Storage Solutions Western Digital RMA information

^ you can do pretty much nothing about dead on arrival.

it so happens most of the time that when you return the dead component to your dealer, the dealers keep those components on the same shelf as they keep working components on.. so unless we track these statistics serial numberwise, we really cant concludes whats wrong.

as for your rma case.

please pm me with your rma details so that i can try my luck with wd support.

i have had good luck and service from wd so far.

i would like to bring one thing to your notice thought....

the wd people have no idea and connection with their support in regards with what is received and what is sent i guess :p

my hdd generally gets picked the next day from date of rma creation.. and status on their site as well as when i call wd remains 'waiting for product' from customer even weeks after i receive a replacement drive from wd.d

but still, pm me your rma details and i will see if i can be of any help.

18 days? Mine is yet to arrive after 1 month and 1 day as of today. 20 odd emails to both parties, 4 phone calls today ( 20 odd in last week as well ) and still no RMAed drive from WD yet.

Looks like this will be my last WD purchase for a while.

Seagate might not have door to door service but the dealers get it replaced within a week at most.

Whats the use of door to door service if its going to take 1+ months. :mad: :mad:

^^ 1 month wow that sucks---One of the reason i stick to a local dealer like Delta is to avoid the trouble like what OP is experiencing.

Looks like I was very lucky, created the RMA on 3rd May and drive was picked up only on 8th by Gati. Got an upgraded replacement delivered on May17th ( Gave 1.5 TB and got a 2 TB drive ) :p Not that bad! :)

As Fah33m suggested in a different thread I had mailed 'wddirect.india@wdc.com' and got a call back the next day itself and item was shipped the same day. :)

Looks like these companies need a wake up call.

How about I create a common thread for all those who are facing or recently faced issues with WD drives and RMA, I will combine their details in one post, sticky it and make sure someone at WD reads it. Maybe have it on our portal as a news to wake up these guys ;)

We can have similar threads for other manufacturers.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

varkey said:
Looks like I was very lucky, created the RMA on 3rd May and drive was picked up only on 8th by Gati. Got an upgraded replacement delivered on May17th ( Gave 1.5 TB and got a 2 TB drive ) :p Not that bad! :)

As Fah33m suggested in a different thread I had mailed 'wddirect.india@wdc.com' and got a call back the next day itself and item was shipped the same day. :)
Already emailed to wddirect.india@wdc.com yet to get a reply.

My town is not under their coverage area and the last time I called them regarding this, I was advised to ship out at my own cost (which is pretty high considering my location). Since Overnite is one of the couriers they use for prepaid pick ups, I send the drive thru them on a to-pay basis using the RMA labels WD generates. I've almost never had a problem. Just got one WD 1TB black on the 16th. Had logged the RMA on the 2nd.

@Shripad, that's a good idea. Maybe one thread for Seagate also?

Just updating the thread as i usually do.

Got a mail on Sunday ???(Did not know Sunday was working day for them) that they have shipped the drive. No tracking number was given and in the place of shipping carrier , it said "000001_HAND CARRY_A_HAND CARRY" . Since i did not expect more from them, i was happy that atleast something was shipped. Go the drive yesterday. It is again a WD EARS series (did not get any upgrade on the drive. it is a 1.5TB drive) Thankfully, it is a new one. connected to system and everything worked fine. So the ordeal ends, but not too happy about the entire episode. Has taken 21 days since the drive was picked and 24 days without a drive. Still, much better than funky's case i guess. 31 days is too much

Finally WD has sent a 1.5TB drive in lieu of a 1.5TB drive - that puts an end to all the speculations that every defective 1.5TB drive gets a 2TB as a replacement.

Glad to know that the drive is working! :)

^ Hehe ya. I was one of those lucky guys who got a 2 TB drive. :p

Good to know that you finally got it. :) Btw they never give the actual tracking number in RMA status, lazy! lol

^TBH I thought I could pick up a 1.5TB and instantly login a complaint the same day and send it back to WD hoping for a 2TB replacement. :ashamed:

Heh as they say, there's no such thing as a free lunch. :p

Shripad said:
Looks like these companies need a wake up call.
How about I create a common thread for all those who are facing or recently faced issues with WD drives and RMA, I will combine their details in one post, sticky it and make sure someone at WD reads it. Maybe have it on our portal as a news to wake up these guys ;)
We can have similar threads for other manufacturers.
Already emailed to wddirect.india@wdc.com yet to get a reply.

Same here. Sent total of 3.5 capacity drives for RMA.Still didnt received ny of them. I also dropped them a mail stating " I dont want the drives back, provide me with cash back."
Called them up today asking for status nd they says Drives already delivered. I also told them that I wont accept the Drives as I want cash-back from their side.
Waiting for some miracle...

I got a 1.5 TB from ebay - dvd store Delhi on 23 rd April, HDD was DOA, created RMA on 27th May , HDD got picked up on 1st June, after many phone, email etc i got back replacement last week - replaced with same 1.5, - The shocking part comes now - original HDD had warranty for 5 years, the replacement HDD shows warranty till 17/10/2010.

Talked to wd and they told me to send copy of the bill which was sent to them( tks to sushil kapoor dvdstore, he sent a pucca bill with s/n etc) . Still awaiting update on the warranty end from WD

this is getting ridiculous!
i thought seagate was bad when it comes to RMA, but WD is following suit, no one is very sure about Samsung RMA service. what are we left with

Atleast Seagate drives are bit reliable, compared to the recent crap dished out by WD

I've been trying to schedule a courier pick-up for my WD drive but the phone numbers given at their site (1-800-11-93-93 or 011-26384700) are not working.
I tried emailing them at wdexpress.india@wdc.com but didn't get any reply. I created the RMA request at their site 2 days ago.
EDIT: Finally managed to schedule the pick-up through that toll free number. It seems that number is functional for only a few hours during the afternoon.

Ive sent a drive for RMA more than 10-12 days back .No signs of the replacement coming in . Atleast these guys should have the courtesy of updating the status of RMA on the site or inform us by a call. the Toll- Free number is always busy during the working hours and after 6 pm it tells me to call me during the working hours. Sent a mail to WDDirect the day drive was picked up , but no reply. This is getting worst than I thought :(. We need to contact Western Digital Global /US and inform them about this. Last I remember the US guys were prompt in replying to mails when my HDD needed a warranty update .

I am stuck with the pathetic RMA service of WD India.

My RMA was created 1 month back when i purchased a dud disc from Shripad.

Till now no signs of any RMA..

all toll free numbers are BUSSSSSYYY all the time , so you r cut off totally.

ANy way to contact these guys?

thansk

My 500GB WD Blue (AAKS) crashed a couple of days back, first hdd to have ever crashed on me :( .

Had got a hackint0sh install up and running on it, with all the devices working :(

Registered for a RMA a couple of days back and got the RMA# generated, although no one has picked up the drive or called up yet. Hopefully it shouldn't take much long, since it's a 500GB drive and most of the users having issues with RMA are ones with 1TB drives.

Same here, my 500gb WD also crashed have set up RMA on Monday, called the call center and asked them to send someone to pick it up, till now no one has come, i think its time to start chasing them for pickup.

Dushie said:
Same here, my 500gb WD also crashed have set up RMA on Monday, called the call center and asked them to send someone to pick it up, till now no one has come, i think its time to start chasing them for pickup.

Dnt wait for a Pick-up...Jst talk to their customer care and send the drive on 2pay basis..U wont hav to pay a single penny...

Back