Storage Solutions Western Digital RMA information

I had a faulty 250 GB hard drive.
Sheduled a pickup for RMA on Saturday.
The pickup boy came on Monday.
Received a brand new HDD on that very Friday.
Had a pleasant experience with WD RMA.
Note:- My residence is located 5 kms away from their RMA center, so could be the reason for quick delivery.

xcept89 said:
hey i scheduled for RMA pickup . ..

i need to pack it ?? or they'll to that ??
Dont worry WD RMA Process is great... U just need any small kind of box and just put the HDD in it... and rest of the stuff the courier guy will do it for u... In My case he done all the packaging and RMA receipt sticking stuff :p I just gave him a box lol... :D

i just got a mail frm WD stating that they received my old HDD and dey have dispatched replacement hdd ...

the funniest part is i have'nt send my HDD for replacement ... as nobody came to pickup my HDD ..

WD is d best ...

xcept89 said:
i just got a mail frm WD stating that they received my old HDD and dey have dispatched replacement hdd ...
the funniest part is i have'nt send my HDD for replacement ... as nobody came to pickup my HDD ..
WD is d best ...
Dont be very surprised if one day they just show and ask for the hdd...
Hope they never show up at ur place

Waiting over 2 months to receive my replacement 1.5tb hdd from wd. Every time I call the ccc they say they are going to dispatch it the very same day. The last time I called which was 2 days ago they tell me they don't have the 1.5tb in stock to provide me a replacement. This is getting very frustrating!

Pixel said:
Waiting over 2 months to receive my replacement 1.5tb hdd from wd. Every time I call the ccc they say they are going to dispatch it the very same day. The last time I called which was 2 days ago they tell me they don't have the 1.5tb in stock to provide me a replacement. This is getting very frustrating!
dude start complaining ur ass off. call up their CC and bang them. Send off an email to their regional manager. send another email to WDC head in the US ccomplaining of the despicable service in India!!

Dont let them live in peace!:eek:hyeah:

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

by the way they sent me a $140 1tb drive as replacement for a $70 drive:eek:hyeah:

which type of plastic bag to we need to putthe hdd in of rma???

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

i need to give one :)

dragon_unleashed said:
This same thing happened to my friend... He registered for rma for his faulty wd 500gb green internel but forgot to call for pickup as he bought a new one and was very busy with his work and totally forgot about the old hdd, and after about 15days a new wd 500gb green was at his door step... lol
Same happened to me, got a new 2TB drive, without even sending the old 1TB. :)

Happened twice now actually, few months ago I got a 2TB new drive as replacement for a faulty drive.

Those who are getting new drives, ur old drives will be collected soon from ur place..
Incase if u fail to submit ur faulty drive, ur new drive will also go outta warranty.... Dats sumthing really great naa:)

yeah dont worry they will come to pickup definitely.

and prince u need ti pack it in the original anti-static bag and cover it with bubble wrap. put it in a box stuffed with thermacol pieces and on the box write rma no and serial no in 3 places. and stick that label on the box.. send the shit off. they will collect it only after a month and sometimes they delay the rma because u have not shipped!

Hey,

I just created an RMA for my WD 500gb Green it kept disappearing from the OS ever since the first format plus failed the lifeguard DOS test too. The problem now is that I am unable to schedule a pickup as the two numbers (1800-11-93-93 & 1800-200-5789) are not going through.

What does one do now? I have also emailed wdexpress.india@wdc.com.

-Thanks

sudan_rulz said:
Incase if u fail to submit ur faulty drive, ur new drive will also go outta warranty.... Dats sumthing really great naa:)
Haha awesome! Thanks for the insider info Manpreet! :D

Spy king said:
Hey,

I just created an RMA for my WD 500gb Green it kept disappearing from the OS ever since the first format plus failed the lifeguard DOS test too. The problem now is that I am unable to schedule a pickup as the two numbers (1800-11-93-93 & 1800-200-5789) are not going through.

What does one do now? I have also emailed wdexpress.india@wdc.com.

-Thanks
keep tryin the 1800-11-9393 no. it will come after some time and further i advice u to send the hdd off using dtdc cost will be 150 to 200 only... after u schedule also god knows when they will come:eek:hyeah:

By any chance do they transfer all your data from the old one to the new one??? I'm just trying my luck. I have alot of data on my WD 1TB HDD which i dont wanna loose.

Well all HDD providers do Data Recovery but it comes a huge cost. Hence was wondering on giving a new HDD through RMA, do they transfer all the stuff onto the new one.

Since we are on this topic, do you know of any software that can help to fix bad sectors on an HDD.

sudan_rulz said:
Those who are getting new drives, ur old drives will be collected soon from ur place..
Desecrator said:
Haha awesome! Thanks for the insider info Manpreet! :D

Errr does this mean we have to ship the HDD back to them at our own cost if they fail to pick-up ? Also technically speaking , though they haven't picked any of the HDDs , I have got mails saying we have received your hard disk for the RMA . Even the RMA status shows as HDD received on 16th Dec :S . Now this is confusing .If they dont pick up my drives , I will have to send it via DTDC .Dont want to lose the warranty on the drives :ashamed:.
Now coming to the most kick-ass part about WD RMA .

There have been instances in the past , when I was upgraded from 1TB Green to 1TB Black , 1TB Green to 1.5TB green but this time WD completely blew me away with their insane Christmas present . Read on :D

Since all my WD drives were showing errors in HD tune health status , I decided it was time for RMA .

First applied for RMA of only 1TB Green drive which was about to die any moment . Within 4-5 days received a mail saying they received my drive and have shipped the replacement .5-6 days later I have a new WD 1TB Green at my doorstep . Nice !! I am impressed ! ( They still haven't picked up my old dead drive )

Second time I applied for RMA of 2 drives , my main OS drive (1TB Black-100FALS-which I had got as replacement for green last time :p) and my other 1TB-Green-WD10EARS1 which had insane number of reallocated sector count . 3-4 days after applying for RMA ,I check the RMA status on WD site .It shows.

We have received your drives on 22nd December. Replacement drives shipped -

WD1002FAEX - The new 64mb 1TB black in lieu of old one . :O !!

wD20EARS- A freaking 2TB Green in lieu of 1TB Green :jumpy: !!

Someone at WD really loves me , they have done it before .. they did it again !! :eek:hyeah: :yahoo:
Was thinking of purchasing a new Seagate or Hitachi 1TB drive. Looks like I won't have to now . Made my day !

Back