Storage Solutions Western Digital Issues, RMA problems, Service deficiency Thread.

^ when did you send it? I registered the RMA on 19th Aug but was unable to reach them on the phone. I sent an email and immediately two couriers came to pick up and my drive wasn't even packed. Finally it was packed and picked up on Aug 21st. It was entered into their system only on Aug 28th and they shipped out the replacement on Sept 6th to reacch me on Sept 7th.
I am quite satisfied as I got a new, better drive in a reasonable time.
I am certainly not happy about their communication and status database. So m-jeri, there is hope. Even when they told me 2-3 days the drive had already been shipped. :)

Got mine delivered today afternoon :D ... It's a brand new AAKS drive, haven't tried it out yet, hopefully it won't cause any more trouble :)

Same here, my drive was picked up for RMA on 26h August, yesterday received and brand new 500gb blue AAKS drive, sealed packed, when i opened and checked the manufacturing date shows as 2nd August 2010, i don't think it can get better than this, as my older drive was a 2008 old model, i am happy with WD and their service.

Emil said:
BTW my original hdd was WD5000AACS while the new one is WD5000AADS. Could someone quickly tell me the difference?
OK I figured that one out. My original drive had 16 MB buffer and this one is 32 MB.

^ on the site, there is 16, 32 and 64 listed for both. But no difference is visible in specs. Also there are the green and blue colors too of these drives. greens are 5400 rpm while blue are 7200 rpm i think.

lets see.... they said ill get it by tuesday... last friday was holiday.. only expecting it by wednesday...

I am waiting for the new drive since 30th June.

I e-mailed them about 100 times but all they say that "We are tracking the drive. Give us few days." blah blah

Never buy their crappy 500gb green edition.

FU WD India FU

Got my 500GB AAKS blue from RMA yesterday . Took approx 1 month . The strange part is that till now on their online Rma update page shows that they haven't got my HDD . :)

online portal most of the times is very late in updating or does not get updated, for me the online portal got updated when they shipped me a replacement drive.

****ing assholes at WD.

I am not unreasonable.. i am not impatient.. i try to be accommodating as much as possible in my life. But when jerks try to push.. i just rip their heads off... i do.. and thats what i want to do to WD India.

Its been over a month.. last monday when i called, a guy said the stock is here. (second time i heard this..before it was no stock) and the HDD will be send on Tuesday 100%. his guarantee. And yea nothing yet and so i called them now.

After 15 mts on usual queue i was connected to a guy.. who said will put me hold to check my details... that took another 10 mts..

and he said to me it will take more time.. thats all.. it will take 2 or 3 days more.. no reason.. just liek that..

I ****ing yelled at him.. thank god i was in the conference room. its insulated. i didnt abuse or anything. but was angry. people are treating customers like shit. i said the 1 month ordeal and everything. he began apologizing and said the same 2 or 3 days.

I asked him "do u understand the things i say? do u understand the delay?. or are u just programmed to say whatever told to you?".

He again apologized and put me on hold..after 5 minutes. he said sorry again..but it will take 3 or 4 days. i yelled some more.. i asked how can u say days without a reason.. he said no stock..

I told him the no stock to in stock story... then he said sorry again and told 3 or 4 days. wth?

I said to him, I will never buy a WD product or recommend it to anyone. this comes from a guy who owns 5 WD HDD's.

and just cut the line.

Pathetic. ****ing pathetic.

This has been getting really bad, I always thought WD was better then Seagate, I guess I will need to go the Seagate 1.5tb now...

Aces170 said:
This has been getting really bad, I always thought WD was better then Seagate, I guess I will need to go the Seagate 1.5tb now...
Getting a Seagate makes much more sense now. Which is what I did last week. Got myself 2 Seagate drives. 4~6 months back, i would have vouched for WD. Never again until WD manages to revert back to their previous customer care handling. The Seagate drive turned about to be cheaper by 1k so that saved me 2k. I might just buy another Seagate drive in a week or so.

When I spoke to Rishi yesterday, he was of the opinion that WD has been taking a month to two to get drives replaced. I have no complaints now - I am patiently waiting until my replacement drive 5000BEVT would turn up.

So in case, Sahil you are planning for a drive, getting a Seagate makes sense now.

Had given my 2TG for RMA on 19th August. Still haven't got any reply. Lost my hope on this hopeless product. Seagate replaced my 500GB within a week. Will never ever buy this ***t!

I am going to mention this thread in the next reply to them.

Subject
Western Digital RMA Confirmation for #82112803
Discussion Thread

Customer (NAVIN MHATRE) 08/25/2010 12:13 AM
>
> My HDD for the concerned RMA is yet to be picked up by courier.
>
Toll Free line is busy all the time to schedule pickup. But generally the
courier company calls me to schedule pickup.
Kindly look into the matter.

Response (Shah) 08/25/2010 11:54 PM
Dear Customer

Thank you for contacting Western Digital

Request forwarded to concern department, pick up will be done within next 24 hours.

Regards,
Western Digital Support Team

Customer (NAVIN MHATRE) 08/29/2010 10:12 PM
>
> I am yet to receive a call from courier agents about the pickup.
>
When will my hdd be picked up?
>
>

Response (Shah) 08/29/2010 10:55 PM
Dear Customer

Request forwarded to concern department, pick up will be done within next 24 hours.

Regards,

Customer (NAVIN MHATRE) 09/03/2010 04:28 AM
>
> My drive has not been picked up yet.
>
>
>

Response (Shah) 09/03/2010 05:07 AM
Dear Customer

We really do apologize for inconvenience cause to you. Pick up will be done tomorrow.

Regards,

Customer (NAVIN MHATRE) 09/06/2010 05:13 AM
>
> The concerned RMA Request had been created on 19th August as per mail
> transactions, my drive is still awaiting pickup from WD's pickup agencies.
> Please look into the matter.
>
>

Response (Shah) 09/06/2010 11:16 PM
Dear Customer

Regards,

Customer (NAVIN MHATRE) 09/20/2010 06:59 AM
>
> This is totally unacceptable at a customer's end and unprofessional from
> WDC's front. It has been more that 1 month since the creation of RMA and all
> I ever get is a computer generated assurance about pickup within 24hours.
>

>
>

Response (Shah) 09/21/2010 11:17 PM
Dear Customer

We do apologize for the delay.Request forwarded to concern department.

Regards,

^ send it to them on your own through whichever cheapest means possible. the rma number is valid for a month only. after that you need to generate a new one.

I lol'd at the automatic replies.

I generated a RMA for my WD 6400AAKS on 1st Sept. The drive was picked up by Aramex on the 9th and I got the replacement today ie 24th Sept.

But the problem is that my replacement HDD has the label 'Recertified' on it. The manufacturing date is 18th July 2010 and it has a 'R' printed near it. I guess it stands for recertified.

My original hdd had warranty till 16-7-2014 while the one that I received today has warranty only till 24-8-2013. Have I been screwed by WD? Can I demand a brand new hdd with warranty eligible till the original date?

I still havent opened the recertified drive so I dont know whether it works or not.

^ mail them and ask the drives warranty to be extended to the previous drives warranty date. you can sell off the drive if you wish at market rates.

Back