'This is My Broadband Plan' Thread

ISP - Rajesh Hathway, Ghatkopar, Mumbai.
Speeds : 1Mbps, No FUP
Performance/Downtime : Yes, at least once a month. However, any issues are resolved within an hour or two - unless its at night. However, customers of the same ISP in Ghatkopar W complain about downtime and speed issue.
Amount : about 6K a year. New connections are 7.5K yearly now. Monthly plans are 10% extra.
Pros : High speeds to Google services - independent of net speeds. I get 4 Mbps DL/UL for GMail, Drive, etc., which was earlier 10Mbps - they have capped it now.
Cons : Wiring is still on FE - 10/100 Mbps, so DC++ services are bad. Plus, they inflate the prices for routers, they were selling a N150 router for 2Kish - TP Link 740N.

ISP - Fivenet, Ghatkopar, Mumbai.
Speeds : Upto 10 Mbps, No FUP
Performance/Downtime : Very satisfied. Get speeds around 3-5 Mbps except for sites like MS, Google etc. where speeds can go up to 10 Mbps. Almost no downtime. It's DC hubs are second to none (in Mumbai at least).
Amount : 12K a year. For new connections they charge about 16k, but if you are good at bargaining, you might get it slightly cheaper.

ISP,Area,City: Beam Fiber, Hyderabad.
Speed and FUP: 15Mbps | 50 GB
Post Fair Usage Speeds: 2 Mbps
Amount: Rs.1120
Performance: No issues, excellent support, 99.9%up time with good http and torrent speed

I have my own apartment, but I also spend time in my parents' house on weekends and holidays.
My Place:
ISP - Airtel
Area - Nungambakkam
City - Chennai
Speed and FUP - 8Mbit, 80GB
Post Fair Usage Speeds - 512Kbit
Amount: 2000 + tax
Performance: Fantastic. Zero downtime and constant speeds of 1MB/s regardless of application or protocol. Never had to call customer support.

Parent's House:
ISP - Airtel
Area - Kottivakkam, ECR
City - Chennai
Speed and FUP - 4Mbit, 80GB
Post Fair Usage Speeds - 512Kbit (could be 256, not sure. Brother changed plan recently)
Amount: 1600 + tax
Performance: Was very good at first, then we faced an array of problems including frequent disconnections, terrible latency and poor download speeds for close to 6 months. It appears to have been fixed for the moment though.

ISP,Area,City: ACT BROADBAND,OMBR LAYOUT,BANGALORE
Speed and FUP: 10MBPS TILL 75 GB
Post Fair Usage Speeds: 2MBPS
Amount inc Taxes: 1572 INCLUSIVE OF TAXES
Performance: 3.5MBPS REGULAR SPEED,NO MAJOR ISSUES FACED SO FAR.
Hi Dilpreet, Can you tell me how you are subscribed to this plan. I can't find this plan listed by Act in their current tariff. I recently have taken a 15mbps/50GB/FUP512kbps plan from them. But this seems quite nice to have.

ISP: Airtel
Area,City: Pune, Nagar Road
Speed and FUP: 8Mbit, 175GB FUP
Post Fair Usage Speeds: 512Kbit
Amount inc Taxes: 2599 + tax
Performance: Been using Airtel for 8 years now without any major downtime, they finally decided to stop being lazy and offer the 8mbps/175gb FUP plan in Pune. Otherwise with my earlier 4mbps / 80gb plan, just getting those damned smartbytes plans used to push my monthly bill to around 5k (yeesh!)

ISP: Reliance BroadBand
Area,City: Tagore Garden, New Delhi
Speed and FUP: 2 Mbps & No FUP
Post Fair Usage Speeds: NA
Amount inc Taxes: ~790rs
Performance: 1-2 hours of downtime in a week but speed is very good in downloading (250K around), no buffering for 480p in youtube.
High ping(100ms+) will not let you play any online game, Dumb CC and reported tickets will close by itself & frustrating login after every 8-10 hours of continuous session.

ISP: Reliance BroadBand
Area,City: Gurgaon, Haryana
Speed and FUP: 2 Mbps & No FUP & No Uptime as well
Amount inc Taxes: ~790rs
Performance: Seldom works. Had a downtime of more than 28 days flat. Worked for 3 days and its down again from the last 3 days. These guys close the service requests on their own, without even checking with the customers if the issue has been fixed or not. To sooth my soul they gave me a waiver for 15 days.

I am currently in the process of moving to some other ISP. Still not sure which one.

Posting my experience of my old service provider Skynet (BBNL Backend) till March and the new one Hathway Docsis 3.0 from April.

OLD:
ISP: Skynet : BBNL Broadband
Area,City: Bangalore, Karnataka
Speed and FUP: 10 Mbps & No FUP &
Amount inc Taxes: ~1123Rs

Current:
ISP: Hathway Docsis 3.0
Area,City: Bangalore,Karnatka
Speed and FUP: 50 Mbps | 40 GB FUP
Post Fair Usage Speeds: 512 Kbps
Amount inc Taxes: ~Quaterly -3380 rs

Going to move shortly to 75 GB FUP plan which will cost Rs 5066 per Quarter and post FUP speeds would be 1 Mbps.

where's the experience? these are just the plans!
;)

Posting my experience of my old service provider Skynet (BBNL Backend) till March and the new one Hathway Docsis 3.0 from April.

OLD:
ISP: Skynet : BBNL Broadband
Area,City: Bangalore, Karnataka
Speed and FUP: 10 Mbps & No FUP &
Amount inc Taxes: ~1123Rs

Current:
ISP: Hathway Docsis 3.0
Area,City: Bangalore,Karnatka
Speed and FUP: 50 Mbps | 40 GB FUP
Post Fair Usage Speeds: 512 Kbps
Amount inc Taxes: ~Quaterly -3380 rs

Going to move shortly to 75 GB FUP plan which will cost Rs 5066 per Quarter and post FUP speeds would be 1 Mbps.

ISP,Area,City: Tikona,New Delhi,Delhi
Speed and FUP: 2 mbps and 20GB
Post Fair Usage Speeds: 512Kbps
Amount inc Taxes: ~Rs 750-
Performance: Ping drops after downtime, downtime at least twice a month.

Current:
ISP: Beam Telecom
Area,City: Hyderabad,AP
Speed and FUP: 15 Mbps | 50 GB FUP
Post Fair Usage Speeds: 2 Mbps
Amount inc Taxes: Rs.1120.

ISP,Area,City: Ortel Communications, Bhubaneswar, Odisha
Speed and FUP: 768kbps , No FUP
Amount inc Taxes: Rs. 900/- incl. of all taxes + free cable TV connection
Performance: Never had a downtime for more than 30 mins couple of times a month. Plus speed are mostly from 80-100kBps.

ISP,Area,City: PaceNet (Broadband pacenet india). Nagar Road, Pune.
Speed and FUP: 1mbps. No FUP.
Amount inc Taxes: 1235/-
Performance: A couple of hours down time every week :( Speed is good for downloading. Full 1mbps. But videos dont stream smoothly.

P.S. The only other wired option is Reliance (over copper cables) and all others are wireless like Tikona which has 25-30% RTO.

ISP,Area,City: Reliance Wireline Broadband. Nagar Road, Pune.
Speed and FUP: 2mbps. No FUP.
Amount inc Taxes: 750/-
Performance:Touchwood no problems yet other than two weeks down time due to cable cut 2 months back. Using it from 5 months now. Get 3-3.5mbps speed. Best thing is youtube is smooth at 720p/480p :)
P.S: They force you to buy the landline connection also. but thats a cheap tradeoff considering there is no other decent ISP in my area.

ISP: Classicgold BroadBand (BBNL)
Area,City: Bangalore , Karnataka
Speed and FUP: 14Mbps plan uptil 200gb
Post Fair Usage Speeds: 2mbps
Amount inc Taxes: 2000RS
Performance: have barely had issues unless theres a fibercut which is unavoidable and rare, have got prompt support and have also got backup cabling just in case cable 1 goes down, only concerns are upload speeds, Connection speeds are constant and good service been using since 2 years

ISP,Area,City: BSNL, Salem, TN
Speed and FUP: 4 mbps upto 20 GB
Post Fair Usage Speeds: 512 kbps
Amount inc Taxes: 1500/month
Performance: Occasional downtime

ISP,Area,City: BSNL, Ahmedabad
Speed and FUP: 2 mbps upto 15 gb
Post Fair Usage Speeds: 256 kbps
Amount inc Taxes: 1180/month
Performance: Little to no downtime. Been using since 1o years. total cummulative downtime till today not more 30 days. Speed consitently above 3.5 mbps barring a couple of times.
But the cost is high, competition is providing 2 mbps without FUP @ 700/month. Planning to shift to Spidigo.

where's the experience? these are just the plans!
;)

Performance: 95% Uptime. Never faced any major downtime issues, speeds are good and consistent. Pings are very low 10 to 15ms used to do gaming and play CS online on this, never felt any lag or any other issues. As it was an unlimited plan could download as much as i want.

ISP,Area,City: Tikona, Near GK Part 2, South Delhi.
Speed and FUP: 2mbps, 50GB
Post Fair Usage Speeds: <1mbps was the claimed speed, this is the speed right now with some torrents running http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3491620454
Amount inc Taxes: I paid 3 months bill in advance for around 3500rs after which I was charged about 1066rs monthly. Now I'm being charged 1200rs.
Performance: Its wireless. So lots of disconnections. 99% (1% power-cut) of my 7% abandonment in DOTA2 are because of this. This ISP is like an anti-online gaming ISP. Speedwise its very good in the first 50GB. But I'm getting this disconnected after this month. I've had enough of the disconnections and calling up their c/c. I might have made over 100+ complaints till now. And each time they assured me that the problems will be solved permanently but it doesn't help. Not recommended.

Tells us How much you Spend on Broadband connection, Speed you get, Fair Usage Policy, Post Fair Usage Speeds in the Format below.
This should help users who are looking for broadband connection in your vicinity.

Please Follow this Format:
Code:
ISP,Area,City:
Speed and FUP:
Post Fair Usage Speeds:
Amount inc Taxes:
Performance:

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DISCUSS ABOUT ISP'S IN THIS THREAD. Please Don't Crap this Thread. Take the PM Route Instead.
Just Post your Details That's it and Help others.
Thank you!
ISP – Tikona, Dombivli, Mumbai
Plan : 2Mbps, 20 GB Rs 700
Download Speed: 2Mbps
FUP Limit: 20 GB
Post FUP Download Speed: 512Kbps
Performance/Downtime : Connectivity good but drops out at times
PROs -
  • Installation needs minimum wiring

• Promised speeds, for the most part Plans are less expensive when compared to Airtel Broadband

• Unique looking router
CONS
  • Limited PCs can be used at one time

• Connectivity drops out at times

• Speeds dip considerably at times

• Logging in and out every time is a pain

Back