OC & Modding The Windows 7 Experience Index thread

yeah,the mobo is a p67.some asus one,no idea which model.how much would a h67 differ by?or rather,how would it make a difference in cpu scores if it is allowing the cpu to perform at its best(if it does?)

WEI from my recently installed windows 7 system, laptop is 2.5 years old

35cecxv.jpg

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

One query from above screenshot. The graphics part, the card (or whatever) is properly detected but what that "Microsoft Corporation WDDM 1.1" in brackets mean ??

Does it mean that some sort of default drivers were installed for this and i may need to install win 7 compatible drivers for my ATI Radeon 3100 ?

PS: After installing the OS i did not install any drivers explicitly and all were installed by win7 itself.

^mate, your rating is different, how come your proccy, ram and other system details are displayed, while those are not displayed in ours

CA50 said:
^mate, your rating is different, how come your proccy, ram and other system details are displayed, while those are not displayed in ours
Right click my computer -> properties -> click on index link and then on this page you get your index, here there is another link which mentions "View and Print detailed performance and system information" and when you click this another popup comes with more detailed information as in my screenshot.

Here is the score of my 2.5 yr old budget gaming rig. Well balanced ;)

25qtyyf.jpg

My config:

Core 2 Duo E7300 @ 3 Ghz (Mild OC)

2X2 Gb 800 Mhz Transcend DDR2

Zotac 9800GT

Corsair 400CX PSU

945 Chipset

LG 16X9 monitor

250GB Caviar Blue + 40GB seagate (9 years old!!!)

Please note that you'll get slightly higher scores if you're using Windows 7 32 bit... :)

I bought a Corsair F120 120GB SSD and did a fresh install with the OS in the SSD drive.

With CPU at stock and RAM at 1600Mhz, rest unchanged, I got:

CPU 7.6

RAM 7.8

GPU Both 7.9

HDD 7.8 (I did NOT do any cheating. You can come over if you want :))

With CPU at 4.3 GHz and the rest same, now I get

CPU 7.8

RAM 7.8 (no longer 7.9 :( )

GPU Both 7.9, both parameters I mean, I only have one GPU

HDD/SSD 7.8

Now, it can't be more balanced than this :D

Here's my score

running -

i5 2500

Sapphire 6850

2* 4GB Corsair 1333 C9

Gigabyte H67MA-UD2H-B3

Not sure if 6.4 is normal for an HD6850 and Aero.

weiwei.jpg

^ HD6850 with 6.4.... no, that's not right. Even my old HD5770 does 7.3/7.4, you need to check your drivers, probably try doing complete uninstall of Catalyst drivers and clean install with latest (11.6) drivers.

@iGo - SoTrue, Ran Driver sweeper to remove ccc 11.6 completely and did a fresh install and voila..now let me check those Witcher 2 Frame Rates.

BTW are you a designer? Signature layout is very cool.

edit: ok now I know..

wei116.jpg

I've a question... how it is that you guys are seeing hardware data next to the the rating type. For example actual CPU name in Processor row or total memory next to Memory (RAM) row? Look the my screenshot, this is what I see in my WEI screen. :S

^ Thanks man... something so obvious, but I didn't notice it before. Good to know, I was just confused why is mine showing so different. :p

EDIT: Hah, just noticed that I had missed a page from this thread where CA50 has asked the same question. Another thing to remember, to make sure to read all the previous conversations. Dumb me. :p

1.jpg

recently my SSD performance went down from a score of 7.7 to 7.4. Any idea on this guys?? I have an OCZ Agility 2 60GB SSD. I never changed my system in any way for such a drastic reduction in score.

Back