8 day for Indian stock market.Experts are even expecting upside circuit on market,guys time to make huge instant money :hap2:

antonieo said:
am new to stcoks but some person called me to join over phone for 555
this is the time to buy shares

Wait till budget...also soon ull hear frm big daddy that recovery hasnt taken place...to push the market bak to 10k level....my source::dna money section by vivek kaul.....

As now the market went into -ive sentiment which are the sectors besides banking to invest.....my horizon is small say for a month or 2 since i doubt another big crash going to happen ard september...jus my personal thinking..or timing whtever u want to say

MAGNeT said:
As now the market went into -ive sentiment which are the sectors besides banking to invest.....my horizon is small say for a month or 2 since i doubt another big crash going to happen ard september...jus my personal thinking..or timing whtever u want to say

Invest in Reliance Capital for huge short term gain with strict stop loss of 750.
In banking sector ICICI looks good for investing :)

I think this is good opportunity to buy on every dips as rare chances that sensex will not go below 13000. It's very very difficult to see 11000 again.

tech1978 said:
I think this is good opportunity to buy on every dips as rare chances that sensex will not go below 13000. It's very very difficult to see 11000 again.

U never know..where were the expert when the market was 18k...saying in year it will touch 30k..and where it went....
Just the conditions ard dont make me feel its good for market...no+ive growth here....plus any signs of no+ive outcome in US will further tank it down...

YA icici looks good i was so does infrastructure sector.....i guess more and more stuff will come up for them...but the major player now looks to b FMCG...since govt wants to increase consumption so that more indirect taxes come.....the more u buy the more job is created and all....

Buy Long term at your own risk. The world has far too much Liquidity which WILL create several bubbles in the long run. The real estate bubble in India is being patched up before it fully burst - for obvious reasons.... The governments all over the world can't be stupid , yet they are leading nations into a situation where the system just can't sustain itself. The conspiracy theorists make more sense than the solutions proposed by governments and regulators today. The fiscal deficit is skyrocketing- which could affect the sovereign rating.... wonder what is in store....

Don't believe what I say---don't believe anyone for that matter..... do your own research/verification and reach your own conclusions....

This a bad month for Dalal Street. BSE - 15558 and going lower. NSE - 4664 and going lower.

Are we seeing 4 yrs back prices in the coming months now? Heard some bank guy say on news that it might touch 4100-4k for NSE. That means BSE would be around 14.8k or lower.

Indain sectors now a days

Power sector -- completely powerless and useless

telecom -- scams and scams..

aviation -- companies are out of money and employees are doing NGO work without salary for months

oil sector -- where is the oil ?

banking sector -- lols... most of the sectors, where these banks have invested in started to show its color starting from power, aviation,telecom,retail and last but not the least infrastructure.

Infrastructure -- dreaming of owning a house will also attract high interest now a days :bleh:

Only thing i suggest to anyone is stick to 3-5 stocks in all in ur porfolio.. keep buying little every time the stock falls. avoid volatile areas where even god cant predict what can happen next :p

last but not the least ..try investing in commodities like silver as they always have large margins ...

Back