Storage Solutions Western Digital Issues, RMA problems, Service deficiency Thread.

So my MyBook 1 TB is back. and the serial number warranty check showing out of regiion. Someone said it will take 1 week to update.

In my mail i was supposed to get a 2 TB.. :( ... was a false commitment.. no surprises there. so.. there..

DIE WD.. DIE.

I assume there was no stock of WD drives in last 1-2 months and they must have sourced it from some other region/country and hence out of region warranty problem.Hopefully they will update the warranties soon.

Also if this is the way these guys continue we should all boycott WD drives and even write about this situation to WD-US maybe.

My 1TB WD my book edition is dead .HDD is not spinning what so ever ,got bloddy pissed and removed the HDD from casing and tried connecting thru vantec dock still no go .3 Years collection of data :cry: .No way i am getting WD again not going to RMA it as well :mad:

The RMA services - RTE Outsourcing is very bad here.

I had purchased a 1.5 TB WD15EARS drive on 23rd April - This drive came with 5 yr warranty - S no.WMAVU2992653. I had problems with the drive right from the day it landed. I sent it for RMA (RMA number 81941966)in May, i got the replacement drive after 35 days. The replaced drive S No.WD-WMAVU3240905 - Same model. BUT THE SHOCKING PART -

WMAVU3240905 WD15EARS-00Z5B1 In Limited Warranty 10/17/2010†

i have lost the warranty on it. Am I not supposed to get full 5 yr warranty on the replaced drive ? I have mailed to them, i have spoken to the vendor from whom i purchased the drive - (DVDSTORE, - Sushil Kapoor. He has promised to help me but i dont see any thing happening )so I have submitted proof of purchase , and yet no one is willing to respond to my queries. There is one Mr.Ravi in RTE outsourcing , who I thought was a responsible person, he spoke to me only once and promised to do the needful. Now he does not come on the phone to talk to me.

I sent email to wdc india too, they too promised to look into the matter.

I simply do not know whom to approach . Maybe the consumer court ?

****ed up ass holes they are.

Their promises really mean shit mate.. Just be happy with what u get.. keep ur expectations low. :S..

^ woah! still didn't get your drive? that's quite sad.

@chetansha, did you try online on wd support to get the drive warranty changed to that of original drive date? there's a link on the site. it takes quite a lot of time (around 2 months) but if people here do not take action on it, it gets escalated to wd support in some other country and they increase the warranty date.

I have sent the the scanned copy of the Bill., they sent it to WD Singapore and they revert to me saying the disk replaced is in 3 yr warranty only. But the original drive i got from sushil kapoor dvdstore 0 was 5 yr warranty

Hi,

While checking warranty take your mouse on Exp Date and you'd see Pop up saying this as pasted below :

By default, the warranty date is calculated from the manufacture date. However, if you have proof of purchase, we can update the warranty to calculate it from the purchase date. If you feel that the warranty date needs to be updated from the purchase date, please follow the instructions below.

1. Send us an email from this link:
Ask WD a Question

2. Put in "Update warranty" in the subject line.

3. Attach a picture or a scanned copy of your purchase receipt (jpg, jpeg, or gif formats only, max 500KB)

4. Send the email.

Once we receive the email, we will verify the information and update the warranty accordingly. You will receive a response from us about the status of your email.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Please send me a Scanned copy of your Proof of Purchase and we shall issue you another one with serial number mentioned and duly stamped and submit same to WDC as per instructions and your Warranty status shall be updated. Contact me via sales@theitbazaar.com or my cellphone for any further support

Sunish
chetansha said:
The RMA services - RTE Outsourcing is very bad here.

I had purchased a 1.5 TB WD15EARS drive on 23rd April - This drive came with 5 yr warranty - S no.WMAVU2992653. I had problems with the drive right from the day it landed. I sent it for RMA (RMA number 81941966)in May, i got the replacement drive after 35 days. The replaced drive S No.WD-WMAVU3240905 - Same model. BUT THE SHOCKING PART -

WMAVU3240905 WD15EARS-00Z5B1 In Limited Warranty 10/17/2010†

i have lost the warranty on it. Am I not supposed to get full 5 yr warranty on the replaced drive ? I have mailed to them, i have spoken to the vendor from whom i purchased the drive - (DVDSTORE, - Sushil Kapoor. He has promised to help me but i dont see any thing happening )so I have submitted proof of purchase , and yet no one is willing to respond to my queries. There is one Mr.Ravi in RTE outsourcing , who I thought was a responsible person, he spoke to me only once and promised to do the needful. Now he does not come on the phone to talk to me.

I sent email to wdc india too, they too promised to look into the matter.

I simply do not know whom to approach . Maybe the consumer court ?

nope.. got what i send...

1 TB Mybook.. got 1 TB MyBook...

although the mail they send... they told me 2tb Mybook me edition. :( ..

lession : next time .. use the local dealer to do wd rma. .. and seagate rma rocks(accel in general actually, had a nice exp regarding belkin hub also).. under a week i got that. :S

adityamunshi said:
^^ Is it possible to forward these issues and complaints to a higher-up official ar WDC India or WDC Intl ?

don't know of this, so cannot comment on it.

chetansha said:
I have sent the the scanned copy of the Bill., they sent it to WD Singapore and they revert to me saying the disk replaced is in 3 yr warranty only. But the original drive i got from sushil kapoor dvdstore 0 was 5 yr warranty

seems they reduced warranty for drives purchased after Aug 1st, 2007 to 3 years. All the green, blue, series fall in this category. So you can't help it i suppose.

But when i purchased the drive from DVDstoredlehi, @ ebay, it was under 5 yr warranty, AND thats not the least, before creating the RMA i did check the warranty status, it clearly showed til April 2015. But unfortunately i did not save a screen shot of that. How was i to guess wd fellows will screw up like this.

By the way, i posted this problem @ wdc forum, they escalated the matter to some on in Delhi, and as of now they have given me warranty till 2013. I am trying to convince them to give me the full warranty.

Update: I just got a mail from wdc community. I had given them the link to this thread :) & Here is the reply

"Really good information. Thanks for giving this to me. I've escalated it along as well, though I don't know what they'll do with it. But I'm sure it will help."

Hope to see things get better at WDC.

AAAAA feels better now..

I thought i was the only one out there facing deficiency Problem :D

just one thing ... how do you get through the phone lines quickly ??

My Hard Drive RMA status Shows Shipped but it has never reached me ...

These people really need to get their act together.

I got my Segate Hard Drive Replaced in 8 days.

Simon

Lucky you .... for me they say they have LOST the Tracking Code .. HOW STUPID can this be...... so will try my luck again 2morrow morning .... not good vibes... my 500gb SEAGATE is already back...

Just called them and they said that courier person in charge for dombivli is not pick hdd...

so they said send us drive with courier tell them that courier charges will paid by us [Western Digital]

Is it safe to send drive like this

Back