Storage Solutions Western Digital Issues, RMA problems, Service deficiency Thread.

wOOt! The RMA status for my drive says, it is shipped. :D

But they haven't provided any docket number of the courier they have sent it through. Carrier says, '000001_HAND CARRY_A_HAND CARRY'. :|

^Haha not yet. I am waiting patiently since a month. Well, almost 2 by now. :p

Their customer service sure has taken a turn. For the worse.

Yay got my replacement today! :D

The drive was sent through Aramex. Wonder why they did not provide the docket number though.

It is a recertified drive though. The warranty still holds good until Jan 2015. That's enough. But seriously, these guys should have sent me a new drive instead of a refurb.

See the funny thing from WD, I have received a replacement drive after 2 months for my external 500GB drive, I received this drive around 30 Aug, while checking I found that its out of region drive and warranty cannot be claimed in India, immediately I mailed them about the issue and next day I received a reply saying that its updated and I can claim the warranty in India now and after checking the website it showed the warranty has been upto 31st August 2013 instead 18 April 2013, I felt very happy after seeing this, but few days back when I checked again warranty is showing as 28 Jan 2011, so stunned and sent a mail about this to WD, see the reply what I got

"Thank you for contacting Western Digital.

Please send the scanned copy of the invoice to process the case.

We thank you again for all your trust."

From where can I get the invoice copy for replacement drive. Today I tried to call WD and no response and waiting for long time. Never ever go for WD in future.

I am sick of these guys...

they have send a parcel a week ago.. which doesnt exist. :S.

Tired of calling these guys.. :(

Srini said:
See the funny thing from WD, I have received a replacement drive after 2 months for my external 500GB drive, I received this drive around 30 Aug, while checking I found that its out of region drive and warranty cannot be claimed in India, immediately I mailed them about the issue and next day I received a reply saying that its updated and I can claim the warranty in India now and after checking the website it showed the warranty has been upto 31st August 2013 instead 18 April 2013, I felt very happy after seeing this, but few days back when I checked again warranty is showing as 28 Jan 2011, so stunned and sent a mail about this to WD, see the reply what I got

"Thank you for contacting Western Digital.

Please send the scanned copy of the invoice to process the case.

We thank you again for all your trust."

From where can I get the invoice copy for replacement drive. Today I tried to call WD and no response and waiting for long time. Never ever go for WD in future.

You send the scanned copy of your original purchase bill. Just mention in the covering email that the original serial number of the drive was this but after RMA you have received this new number drive

Nothing to despair. All the records are available with WD. Just linking the 2 disks is required.

shravank30 said:
You send the scanned copy of your original purchase bill. Just mention in the covering email that the original serial number of the drive was this but after RMA you have received this new number drive

Nothing to despair. All the records are available with WD. Just linking the 2 disks is required.
I have done the same thing and its updated now. Question is when they have replaced the drive warranty should be automatically updated, instead they are asking for purchase details, what will happen if I miss invoice, normally for HDD no invoice is required warranty will be based on serial number, people will be careless in this case and it will become headache when these kind of problems hapenned.

My last WD Green (EARS) went puff 2 days back. I am not touching their drives from this point on. This is 6th Green that went bad on me. Took almost 150GB of data with it this time including some important review screenshots :mad:

RMA pickup was scheduled for yesterday, still no one has come :mad: :mad: :mad:

Guys its quite clear now...
DONT BUY WD.. IT SCREWS UP REALLY FAST, THE SCREWUP IS ALWAYS UR FAULT AND 'BEEP' URSELF FOR SCREWING IT UP
This is what WD time and again tells u
Thats why dont buy WD "Worst Disk" drives:eek:hyeah:

^^ actually problem is with their EARS Green mostly.

And some of us bought those in bulk when they came out and now suffering because of it.

Otherwise, there are very few issues associated with their Black, blue and RE3 drives.

The other problem is that they are now giving out refurbished drives as replacement which is real kick in the nuts of a customer who is made to wait for 1-2 months at a time.

Back