The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings - Discussion Thread

Re: The Witcher 2 - Discussion Thread

dinjo said:
Not really sure i understand that since game isn't showing what needs to be done

Ctrl key > Select Quen (2nd Last) from the Signs Menu (left hand side). After selecting, hit 'Q' to use it. It will form a protective shield. When you level up, make sure You level up Quen. You'll need it. Same goes for Critical strikes and Vitality.

Hand Holding issue: Worst part, you'll have to read those tiny bits from the Journal.

Inventory management system needs a sort by name button.

Completed 2 endings of the game. Awesome game. Was a bit disappointed with the ending. Chapter 3 was a bit underwhelming. Anyway, the first two chapters more than made up for that. Awesome storyline as usual. But, it still has a lot more of explaining to do. Maybe next sequel will explain more.

Chapter 2 was my favourite. It had lots of "memorable moments". I am still amazed at one of those moments. Read only if you completed Chapter 2 in Iorveth's path.
When Saskia revealed herself as the Dragon..
I still cant get over it. Really hats off to CDP. Wonderful script.

Bluffmaster said:
Tell me about it. :| I am trying to find a fix for this problem but can't seem to find any. :( The experience with low framerate just wasn't the same therefore had to put this game on hold till I upgrade. :|

Got it to full screen mode. In the new CCC, you need to; My Digital Flat Pannels, Properties and tick the 'Enable GPU Scaling' option. Click on apply and come out of it. Then choose any resolution for any game and the GPU will scale it to fullscreen.

Ethan_Hunt said:
Awesome! I'll see how it goes then. Thanks for the tweaks. :)

Also, is it just me or is the text WAY TOO small in this game @1920x1080?
Yes and playing with a controller makes it even more difficult since the messages go out quickly.

Ethan_Hunt said:
Got it to full screen mode. In the new CCC, you need to; My Digital Flat Pannels, Properties and tick the 'Enable GPU Scaling' option. Click on apply and come out of it. Then choose any resolution for any game and the GPU will scale it to fullscreen.

How to get it? I only have, "MY VGA DISPLAYS"

Please help, if indeed the game runs better at lower resolution, and the GPU can scale up well, I would like to try it out.

How much is the fps boost after the patch ? I still cant get the patch installed.

Tarcxy said:
Completed 2 endings of the game. Awesome game. Was a bit disappointed with the ending. Chapter 3 was a bit underwhelming. Anyway, the first two chapters more than made up for that. Awesome storyline as usual. But, it still has a lot more of explaining to do. Maybe next sequel will explain more.

Chapter 2 was my favourite. It had lots of "memorable moments". I am still amazed at one of those moments. Read only if you completed Chapter 2 in Iorveth's path.

What was the other ending?

My playthrough - Gave Iorveth his sword but sided with Roach to pursue Kingslayer.

Spoilers if you've not played this way.

At no point does Iorveth come back barring Seige of Vergen.

Let Roche dispose off Henselt.

Sided with Triss, Saved Sile when she tries to teleport.

Killed the Dragon.

Killed Letho.

Ending -

After defeating Letho, the final cutscene shows Geralt looking at a ladybird, then it flies off.

Overall this game is amazing, dialogues could have been better. The game puts you on the spot multiple number of times so will need to try the other endings now :)

I was trying to cancel potion which allowed to see in the dark as said in tutorial and it says go to mediation to cancel potion but it says can't mediate here

comp@ddict said:

Please help, if indeed the game runs better at lower resolution, and the GPU can scale up well, I would like to try it out.

Are you using a CRT monitor? What driver version are you on?

This is what the setting looks like:

46940821.jpg

quixand said:
What was the other ending?

Ending -

After defeating Letho, the final cutscene shows Geralt looking at a ladybird, then it flies off.

That final ending was the same. But, the ending with the Dragon was different. Indeed I was made to fight it. I followed Iorveth and the truth about the Dragon was revelaed. Below is a major major spoiler if you dont know the truth about the Dragon in your path..

In two of my endings, I was to save either Philipa and Triss. By saving Philipa, I would save Saskia who was under her spell. And by Saving Triss, I couldnt release Saskia from the spell.

comp@ddict said:

Scaling doesnt wont work in VGA output I guess. Try connecting a DVI or HDMI if possible and try it. What monitor are you using..

I have the BenQ G2220HD, I'm using the default cable I got, guess it's a VGA cable. Shit, lemme search the box for another connector.

In Chapter 1

How will i get Silver Sword since it was lost when trying to run i'm about to face the sea monster when will i get the silver sword ?

Tarcxy said:

Really that moment you mentioned was like WTF!!?? Just entered chap 3 and have to agree, chap 2 was like ridiculously awesome.
dinjo said:
In Chapter 1

How will i get Silver Sword since it was lost when trying to run i'm about to face the sea monster when will i get the silver sword ?
You need to make a new one. :(

comp@ddict said:
I have the BenQ G2220HD, I'm using the default cable I got, guess it's a VGA cable. Shit, lemme search the box for another connector.
Comp@ddict: Why have you been using a VGA cable with an HD Monitor? If you can't find it in your monitor box, buy a new HDMI or DVI cable. Yu will surely see a difference in video quality. It won't cost more than 250 bucks.

baccilus said:
Comp@ddict: Why have you been using a VGA cable with an HD Monitor? If you can't find it in your monitor box, buy a new HDMI or DVI cable. Yu will surely see a difference in video quality. It won't cost more than 250 bucks.
thanks, the boxes are tucked away somewhere with kilograms of dust. I'm digging them up, what difference in quality will i be noticing?

Since there are no signal conversions, you should get a crisper and brighter display...!

Almost about to complete the prologue. The stuttering and random pauses are completely annoying. I am getting stable frame rates otherwise. If this continues, I'll have to stash the game away till it either comes out on the consoles OR I get a decent hardware. It' really sad, because I was just beginning to enjoy the game. :(

Ethan_Hunt said:
Almost about to complete the prologue. The stuttering and random pauses are completely annoying. I am getting stable frame rates otherwise. If this continues, I'll have to stash the game away till it either comes out on the consoles OR I get a decent hardware. It' really sad, because I was just beginning to enjoy the game. :(
It'll release on the 360. So if you're not enjoying the way it is playing you should wait. (Or go steal Gann's rig!).

pretttt said:
Really that moment you mentioned was like WTF!!?? Just entered chap 3 and have to agree, chap 2 was like ridiculously awesome.

You need to make a new one. :(

How do i make a new silver sword ?

Back