UNOFFICIAL IRC Chat Channel - Techenclave

cyberjunkie

Adept
Nov 13, 2005
Finally! an unofficial IRC Chat Channel for members of Techenclave to hang out. With good participation, I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun. Being able to chat with fellow members, play multiplayer games with each other, post interesting links, screenshots, things that normally wouldn't deserve a thread on TE! It's a completely different experience!

It takes like 2 mins to get on IRC and it's not at all complicated. These steps should help you join the channel!
Download and install mIRC.
  • If you use Opera, copy irc://irc.freenode.net/chatenclave, click on START->RUN, paste it there and click OK

If that didn't work, run mIRC and follow these steps
  • Click on Tools > Options
  • Enter your full name, nickname and email address
  • Under Connect > Servers, select Freenode: Random server
  • Click on Connect To Server
  • Once connected to Freenode, join the channel - #chatenclave or type /join #chatenclave in the server window

Oh and here are some free clients you can use - HydraIRC and Xchat.

Server details are as follows
  • Server Address: irc.freenode.net
  • IRC Channel: #chatenclave

Before you connect, here are a couple of things to keep in mind so you don't lose interest or forget about it.

• If you have a 24/7 connection and keep your machine on all the time - set your IRC client to minimize to system tray and idle on the channel even if it's just you alone!
  • Set alerts for your IRC client so you know when people join or talk
  • Set your IRC client to automatically reconnect to the server and also the channel - #chatenclave
  • People aren't always in front of the PC, sleeping, working, busy, connections go down and its a new channel! - so if you don't find anyone online, please stay on the channel!

Join us! There's a lot of fun to be had! :clap: See you there!

If you need any help, I'll be more than happy to - PM me! :)

Deepak

Skilled
Oct 10, 2005
good job man, too tired to loginto mirc rite now, will be there tomm

and i guess i can keep my PC on atleast at nights, so lets see where we go

nukeu666

Skilled
Dec 19, 2006
like most ppl, i wont be able to login during the day while im in office

does anyone know a web irc interface?

cyberjunkie

Adept
Nov 13, 2005
Will be updating the thread soon - will add the mirc quick connect method. Opera works too but will you keep a 30MB RAM consuming app running in ur taskbar or system tray all day? I have a habit of closing browsers when I'm done browsing :p All the dedicated IRC clients are pretty light, IMO they're best if you want to run IRC all day.