Top Upcoming Games For PS2 in 2006 !

Haha. I was hopping none would get it. They are two highly acclaimed games on the PS2. One is a puzzle type and the other is an action rpg.

Each day now is bringing us closer to Black :) I'm surprised at Getting up getting that high score from Gamespot. Though it was another one of those 25 to life kind of games :p

Anyways, contrubuting to the thread with some preview of The Da Vinci Code.

The Da Vinci Code

By: 2K Games, The Collective

Genre: Action

Release Date: May 19, 2006

Also On: XBOX

2K Games to input Da Vinci Code

Chances are it's not going to be "up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, start."

As much as people might bemoan the decline of the printed word's value in our society, it seems every year there's another hugely popular book racking up incredible sales and becoming a cross-cultural phenomenon complete with an inevitable movie adaptation. Some of these book-based movies seem tailor-made for games (Jurassic Park, Harry Potter), while others just don't lend themselves so well to the medium (The Bridges of Madison County, Tuesdays with Morrie).

Given a storyline devoid of both dinosaurs and dragons, but rife with suspense and intrigue, Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code, in which a Harvard professor investigates a murder at the Louvre Museum in Paris that leads to revelations about secret societies and international cover-ups, lies somewhere in between. Gamers everywhere will find out soon just how well Brown's tale acquits itself to the interactive environment, as 2K Games today announced that it will publish games based on director Ron Howard's film adaptation of the book. Both the film and the games are scheduled to be released in May of 2006.

The games will be developed for current-generation consoles by The Collective. While it hasn't worked on something with literary roots before, the developer has a long track record of bringing TV and film properties to games. The Collective worked on Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: The Fallen, Men in Black, and Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb. And currently the developer is working on Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure and another movie-based property, Dirty Harry.

2K Games has promised that the Da Vinci Code game will feature "action-oriented suspense" to please gamers and fans of the book alike. For that reason, the publisher has brought veteran developer Charles Cecil into the fold to work with The Collective. Cecil created the Broken Sword series of adventure games, latter-day throwbacks to a deliberately paced style of gameplay, where the emphasis is on puzzle-solving and storytelling instead of making things explode. Cecil's Revolution Software is currently working on the fourth Broken Sword game, which is set for release on the PC next summer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can expect it to be another Indigo Prophecy. I don't know how they are gonna' put the game from the novel.

Well the screenies Looks really impresive if they r not prerendered ! I hope it plays like faranhiet coz that would really rock ! I just hope that its not a bad movie based game like harry potter !

Time for an update Guyz and a big one at that ! This game was No.2 On my anticipation List. The review is a bit dissapointing but still this game is worth a buy for any boxing Fan . Yep You Guessed it , Its FIGHT NIGHT ROUND 3 ! I will be back with the reviews shortly !

EA Sports Fight Night Round 3

Published by : Electronic Arts
Developed by : EA Chicago
Genre : Sports
Number of Players : 1-2
Release Date : US February 20, 2006
ESRB Content Descriptors : Blood, Mild Language, Suggestive Themes, Violence
Also Available On : Xbox, PlayStation Portable
fightnightr3ps2box2005ratedbox1.jpg

RATINGS !

Presentation [ 7.0/10 ] : The essence of boxing has been captured really well by the developers, but essential elements like champion lists, top 10 rankings, and the like are sorely missed.

Graphics [ 8.5/10 ] : Excellent polygonal models, solid rag doll physics, and top-notch particles carry over from last year quite nicely. Just don't expect much more than that.

Sound [ 6.5/10 ] : The game's soundtrack is good enough and the audio effects are actually really good, but the inaccurate and repeating commentary by Joe Tessatore is made worse by its lack of new lines.

Gameplay [ 8.5/10 ] : Fight Night has the best boxing mechanics around and continues to blur the division between arcade and sim fighting elements. The new styles, techniques, and punches are all good stuff.

Lasting Appeal [ 8.0/10 ] : If it only had career mode, it wouldn't have much. But with multiple gameplay types and fantastic online and offline multiplayer options, you can expect to spend plenty of time with it.

OVERALL : [ 8.0 /10 ]

EA Sports Fight Night Round 3 Special Features :

• Three new impact punches keep gamers at the edge of their seat as players are only one punch away from the entire dynamic of the fight changing. Using the innovative analog punch system, impact punches are high risk and high reward put down your opponent or get knocked on the canvas
• Watch ESPN Classic footage of real-life bouts or re-create the greatest fights from past and present
• Establish intense rivalries of your own by intimidating opponents before the big fight with heated press conferences, trash talkin', and fights at weigh-ins. Relive the best rivalries of your career in ESPN's Instant Classics
• Create a style of your own, then see how you match up against the authentic signature styles from the world's best fighters. Licensed boxers use tactics and strategies that match their real life counterparts. Self Determinant AI adapts its style to match user strengths and to exploit weaknesses
Reviews
IGN [ 8.0 / 10 ] :
Following an award-winning year in which it won numerous praises for its mix of arcade and sim-based gameplay elements (including several accolades from us here at IGN), the Fight Night franchise has set our expectations rather high. After all, it had doubled the performance of the previous season's game in almost every category, and other than the unbalanced Haymaker punch, had fine-tuned its mechanics to create one of the most responsive and enjoyable boxing games ever made. But where can you go from there?
Speaking of styles, Fight Night Round 3 has managed to include a couple of other little goodies that adds depth to the gameplay… the most obvious of which, is the inclusion of actual boxer styles to vary fighting techniques. Not only does this mean that you can expect to see different stances and animations such as "Mummy" and "Elusive," but that you'll also see different punching styles (Fast, Slugger, etc) and defensive maneuvers (Cross, Philly Shell, etc). No matter what style they use, though, players can switch from orthodox to the southpaw stance on the fly, as well as lean on the ropes, or even taunt their opponent while moving (finally!).
Unfortunately, the single-player experience isn't all backrubs and candy canes. Even at the hardest difficulty setting, most AI boxers are as dumb as they come and offer little strategy or defensive wisdom. To their credit, the more aggressive opponents will get overzealous with super-fast combos once you've won a title or two, but if you use regular head movement and frequently change defensive positions, it'll scare them into not throwing punches. Out of 70+ fights against the computer on "Hard", I lost only one -- that should give you an idea of how well an advanced player will actually do.
Perhaps the most disappointing aspect of the entire game, though, is how substandard the career feature is. A lot different from last year, the career mode has taken some curious backward steps. To start, players are now forced to complete an entire amateur career before going pro (unlike in Round 2, when you could skip it entirely). This forced direction is because EA has incorporated a new "Rival" feature and the amateurs are used to introduce you to your main foil. It's a great addition in concept, but the execution isn't very strong. I ended up fighting against two or three guys that were my "rivals" in a single career three times each, and destroyed them before the fourth round every time. Anyone who follows boxing can tell you, if one guy knocks out the other one twice one-sidedly, the media hype and competition between the two isn't exactly heated.
The visuals in Fight Night Round 3 are pretty darned impressive too, and retain all the great detail and animation that last year's game had. Of course, because there aren't any drastic visual improvements over last season (or the proper power), the current-gen version of Fight Night doesn't have the cool emotions and facial expressions that the 360 edition has. Still, the stadiums, texture detail, and particle effects are all extremely well done -- and other than occasional slowdown when playing in widescreen mode, is as smooth as you'd hope for. Sadly, the audio doesn't hold up nearly as well. Borrowed almost word-for-word from Round 2, the variety of the commentary is pretty limited and will sound familiar to veterans of the franchise (plus, it's not always accurate). I also think that last year's soundtrack was quite a bit stronger.
STUFF [ 9.0 / 10 ] :
The skinny : The best boxing game in the business keeps getting better.

The cream : New impact punches—three in all—and a more satisfying career mode makes this the best Fight Night yet.

The crap : Those training mini-games are about as much fun as plucking out our knuckle hairs.

Handy press quote : "Fight Night Round 3 KTFO'd us…in the first round."
—StuffMagazine.com

You'll like this if you like : Don King. Ring Dings. Topless men.

Buy, rent or run away screaming ? : You're fine picking up the PS2 or Xbox version, but the 360 version—which costs $20 more—will blind you with its purtiness. Buy.

BOTTOM LINE : EA Sports Fight Night Round 3 isn't the huge improvement that Round 2 was compared to Round 1, and the lack of AI and the impoverished career mode is a disappointment. That said, Round 3 is still one hell of an addicting multiplayer game that provides hours and hours of hardcore boxing fun. The toned-down haymakers, better balancing, and inclusion of various styles makes playing with your buddy an awesome experience, and the mechanics are so good it even makes fighting against the CPU worthwhile in the beginning. It's not to be missed if you have gaming roommates or friends, but it's not to be counted on if you regularly forget what the sun looks like.
:)

Ok Guyz I am Going out of station and will be back on 5th march. Till Then goodbye everybody. I will try updating this thread if i get some Time.Till then Sayonara and Yeah miss me:p !

hmmm... im not sure if PoP3 got out on 2005 since i was kinda away from PS2 world since i have been playing L2 for the last 2 years.... but i can say that if it got out on 2k6 it has 2 be on the top 15 for sure, at least for me :cool2:

params7 said:
Got BLACK!! Been playing it for over 6 hourse now, almost finished already :p

Params,you have received my salute for getting black...how abt you can play my 360 for a while and you gimme black before you finish it.:p

Btw,pls give a review:)

Time for an update i guess :eek:hyeah:

Spy Hunter: Nowhere to Run

By: Midway, Terminal Reality

Genre: Mission-based Driving

Release Date: 2006

Also On: XBOX

Gamespot HANDS-ON! :

We climb into and out of what is allegedly the world's most sophisticated spy vehicle as we get our hands on Midway's next Spy Hunter game for the first time.

If Midway's long-running Spy Hunter series is known for one thing, it's the Interceptor vehicle that players have been using to hunt down enemies on land and water since 1983, when the game first arrived in arcades. That was six years after James Bond took the controls of a Lotus Esprit submarine in The Spy Who Loved Me, of course, but the fact that the Interceptor could transform from a sports car into a speedboat and back again in an instant made it one of the most desirable arcade automobiles of the era. In recent Spy Hunter games, the Interceptor has gained the abilities to function as a motorcycle or Jet Ski after one of its more conventional forms takes a lot of damage, but it's only in the upcoming Spy Hunter: Nowhere to Run that the Interceptor's doors can be opened so that you can climb out of the thing. We recently had the opportunity to do just that while checking out a demo version of the game at a recent Midway event in Los Angeles.

So that's who was inside the Interceptor all these years.

The Spy Hunter: Nowhere to Run demo at Midway's event included a handful of levels from early on in the game that afforded us an opportunity not only to put the Interceptor's various forms to good use, but also to pursue bad guys on foot--The Rock style. That's right, folks. In case you haven't heard, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is now the face of spy hunter Alex Decker, not only in the PlayStation 2 and Xbox versions of Spy Hunter: Nowhere to Run, but also in the movie of the same name, which is expected to hit theaters sometime in 2007. Johnson is known to enjoy video games, and he's certainly no stranger to lending his likeness and voice talent to them. He appears to have taken things one step further in Spy Hunter: Nowhere to Run, though, and our time with the game left us wondering if we were playing as The Rock rather than as a character portrayed by him.

After racing through a brief driving level that tasked us with destroying armored vehicles on the streets of Paris, we climbed out of the Interceptor for the first time and put The Rock through his paces as he came under fire from a helicopter circling above. The on-foot controls in Spy Hunter: Nowhere to Run are standard third-person fare, with the left analog stick being used for movement while the right stick is used to look around and aim weapons. The requisite forward rolls, crouching, and ability to lean against walls are all present, as are a number of melee attacks--many of which wouldn't look out of place in a wrestling game. There's nothing wrong with a government agent throwing punches and sneaking in the occasional head-butt, of course, but learning that Alex Decker likes to incapacitate enemies using gorilla press slams, spinning back fists, and other moves that have likely been given names by the WWE at some point definitely came as a surprise.

Ranged weapons aren't nearly as effective as The Rock.

When playing as The Rock, we attempted to spend most of our time using ranged weapons, but they were actually less effective against many of the enemies than the aforementioned punches, head-butts, and wrestling moves. The enemies' artificial intelligence was definitely lacking in the work-in-progress version of Spy Hunter: Nowhere to Run that we were playing, but it was still quite satisfying to take out an enemy in a high window while leaning around a wall on the ground, or to corner an enemy before tossing him a grenade. The camera zooms in to give you a Resident Evil 4-style over-the-shoulder camera perspective when using ranged weapons but keeps its distance from the action the rest of the time.

One of the most memorable levels that we played on foot during our time with Spy Hunter: Nowhere to Run tasked us with finding the controls to open a dam close to where we'd moored the Interceptor moments earlier so that we could proceed to the next boat sequence. After flicking the switch, we took the controls of a stationary gun turret and used it to protect Decker's friend Karin, who was running across the top of the dam and coming under fire from helicopters. The explosions that you'll see when taking down enemy vehicles at any point in the game can be pretty spectacular, and the Burnout-style cameras and slow-motion effects that interrupt the gameplay occasionally to show them off can make them even more satisfying. Objects that you can interact with in the game, such as the gun turret, are highlighted with blue "sparkles" that make them a lot harder to miss than they might be otherwise. Other examples that we encountered ran the gamut from door handles and the dock where we moored the Interceptor, to bookcases that could be pushed onto enemies and a table leg that could be shot so that a couple of explosive barrels would roll down a slope into an area where there were numerous enemies.

The Interceptor boasts both ranged and melee weapons.

In a way, Spy Hunter: Nowhere to Run's melee combat isn't limited to the levels where you're on foot, because the Interceptor comes with chariot-style wheel spikes that can be used to mess up any enemy vehicles that get too close. Like the spikes on the wheels of the enemies in the original Spy Hunter, yours aren't permanently in the offensive position, but unlike those in the 1983 game, they also don't appear to be effective when they are.

The other armaments on your Interceptor will include a front-firing machine gun, a missile launcher, and a new salvo weapon that lets you target multiple enemies simultaneously. The salvo weapon is unusual in that using it slows the gameplay down for a few seconds so that you can attempt to target as many enemies as possible before it's fired. The mechanic works pretty well and would perhaps best be described as bullet time for vehicles.

Oh, every week there's a canal.

Before our time with Spy Hunter: Nowhere to Run came to an end, we were able to take a quick look at one of the sequences in the game that has you riding the Interceptor's motorcycle form. The motorcycle isn't nearly as well armed as the car, and it has significantly less armor, so success looks to mostly depend on your ability to avoid enemy attacks and obstacles. The level that we played, for example, took place inside a lengthy tunnel where enemies had set up traps in the form of blue and red lasers. The blue lasers could be avoided simply by steering left and right, but the only way past the red ones was to slide the bike down onto the floor, which would have made a real mess of the paint job, but it looked really neat all the same.

Given that approximately 50 percent of your time playing Spy Hunter: Nowhere to Run will be spent on foot, it's conceivable that your enjoyment of the game will be influenced by your feelings toward the game's leading man. Regardless of The Rock, Spy Hunter: Nowhere to Run is a promising action game that looks certain to improve upon its lackluster predecessor, and we look forward to bringing you more information on the game as soon as it becomes available.

\

---------------

Looking good. Get your trailers -

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/driving/spyhunter3/media.html

or gametrailers.com

Params7, give us some impressions of Black. How is it? Many people seem to like it even though most gaming sites have been bashing the game.

^Tell me have you played the game? Or coming back after reading the review at gamespot? Which is just so rediculous, which i'll discuss later. If you want a review go read those of IGN's or gamepro or gamespy(and gamepsy likes to criticize games a lot, specially consoles) The game more or less equals Half-Life 2 (and i've played Hf2), and is perhaps the best title to bring in 'Hollywood' type effects to gaming, in fact, its just like going through a movie. Its anything but 'mediocre' and sure doesn't deserve your random disses.

I'll be writing a review or a summary here by tomorrow.

I've played it. It's nowhere even CLOSE to HL2.
The game indeed feels like a movie in it's nice execution, but other than that it's nothing but overhyped.

I've never given a damn about professional reviews and I've always let that be known.
But I find it funny how you switch between swearing by them and finding them 'ridiculous' as it suits the situation.

Black wasn't the 'Halo-killer' (doesn't take much) it was hyped up to be, live with it.

btw as far as game review sites are concerned Gamespot is the most credible now that Avault isn't what it used to be.
It's a known fact that IGN gives rave reviews 80% of the times. They gave even Doom3 a 9 rating, lol...

My little summary on Black, short and simple -

Finished it today, and i can safely say its pretty much the favourite FPS ps2 has. I won't say 'good' enough to be the best, it was better than Killzone imo. Where Killzone was slow and ruggish, Black was all out action throughout - That's why Gamespot gave it 7 saying it became repetitive. Also it lacked blood. Some would prefer Killzone because of many other area this game fails to thrive in....

Only if the developers would've initiated some sort strategy in it, i can pretty much bet anything it wouldn't have scores less than 9. Because that's how great the game is the 'repetitive' point ignored. The storyline and overall presentation looks like has been developed from Hollywood. Graphics have again pushed Ps2 further, its the best i've ever seen. Yes even better than Re4 or GoW. Those who have it can play the 3rd level in the game to find out what i'm saying right now.

A.I - is crappy. I'll be honest here. I just sniped this person out (snipers - they produce bangs loud enough to launch birdies nesting in a tree half a mile away out) and this guard watching over like roughly 20-50 metres away was standing like all is well and under control (and i sniped him out too :p )

Choice of Weapons is simple. There are only some 5-8 weapons, some of them have an add-on silencer which can be found in some levels. Pretty cool.

Basically overall the game is shoot, hide, shoot, kill, run, hide, shoot. There's hardly any strategy involved, the levels are just ''TOO" linear and straighforward that a 7 yr old with good practice of shooting can clear it. What really made the game good was the effects along with its bgm + storyline.

Sure as hell, the game 'Cannot Be Missed' by anyone out there who owns a ps2 and loves violence, a lot of it.

Bluffmaster where are you ? Why have you stopped posting in this thread ? There are so many new Released games like black,godfather,etc. Where are the reviews ?

Just leave it deadman ! There is absolutely no need to post in this thread. As you may have seen by now, these TE members will not appreciate us for our work so there is no need to waste our time on this shit ! Whats the use of posting if u get fu**ing 0 responses ? I mean why should i even bother to post here ! I have much more interesting things to do then to post things that i already know ! Thats the reason i fu**ing stopped posting in this thread. If i would have got some gud responses , i bet this thread wud have been one of the best on TE.But anyways its there badluck !

Back