Storage Solutions Western Digital Issues, RMA problems, Service deficiency Thread.

TechHead said:
^Neville, if they don't pick up the older drives, the warranties will be null and void. Be careful.

How soon did they send the replacements anyway?

no probs... as it is there's just 3-4 months warranty left :p

the replace for the passport was quick... less than 10 days i think

btw.. i don't require portable storage... how much should i expect RMA'ed new 500gb WD passport if i sell it on TE??

evn i have a broken wd hdd .... 320gb, is a bill needed for replacement ?? soryy... my frnd got his wd HDD replaced without a bill, so i asked ??

anyways, reading all this , makes me feel , sticking to seagate is a better idea... i had read abt WD caviar green series going kaput more than normal ....... :/

well as it would seem, the waiting game is over for me! :D

I received two drives as promised by the WD CC reps finally! 1 5000AADS and 1 10EARS for my 5000AADS that I sent to replacement on the 12th of December!

Now only to get the warranty bit for both the drives to get sorted out. One shows 4 months of warranty, while the 1Tb drive shows "Out of region"

I registered an RMA on 11 Jan, I got many calls from the pickup guy asking me to handover the HDD to him at some place like ITO, CP etc. All these places were 10+ km from my house. I finally dispatched the drive on 24th Jan when ever after repeated calls no-one came to pick it up. The courier guy confirmed me that the drive was delivered the same day. When even after 5 days online status didn't update, I called them to ask about my drive, they ensured me that the drive has reached them and they will ship it soon.

Just hoping that the drive reaches me by the end of this month.. :)

My seagate HDD giving error, thought of buying WD but after reading this thread... Not sure which way to go? all HDDs are falling like dead mosquitoes :(

Does any one have the toll free number for WD ? I have created a RMA, 25 days back, and they havent picked it yet. The numbers 1800 11 9393 and 1800 200 5789 do not work at all.

HELL of a RMA service of WD.

My RMA no is 82470063
RMA Date 27-Jan-2011
RMA Type Standard RMA
Capacity : 320GB

HDD was picked on 17/2/2011, now website is updated but RMA is yet to shipped,

most PROBABLY WD COULD not arranged for a same capacity or more, even after more than 1 month.

IS IT BELIEVABLE????????????????????????? WHY SELL SUCH HDD u CANNOT REPLACE even after lodging RMA and waiting for more than 1 month
In our country,

WD certainly will fail (100% guarented), will get a brand new, which also will definately fail after some time)

and

Seagate not so definitely, but will fail fifty-fifty chance, but will be harrased a lot if to be replaced.. hell of a RMA procedure)

HDD Model : WD Scorpio Black 320 GB (WD3200BEKT-00A25T0)

RMA Number : 82483987

RMA Date : 2-Feb-2011

RMA Status : Still waiting for drive to be picked up after nearly a month! :mad:

CC phone line is virtually impossible to get through.

CC e-mail returns the usual diplomatic 'sorry for the trouble blah blah, notified concerned department blah blah'.

Why are these jackasses still selling their drives?

I had RMAed my WD Passport 500 gb , i contacted them after 10 days they said product has been shipped waited for the product did not arrive , called them back they said product is out of stock so they did not ship :mad: , i fired at them their reply was sorry for the incovenience sir over and over again, a passport elite is given to me of 500 gb , pretty impressed by its sleek luks::) , plug it in gets detected when i start transferring a 1 gb file transfer speed starts at 100 mbps :O , then gets hung files not transferred return dat 2 for rma , get it back after 1 mnth same product done sm refurbishing to it :mad: ( cld make out frm d scratch it had wen i had recieved 1st RMA) , now it copies evrything but for last 5 percent of data transfer it takes 2 mins to conclude :mad:

Crazy_Eddy said:
HDD Model : WD Scorpio Black 320 GB (WD3200BEKT-00A25T0)

RMA Number : 82483987

RMA Date : 2-Feb-2011

RMA Status : Still waiting for drive to be picked up after nearly a month! :mad:

CC phone line is virtually impossible to get through.

CC e-mail returns the usual diplomatic 'sorry for the trouble blah blah, notified concerned department blah blah'.

Why are these jackasses still selling their drives?
Send it to them directly.... :S

save that much time.

m-jeri said:
Send it to them directly.... :S

save that much time.
Yep I should've thought of that earlier, but I've left home.

Plus I'm a bit worried that now since I've asked for a pickup they might not know what the drive is doing there if I send it in before.

People are lot better just giving the hard drive to service centres/dealers for RMA rather than arranging a pick up. One is saving frustration and waste of time by doing so.

The Sorcerer said:
People are lot better just giving the hard drive to service centres/dealers for RMA rather than arranging a pick up. One is saving frustration and waste of time by doing so.
How about asking WD to have a representative registered in the forums just like Coolermaster? The least they could do other than responding to technical queries is to save the frustration of the members by aiding them in resolving RMA issues.

lostpass said:
hell of a rma service of wd.

My rma no is 82470063
rma date 27-jan-2011
rma type standard rma
capacity : 320gb

hdd was picked on 17/2/2011, now website is updated but rma is yet to shipped,

most probably wd could not arranged for a same capacity or more, even after more than 1 month.

Is it believable????????????????????????? Why sell such hdd u cannot replace even after lodging rma and waiting for more than 1 month
in our country,

wd certainly will fail (100% guarented), will get a brand new, which also will definately fail after some time)

and

seagate not so definitely, but will fail fifty-fifty chance, but will be harrased a lot if to be replaced.. Hell of a rma procedure)
still waiting for their shipping..................................

Back