The Windows Phone 7 thread

There is a known issue with the Omnia 7 freezing on the WP7 update.... happened to a fair few folks, news stories about it around on the net (check them out here).

Seems like the best thing to do is for Omnia 7 owners to wait a few days. MS is investigating the issue and seeing what the problem is, apparently, and will correct the update...

Although I don't think there's that much to the upgrade anyway? Just revamping the software update process iirc?

Oh cool, will update now! India MarketPlace maybe they will launch during Diwali time when the major update and new phones should be around :D

WP7 is really really looking good, with the IE9 stuff coming late this year.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Update - took 30 minutes - anyone notice any improvements? For me, the "Thats Not Funny" free app loads faster and also after loading, starts playing the sounds sooner after tapping them - used to take a while to load and play before :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

OK, either my net connection is suddenly faster or IE7.x on WP7 is actually faster at loading/rendering/rotating websites!

I'm embarrassed now :ashamed:

Apparently this update is just to update the WP7 updater :p Got that?

Actualy copy-paste stuff and app loading improvements to come as announced around early March - I think the 8th...

I am gonna exchange my Galaxy S today (cost to cost) with a T-Mobile branded HD7, I've a couple of questions:
1. Would the phone get locked again if I update
2. Does the manually unlocked version comes with restriction/downsides? (like how is it on the iPhone, we have to wait for the next unlock to hit when the phone updates and security cripples a bit)
3. Does Bing Maps works well ? (I got a hands on the HD7 today briefly it took atleast a minute before it locked on my location)

Not sure about your other questions because I bought it unlocked locally, but Bing maps works very well indeed, at least it did on my recent road trip from Pune to Diveagar beach and back :)

Only bug I noticed with Bing maps is that when you lose the data connection (I have Airtel GPRS/EDGE) the maps also appears to stop tracking your location via GPS, which is totally fixable and I hope they fix it in the upcoming update (codename: NoDo) this month.

Remember the major update (codename: Mango) rumoured by the end of this year includes Internet Explorer Mobile 9.0 - a very impressive software engineering feat if they actually pull it off without too many limitations!

Just trying the "Board Express" free tapatalk app, very nice! I think this may be the first app I purchase (if allowed in India) - too bad TE tapatalk server plugin is outdated :D

BTW - GET READY THIS WEEK FOR THE NO-DO UPDATE LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!!

WP7 (and Nokia) together will conquer the smartphone market I tell you - and pee all over the iPhone's grave.

Back