UNOFFICIAL IRC Chat Channel - Techenclave

Finally! an unofficial IRC Chat Channel for members of Techenclave to hang out. With good participation, I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun. Being able to chat with fellow members, play multiplayer games with each other, post interesting links, screenshots, things that normally wouldn't deserve a thread on TE! It's a completely different experience!

It takes like 2 mins to get on IRC and it's not at all complicated. These steps should help you join the channel!
Download and install mIRC.
  • If you use Opera, copy irc://irc.freenode.net/chatenclave, click on START->RUN, paste it there and click OK

If that didn't work, run mIRC and follow these steps
  • Click on Tools > Options
  • Enter your full name, nickname and email address
  • Under Connect > Servers, select Freenode: Random server
  • Click on Connect To Server
  • Once connected to Freenode, join the channel - #chatenclave or type /join #chatenclave in the server window

Oh and here are some free clients you can use - HydraIRC and Xchat.

Server details are as follows
  • Server Address: irc.freenode.net
  • IRC Channel: #chatenclave

Before you connect, here are a couple of things to keep in mind so you don't lose interest or forget about it.

• If you have a 24/7 connection and keep your machine on all the time - set your IRC client to minimize to system tray and idle on the channel even if it's just you alone!
  • Set alerts for your IRC client so you know when people join or talk
  • Set your IRC client to automatically reconnect to the server and also the channel - #chatenclave
  • People aren't always in front of the PC, sleeping, working, busy, connections go down and its a new channel! - so if you don't find anyone online, please stay on the channel!

Join us! There's a lot of fun to be had! :clap: See you there!

If you need any help, I'll be more than happy to - PM me! :)

good job man, too tired to loginto mirc rite now, will be there tomm

and i guess i can keep my PC on atleast at nights, so lets see where we go

Will be updating the thread soon - will add the mirc quick connect method. Opera works too but will you keep a 30MB RAM consuming app running in ur taskbar or system tray all day? I have a habit of closing browsers when I'm done browsing :p All the dedicated IRC clients are pretty light, IMO they're best if you want to run IRC all day.

Er.. i'm using the irc link given on chatzilla (the one with firefox)

i guess i'm in, but i think no one is there?

Back