Whey Protein, where to buy!

Has anyone used whey from Optimum Nutrition? Is it better than or equivalent to MuscleBlaze?
ON is one of the best although expensive whey proteins in the market. MuscleBlaze I'd never take even with a 90% discount. I've known people who reported stomach and liver problems after taking MuscleBlaze. This was several years ago but I don't expect anything changed since MB is an Indian brand.

I recommend Ultimate Nutrition Prostar. It costs 5k for around 5.28lb and it's one of the most popular brands in the US too. Don't ever buy proteins on amazon or flipkart, you can try pigi or Nutristar or any other trusted importer.

Looks like Myprotein has always been shady/unreliable:

To those newbies asking Protein supp advise on the Tech forum, Here is one from my exp.
  1. If you're not comfortable, DONT buy any Indian supplements
  2. DONT even bother with Myprotein unless you feel extremely lucky.
  3. Just buy one of these from the authorized importer directyly/Online: Optimum Nutrition(ON), Muscle Tech, Dymatize, Ultimate Nutrition, Universal, MusclePharm etc
  4. Always try to get Protein isolate if you can afford the higher price

Last edited:
ON is most probably certified from a good lab. Muscle blaze used to be low quality BS and probably it is still garbage. @Darth Vader Why go for isolate only?
Because most of the Isolate only product comes with Zero carb/fat with high percentage of protein (90%+). Nothing wrong with Blend though,some contain way more fat that can screw your macros depending on the rest of the diet. This is why i hate Protein bars, almost all of them contain way more fat to be considered 'Protein' bar lol.

Because most of the Isolate only product comes with Zero carb/fat with high percentage of protein (90%+). Nothing wrong with Blend though,some contain way more fat that can screw your macros depending on the rest of the diet. This is why i hate Protein bars, almost all of them contain way more fat to be considered 'Protein' bar lol.
So you don't eat any carbs and fats or very less of it? Fat is very essential nutrition for our body even carbs are needed unless you are doing Keto.

So you don't eat any carbs and fats or very less of it? Fat is very essential nutrition for our body even carbs are needed unless you are doing Keto.
He has mentioned why he prefers isolate.
some contain way more fat that can screw your macros depending on the rest of the diet.
I've been trying to regulate my diet macros & it takes some decent effort to get it right with our 'prevalent' diet. Any further addition to fats & carbs when supplementing your protein makes it even harder.

I don't want fats from Protein supplements. Some of these blends contain 3-5 grams fat per scoop, take 2 scoops you're already up 10grams fat which is ridiculous. Thts the point.
I'll happily eat fat from food sources.
I've been trying to regulate my diet macros & it takes some decent effort to get it right with our 'prevalent' diet. Any further addition to fats & carbs when supplementing your protein makes it even harder.
100% agreed.

Can someone recommend a good whey protein for a fair price? I used to take Ultimate nutrition prostar.. 5 years ago it cost me 3.5k, 2 years ago it was 4.5k, 10 months ago I bought it for 5k, now the cheapest I can find it is for 5.8k... not at all worth it.
I've used pigi.in, nutrabay and nutristar. They all have hiked prices now

Can someone recommend a good whey protein for a fair price? I used to take Ultimate nutrition prostar.. 5 years ago it cost me 3.5k, 2 years ago it was 4.5k, 10 months ago I bought it for 5k, now the cheapest I can find it is for 5.8k... not at all worth it.
I've used pigi.in, nutrabay and nutristar. They all have hiked prices now
Nutrija,
XLR8,
gayoressentials

Need to buy Isopure protein. Any reliable online websites? My friend got a fake product from Amazon. Or any store in Bangalore that I can visit and buy?

Need to buy Isopure protein. Any reliable online websites? My friend got a fake product from Amazon. Or any store in Bangalore that I can visit and buy?
No need to buy from Amazon.

Reach out to ISOPURE directly and ask for details of Indian distributor. Then Contact the Indian distributor and buy directly from them.
If there is no authorized importer, forget it.

you should check with them for confirmation.

No need to buy from Amazon.

Reach out to ISOPURE directly and ask for details of Indian distributor. Then Contact the Indian distributor and buy directly from them.
If there is no authorized importer, forget it.

you should check with them for confirmation.
I checked out their website. Didn't have any mention of Isopure. I'll call them up tomorrow and enquire.

Myprotein is top notch whey.
Going with Isopure as I had used it earlier. They were bought from US. I quite liked it. I'll checkout Myprotein. Thanks for the recommendation

Hi guys, I am reviving this thread because I need some advice.
I have been using Muscle Blaze Biozyme for some time and it has been causing me gastritis. For the longest time, I could not understand what on earth was going on until I realized that the supplement was the culprit.

For the record, I am missing a gallbladder and ever since the surgery, I have become slightly lactose intolerant. I cannot consume full-cream milk anymore, but I do absolutely fine with skimmed milk and byproducts of milk (cheese, paneer, curd, etc.). I thought that the whey isolate should take care of that, but either MB isn't suiting me or something is off.

I was using ON (till 2020) before switching to MB (post-surgery), and I did not face any issues.

What brands do you recommend that I should look at? A friend who suffered from bloating with MB switched to GNC and it seems to be working well for him.
Further, would you recommend spacing out the scoop of serving over 6-8 hours?

There are some Soy proteins available on MyProtein, are they worth looking into?

There are so many brands and honestly, I am a noob, so I am quite lost and clueless. Somebody recommended Avvatar too (apparently they're certified by Informed Choice).

My budget is a maximum of 5k for 5 lbs. It should be financially sustainable and not drive everyone away from me!
Cheers!

Last edited:
@sibot I started taking Nutrija about 6 months ago. In the past I've only used imported whey protein because I never trusted the Indian brands. And nutrija is right up there in quality with brands like Ultimate Nutrition and costs half the price.
I use isolate 95 which costs 1.9k for 2lb

Back