The Stock Market Thread

Even all blue-chip stocks are almost in their 52 week lows :O

Guys keep on suggesting what to buy...its seems though 12k is a possibility and if the left decides to hang in Congress in this mnth itself expect a bloodbath to 10k :O

It may actually be looked upon (in the future) as a great time to buy stocks, however nobody is certain and it is a fact that markets traditionally take much longer to get back to their previous highs after such corrective bear markets. So any buying/holding decision must be backed up with lots of patience (Which may be tested beyond just a few years ).

Here is an interesting article on how the BSE has done over the past few years (with a 3 year BSE chart) .

What Happened to China and India? - Barrons.com

Supra said:
Even all blue-chip stocks are almost in their 52 week lows :O

Guys keep on suggesting what to buy...its seems though 12k is a possibility and if the left decides to hang in Congress in this mnth itself expect a bloodbath to 10k :O

any large cap company with good fundamentals will give you better returns over a period of time and large caps will see the momentums first.

What i am looking at
RIL
BHEL
HDFC
HDFC Bank
SBI
RELIANCE CAPITAL
PUNJJLLOYD
MUNDRAPORT (will see development of case in supreme court which dented its price today)
ABANLLOYD / ABAN OFFSHORE
TATA CHEMICALS
TATA STEEL
PETRONET LNG
DLF
GAIL
GMR INFRA
SESA GOA
L & T

i am open for more suggestions.

yesterday i got hold of

TATA CHEMICALS
PETRONET
SESA GOA
this was in the morning when market was in red.

when i rejoined in afternoon saw about 10% profit in every script and i booked immediately intraday.

i got handsome returns :clap:

now those scripting nearing again the my intended prices. :p :D

Guys dont buy anything:cool2: Its too late to sell and too early to buyEvery new session ends with new bottom.Even nifty allready broken sentimental targets also.Soon you will see DOW in three figures:bleh: Imagine where our poor sensex will stand in three figures..8000-9000 ..look at crude oil,the way to 175$ does not seems difficult:p Book your profit in high curves,this gonna happen today.

Well here is something I posted on FE . I managed to post it in the "Fun Stuff" section, but no one cared to move the thread even after 2 edits requesting the same. I am posting it here :
Well here are a few web pages that predict a Global Financial Disaster.

Here's a quote from Mr. Tim Bond, Barclays capital's chief equity strategist:

"This is the first test for central banks in 30 years and they have fluffed it. They have zero credibility, and the Fed is negative if that's possible. It has lost all credibility,"

Read the full story here: Barclays warns of a financial storm as Federal Reserve's credibility crumbles - Telegraph

another link : Fortis made cash call in face of expected U.S. 'meltdown' - chairman - News - MSNBC.com

Here's what the Roal Bank of Scotland had to say :

The Royal Bank of Scotland has advised clients to brace for a full-fledged crash in global stock and credit markets over the next three months as inflation paralyses the major central banks.

"A very nasty period is soon to be upon us - be prepared," said Bob Janjuah, the bank's credit strategist.

A report by the bank's research team warns that the S&P 500 index of Wall Street equities is likely to fall by more than 300 points to around 1050 by September as "all the chickens come home to roost" from the excesses of the global boom, with contagion spreading across Europe and emerging markets.

Such a slide on world bourses would amount to one of the worst bear markets over the last century.

Full Story :RBS issues global stock and credit crash alert - Telegraph

Morgan Stanley had this to say :

The clash between the European Central Bank and the US Federal Reserve over monetary strategy is causing serious strains in the global financial system and could lead to a replay of Europe's exchange rate crisis in the 1990s, a team of bankers has warned.

"We see striking similarities between the transatlantic tensions that built up in the early 1990s and those that are accumulating again today. The outcome of the 1992 deadlock was a major currency crisis and a recession in Europe," said a report by Morgan Stanley's European experts.

Full Story: Morgan Stanley warns of 'catastrophic event' as ECB fights Federal Reserve - Telegraph
Another quote from the Telegraph:
Fetch your tin helmets once again. The European Central Bank is opting for a monetary purge. So too is the US Federal Reserve, now ruled from Dallas.

Ãœber-hawks and Cromwellians have gained the upper hand at the great fortress banks. Whether or not they admit it, both are embarked on policies that must lead to retrenchment across the Atlantic world.

The City mood turned wicked as the full import of this policy switch sank in last week. On Wall Street, the Dow's 396-point dive on high volume late Friday had an ugly feel.

"There is now the distinct possibility of a simultaneous sell-off in global bonds, equities and commodities," said Jonathan Wilmot from Credit Suisse.

Source: Federal Reserve and ECB are in no mood to save us from the consequences of our debt - Telegraph
What all this seems to suggests that the world may be set to face a financial crisis in the coming months. What would be more important from India's standpoint is how much of an impact would all this have on our economy and our markets ? I have been thinking that our markets have corrected significantly and are fairly priced.....but reading all this has made me rethink.......particularly since most of out IT/BPO firms have huge interests abroad.....I was wondering if it could lead to loss of jobs , leading to reduction in demand which could lead to smaller industrial profits across the board ??? I hope it does not happen but is it really possible ?

key to stay alive in the market: "never listen to any expert(like moneycontrol....or even ur trading company)...

Have experienced and also seen ppl suffer losses by listening to so called experts..

Stock markets cannot be predicted. go by ur instincts.

gangulysaptak said:
key to stay alive in the market: "never listen to any expert(like moneycontrol....or even ur trading company)...

Have experienced and also seen ppl suffer losses by listening to so called experts..

I agree with you.Never listen to any expert,they are like rain frogs.There is holding of more then 12 counters with me:rofl: Stucked in digg for at least 2 years:mad:

gangulysaptak said:

The best thing (and probably the only thing) one can do is to actually start reading stuff and become an expert himself/herself . I don't think these "experts" are dumb, just that they have too many undisclosed vested interests that make them lie untill the truth is obvious.

Neotheone said:
The best thing (and probably the only thing) one can do is to actually start reading stuff and become an expert himself/herself . I don't think these "experts" are dumb, just that they have too many undisclosed vested interests that make them lie untill the truth is obvious.

The Real Fact..Money losted by own decisions does not pain,It hurts if happened by others suggestions.

1137 points down....

Heh real estate slaughtered now how long can the real estate sharks keep the inflated prices on properties ....

Back