Storage Solutions Western Digital RMA information

FaH33m said:
Errr does this mean we have to ship the HDD back to them at our own cost if they fail to pick-up ? Also technically speaking , though they haven't picked any of the HDDs , I have got mails saying we have received your hard disk for the RMA . Even the RMA status shows as HDD received on 16th Dec :S . Now this is confusing .If they dont pick up my drives , I will have to send it via DTDC .Dont want to lose the warranty on the drives :ashamed:.

Now coming to the most kick-ass part about WD RMA .

There have been instances in the past , when I was upgraded from 1TB Green to 1TB Black , 1TB Green to 1.5TB green but this time WD completely blew me away with their insane Christmas present . Read on :D

Since all my WD drives were showing errors in HD tune health status , I decided it was time for RMA .

First applied for RMA of only 1TB Green drive which was about to die any moment . Within 4-5 days received a mail saying they received my drive and have shipped the replacement .5-6 days later I have a new WD 1TB Green at my doorstep . Nice !! I am impressed ! ( They still haven't picked up my old dead drive )
Second time I applied for RMA of 2 drives , my main OS drive (1TB Black-100FALS-which I had got as replacement for green last time :p) and my other 1TB-Green-WD10EARS1 which had insane number of reallocated sector count . 3-4 days after applying for RMA ,I check the RMA status on WD site .It shows.

We have received your drives on 22nd December. Replacement drives shipped -

WD1002FAEX - The new 64mb 1TB black in lieu of old one . :O !!

wD20EARS- A freaking 2TB Green in lieu of 1TB Green :jumpy: !!

Someone at WD really loves me , they have done it before .. they did it again !! :eek:hyeah: :yahoo:

Was thinking of purchasing a new Seagate or Hitachi 1TB drive. Looks like I won't have to now . Made my day !
That's great. Enjoy the new 2TB from WD.

FaH33m said:
Errr does this mean we have to ship the HDD back to them at our own cost if they fail to pick-up ? Also technically speaking , though they haven't picked any of the HDDs , I have got mails saying we have received your hard disk for the RMA . Even the RMA status shows as HDD received on 16th Dec :S . Now this is confusing .If they dont pick up my drives , I will have to send it via DTDC .Dont want to lose the warranty on the drives :ashamed:.
Now coming to the most kick-ass part about WD RMA .

There have been instances in the past , when I was upgraded from 1TB Green to 1TB Black , 1TB Green to 1.5TB green but this time WD completely blew me away with their insane Christmas present . Read on :D

Since all my WD drives were showing errors in HD tune health status , I decided it was time for RMA .

First applied for RMA of only 1TB Green drive which was about to die any moment . Within 4-5 days received a mail saying they received my drive and have shipped the replacement .5-6 days later I have a new WD 1TB Green at my doorstep . Nice !! I am impressed ! ( They still haven't picked up my old dead drive )

Second time I applied for RMA of 2 drives , my main OS drive (1TB Black-100FALS-which I had got as replacement for green last time :p) and my other 1TB-Green-WD10EARS1 which had insane number of reallocated sector count . 3-4 days after applying for RMA ,I check the RMA status on WD site .It shows.

We have received your drives on 22nd December. Replacement drives shipped -

WD1002FAEX - The new 64mb 1TB black in lieu of old one . :O !!

wD20EARS- A freaking 2TB Green in lieu of 1TB Green :jumpy: !!

Someone at WD really loves me , they have done it before .. they did it again !! :eek:hyeah: :yahoo:
Was thinking of purchasing a new Seagate or Hitachi 1TB drive. Looks like I won't have to now . Made my day !
Theres no need to ship the drives at ur own cost..They ppl comes nytime at ur place asking for faulty drives..Happened with me last month....Incase for ny reason u failed to provide them with ur faulty drive, ur new drive goes outta warranty too....

i registered rma on 12th of this month and of 14th recived an mail that my hdd was received and was been shipped but till today i haven't received it :( yet

but day before yesterday i recived an messege about so thing that my hdd is docked and my rma number is ********* ....

so shall i wait or just call them and ask about it :(

I am waiting for 3 months for them to pick ma drive ....still no one in sight :S.After repeated attempts they sent me a advance replacement which was DOA so called them again ....they said i have to ship it to them if i need the replacement fast.....i told them to send someone fast as i have 2 drives with me already.....i am still waiting after 90 days :S.

Back