Storage Solutions Western Digital Issues, RMA problems, Service deficiency Thread.

My drive has reached them on 19th. They still havent updated the RMA status. Its like banging the head on a stone wall. And its not like the link to this thread hasnt been passed onto the senior people incharge at WD Direct. It was done long time back and they have been reminded by me and couple of others over time as well. Still no improvement or solution to crappy RMA support. :mad:

A query...

Should i prefer the dealer (nehru place, new delhi) from where i bought my WD 500 GB for RMA or keep trying the phone numbers ??

Tried almost 50 times and still couldnt able to speak to anyone. Is there any specific procedure for WD RMA's ??

I'm scared after reading all these issues......and will never recommend WD to anyone, not even in dreams... :D

Dont worry guys...WD guys are listening, they have rectified the problem now after listening to your issues. Now, you cant even get thru the IVR helpline. Forget getting busy tone. Na rahega bans, na bajegi basuri. How will you complain of bad service if you cant even get thru them???? Its a joke how they get along with this atrocious service levels. And editors of Tech forums, sites and mags dont want to go against them, since they have good ad spends.

they finally sent me new drive and received the same a few days ago.

they have sent enterprice class RE3 drive. WD RE3 750 GB SATA Hard Drives ( WD7502ABYS )

seems very good on paper but have to actually open and see how it performs..

not opened yet as im thinking of selling it but will wait a lil as i am also planning an htpc rig.

but all about that in another thread :)

dude i brought a caviar black from smc in delhi(i live in hyderabad). DOA . even if i send it back and he gets its rmaed and then i get it back it will still take about 10 days minimum. and further who knows if it will conk off on the return journey... i learnt my lesson..

ALL HDD MUST BUY FROM LOCAL DEALER!!! only hdd's;)

My 2 tb external HDD has still not arrived after 2.5 months. WD told me that they had shipped the drive on 12 Nov 2010. Its 2 Dec now. Their customer support is pathetic. RMA no. is 82201694. What shoulf I do, please help.

Positive experience from WD.

If you guys remember , i had purchased a WDT TV live player using ICC, i got the drive last week, unfortunately the HDMI did not work. I mailed to the RMA dept with my query, ( i checked warranty., it showed as out of region). They asked the details of purchase etc., within 2 days, the changed the region from USA ( place of purchase) to India. Now i can send my unit fro RMA.

Yeaaa WD \:d/

i have just had it with western digital.

I had a firewire 500gb for less than a year and it crashed three times destroying all my data. Thus requested to a replacement. I stay relatively nearer to the service center in delhi thus delivered the faulty hdd by hand after generating the RMA on 29th Sept 2010.

After that it took them 1 month to acknowledge that they have recieved the hdd. I used to call them twice or thrice a week and all answer i got was "please wait for 3 days and you will receive the replacement hdd." Not surprisingly that day never came. Then after giving them some piece of my mind and speaking to one senior i am informed that i will receive an upgrade to 640gb firewire hdd and gave me a serial no.

After 3 months and endless torture from wd call center people i decided to pay personal visit to the service center where i am being told that they have no intimation of information about the replacement product. Also i was told that as my case has become "too old" it will take some time for them to dig -in and find the required product and i should wait for another 3 days for the product to arrive.

Well that never happened. Thus i wrote a mail and this time reply comes with request for my personal no.

I receive a phone call from noida call center after 2 days.

This time i am offered a 1TB hdd in lieu of original product. This i chose not to accept as i needed a faster port (firewire or usb 3.0). I was told to wait for 1 week for update on the issue. I mail again after 10 days telling them the discussion i had and also that i did not want a usb 2.0 hdd. Next day i am informed that in 2 days i will receive the replacement hdd.

After 2 days i received the 1tb microusb hdd which i had refused to accept. This hdd is going to be obsolete in few months time. It has ratings of 0 and 1 star. Cost wise it is almost 2/3rd to my old hdd.

I really really want to drag these morons to the court.

1) they do not inform about the receipt of the hdd.

2) they gave me completely wrong information about the whole issue.

3) they harassed me for more than 4 months lying that i will receive it in "next 3 days"

4) they replace a hdd which i refused to accept and in no way according to specifications which i wanted or i had.

Please tell me if some one had any experience of such kind (more so if some experience of filing a case against them.)

Filed for an RMA last week, 2 HDDs, both 1.5TB. One was the backup drive of the other :mad:

Asked for a pickup, the idiots haven't sent anyone for 13 days now. What should I do?

I had filed for two RMAs in the last month: a 250GB Internal HDD and a 160GB Portable HDD...

They did not sent anyone to pick up the broken HDDs, but did sent me new replacements of both the drives :)

I got a 320 Internal HDD in lieu for the 250GB... and a brand new spanking 500GB portable HDD in lieu for the 160GB !!

^Neville, if they don't pick up the older drives, the warranties will be null and void. Be careful.

How soon did they send the replacements anyway?

My experience with WD.

-12th Dec - Ask for pickup for faulty 5000AADS ( wd green 500gb )

-17th Dec - After many emails/phone calls, Pick up arrives

-07th Jan - email and ask them whats with the delay, Get a call explaining that the defective drive had reached on the 20th of Dec, but as there was no stock, nothing had been dispatched and for the same reason, I was not updated of the same. Further to this, CC rep (Mr Aariz) promised to send a 10EARS ( Wd green 1Tb) as compensation for delay etc. said would share docket details on the same day.

-11 Jan - After repeated emails, get an update with tracking number

-12 Jan - After asking repeatedly, they tell me that the same drive 5000ADS was shipped out.

-13 Jan - After emailing them asking why 5000ADS was sent, Get a phone call from Mr Vijay, stating that since the RMA was sent via priority on the 7th, they got a 5000ADS in stock and dispatched it. and now that the drive has been dispatched, they can't send the 1Tb.

-14 Jan - Emailed asking why drive dispatched on the 10th hasn't reached me yet. Get a replay stating 5000ADS has been dispatched today (14/01/11)

I am really reaching the end of my patience. Would anyone know of the email/Ph of any superior in WD? I would really like to talk to someone.

-Ashwin

@ spy king : dont worry as the take near 22 to 34 days to ship it to your place ;) my self had to wait for 22 days :) and dont panic just dont give attenion to their delay , as new year as started they must be busy or leasy :p .....

but the way did u got any message about receiving the rma hdd on dock or come thing from the courier guys. if so then within 4 to 5 days u will have it :)

hope this may have help u :)

Do you guys wanna know what happened with me.... Its the exact opposite of this thread....

I thought I had a bad HDD (WD Green). So i filled out the RMA form and what not. Later, I found out I had a faulty cable and HDD was good. By this time I had alreadyu bought a Hitachi 1TB HDD. Now, last week, someone from WD called me and I told her that my HDD is good and they can close the case. Today I received a brand new WD Green HDD. I still have the old one. I dunno what to do with it, though....

Yeah, but I will probably wait for a month or two just to see if they contact me back for a HDD. Till then, I will keep it as it is...

Back