Storage Solutions Western Digital RMA information

I paid on my own. and the HDD was delivered last sat. no updates in website. called them u now. they received the HDD.

@mjeri i did the same and they recieved on 12thaug but still no reply from there side,everyday they tell me wait till evening you will recieve the drive

Hello guys...

I know its quite old thread but I couldn't stop myself to update and share my personal experience with WD HDD Replacement. I have WD 60 GB HDD and I request for its replacement 3 weeks ago and within 2 days a courier company called me for disk pickup. For two weeks the status of disk was "waiting", so I emailed them about the status and they confirmed that they have received it.

On 18th of this month I received email from WD that they have shipped the HDD and courier status was "000001_HAND CARRY_A_HAND CARRY". I tried to find and google "000001_HAND CARRY_A_HAND CARRY" and come to this thread... and found many bad reviews.. but I got my Replaced HDD today on 20th and its 250 GB :)

I am happy with it :p

BTW hello to everyone as this is my first post.. :)

Here's my best experience...

registered RMA for 1.5TB hdd on 16NOV2010...

GOT 2TB HDD on 23NOV2010...

Still they didn't pickup the old HDD...

lucky...

I had a similar experience. Had bought a 1TB external non essential series(the one with the blue lights). Dropped it from a height of 4feet and stoped detecting on any comp. Called and logged a complaint and got RMA number on Saturday. Drive picked up on monday. Till next saturday there was no update on the delivery of the hdd, got worried and kept callin allpossible numbers realted to WD but in vain. On Sat evening bell rings and get a brand new WD Essential series 1TB hdd. Kept checkin for another week on the site if drive reached but according to website the drive never reached them, though i got my replacement.

So IMO the RMA is not organised at all and no communication between any departments out there. So hold on guys u will get ur hdds back.

dude i registered for an RMA yesterday. i have my fingers, my toes and every god damn appendage of mine crossed:rofl:. Im goin to pound u guys if this doesnt work:eek:hyeah:

Dont bother checking the RMA status in their website, it will not show correct information. I got a 250 GB new drive as replacement for a faulty 160 GB drive after 15 days.

This same thing happened to my friend... He registered for rma for his faulty wd 500gb green internel but forgot to call for pickup as he bought a new one and was very busy with his work and totally forgot about the old hdd, and after about 15days a new wd 500gb green was at his door step... lol

^Hehe, I thought I was the only one. Registered for a 320GB, which is now working just fine - was giving me read errors, but turned out to be a faulty SATA cable. Didn't schedule the pickup, as I was busy. Got a new 320GB AAKS yesterday, without even sending the old one in.

Weird!

TechHead said:
^Hehe, I thought I was the only one. Registered for a 320GB, which is now working just fine - was giving me read errors, but turned out to be a faulty SATA cable. Didn't schedule the pickup, as I was busy. Got a new 320GB AAKS yesterday, without even sending the old one in.

Weird!
Damn! You are plain lucky! :p

Was it a recertified drive?

Back