The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings - Discussion Thread

Re: The Witcher 2 - Discussion Thread

dinjo said:
How do i make a new silver sword ?

You dont really need a sword to fight the Kayran :p. Just three Kayran traps would do.
Anyway, there is a blacksmith in the Flotsam Nonhuman district. He will have a crafting diagram for a "Witcher Superb Silver Sword" or something. Just buy the diagram, collect the required components and ask him to craft it for you.

F*ck this! I give up. The stuttering has gone from bad to worse. Unless this game gets a patch, which makes it playable or the console version comes out, I'm shoving this aside for now. :mad:

Can someone give me the registry entry for uninstall data for Witcher 2

HKEY LOCAL MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{CODE OF WITCHER 2}

Can you pass on the values too , probably a screenshot of that key

Aman27deep said:
It'll release on the 360. So if you're not enjoying the way it is playing you should wait. (Or go steal Gann's rig!).
The last Witcher was being ported too, until CD PROJECKT RED realized porting will kill the fun, so got canceled. They stated the previous BIOWARE AURORA Engine could not be effectively ported I don't know about this new RED Engine, though it makes this game look like a real diamond in the rough. Enjoying the AHEM version right know.

Finished my first playthrough yesterday and still cant get over how amazing and well written the stories and the characters are. The ending did leave me a bit sad looking at the plight of some the key characters. The last boss fight was crap though.

I had to kill Saskia in my playthrough. I felt really sad for her. She was the only person who had the right goals and would've even achieved all those, if not for the treacherous Phillipa. Those poor residents of Vergen, who fought so bravely and defeated a tyrant, all for nothing. Zoltan, Yarpen, Skallen guess they will devastated to hear about Saskia. It was also sad to see how Iorveth ended up.

Now, I'm sure there will be a expansion coming soon. The ending is poised in such a way at a very interesting and possibly disrupting point.

Anyway, will try to get atleast one other ending tonight.

My friend seems to be disappointed with the high config requirements of this game. I guess he'll have to upgrade his config, a little bit maybe.

Okay guys, I'm having performance issues. Everything enabled except ubersampling gives me drops to 18fps and average 26-30fps.

Which settings do I disable which have the MAX effect on fps and possibly minimum effect on visual quality?

with ubersampling on/off

witcher2_Ubersampling.jpg

So a dual core is enough too...

witcher2_cores_fps.jpg

witcher2_ub_cores_fps.jpg

witcher2_ub_cores_avg.jpg

three cores is better than a quad core!!!

completely determined to rape ur pc..

TheWitcher2-GPUs-1920-US.png

No no, i have ubersampling off anyways, otherwise I'll have to watch a slideshow(maybe, havn't tried). Oh dear, what of the other settings?

Drop the resolution to 1280x720 and head over to GameFAQ boards, select the PC section for Witcher 2 and search for 'General Performance Tips' topic. This thread has the best tweaks and explanations for this game. Helped me a lot to gain a performance boost.

This thread might also help regarding performance. Someone posted this earlier.
The Witcher 2: Performance Thread [Patch 1.1 removes DRM, improves framerate] - NeoGAF

pretttt said:
Finished my first playthrough yesterday and still cant get over how amazing and well written the stories and the characters are. The ending did leave me a bit sad looking at the plight of some the key characters. The last boss fight was crap though.

I had to kill Saskia in my playthrough. I felt really sad for her. She was the only person who had the right goals and would've even achieved all those, if not for the treacherous Phillipa. Those poor residents of Vergen, who fought so bravely and defeated a tyrant, all for nothing. Zoltan, Yarpen, Skallen guess they will devastated to hear about Saskia. It was also sad to see how Iorveth ended up.
You just broke the Witchers code :p. Witchers dont kill Dragons.
BTW why did you kill her. There was an option to also walk away right?

Okay okay I did some tweaks, now I'm getting excellent fps near 35-40 in battles and 50+ elsewhere, good thing is I figured the settings which were sucking up a lot of GPU power, but the resultant addition to eye-candy wasn't worth it.

comp@ddict said:
Okay okay I did some tweaks, now I'm getting excellent fps near 35-40 in battles and 50+ elsewhere, good thing is I figured the settings which were sucking up a lot of GPU power, but the resultant addition to eye-candy wasn't worth it.
35-40!!...maybe u finally reduced the resolution
btw which gpu do u have...
btw can u share a screenshot of ur settings...
may help others like me...for a quick fix

35-40!!...maybe u finally reduced the resolution

btw which gpu do u have...

HD5850, at 1920x1080

Here are the settings in the order in which they are found on the menu:

(start from texture downscaling)

Low

Medium

Medium

Medium

Normal

Enabled

Enabled

Disabled

Disabled

Enabled

Enabled

Enabled

Disabled

Disabled

Enabled

Enabled

Enabled

Disabled

Enabled

Medium Spec

Just compare this to the options in order in which they appear in the graphical customization menu under the launched

Tarcxy said:
You just broke the Witchers code :p. Witchers dont kill Dragons.
BTW why did you kill her. There was an option to also walk away right?
I really didnt want to kill her. Even didnt want to fight with her. But at the end of the fight, seeing her impaled on the tree trunk like that, I thought if I walked away, she would just suffer and die a slow death. I thought maybe its better to just put an end to her misery. So, even though I killed her, it was just because I felt sorry for her :p BTW, I let Letho live too.

Also, reloaded today and got to see another ending too. This one happened to be much more to my liking.
Saskia lived, so did Iorveth. Triss is fine too! But that b**ch Philippa escaped. Anyway, I guess she has suffered enough.

Back