Whey Protein, where to buy!

Impact Whey can be bought currently as low as 5333 for 2.5 KGs (Yes concentrate not isolate). MyProtein prices are suddenly whack.

Myprotein flavored whey concentrate after coupon says 7.3k INR on their website, not sure how you getting it for 5333 INR. Unflavoured ?
Again, there is no evidence that states Myprotein is better than any other protein supplement in the market. You just pay more for no reason like Apple customers.

You dont have to trust All about Nutrition or any other youtuber. Do your own test independently, im confident you'll come to the same conclusion.

Do you have some lab test/report or other info on MuscleBlaze's Omega 3/Fish Oil Gold? I'm assuming you mean the ones with the higher EPA and DHA.
I'm not challenging the ingredients of any product and yes it looks good on paper compare to other fish oil supps.
Even on paper, Myprotein isnt looking any better let alone lab studies. Thts my point.

Nutrabox scored well on labdoor and that All About Nutrition guys tests but their freaking page doesn't seem to have a list of ingredients.. a big no no imho
It does if you're referring to this: (taken from their site)

Untitled-1_9a73684f-062b-4afd-bf5d-6edc73fd6f9b.jpg

People who consume unflavoured protein are psycho :p and Myprotein is overpriced af.

You guys ever explored any of the Indian brands (cost way cheaper) ? You can order directly via authorized distributors(imported brands) or from the manufacturer's website/app nowadays....

This guy does lab test for protein supplements:
All About Nutrition
People who consume unflavoured protein are psycho

The gym guy in me would have gone nuts had I read this line during my college days but I haven't seen a gym in the last like 5 years so all cool. Bro unflavored proteins, if from Glanbia (read about it), are the cheapest. All these companies buy from them, add some flavors and then sell to the masses.

To all.
Ultimate Nutrition used to be the best in terms of pricing, performance wise it will depend on your workout intensity+all of your meals+most importantly REST otherwise you won't grow or the muscles won't get repaired. This brand is not available from trustworthy sources anymore.

Myprotein flavored whey concentrate after coupon says 7.3k INR on their website, not sure how you getting it for 5333 INR. Unflavoured ?
Again, there is no evidence that states Myprotein is better than any other protein supplement in the market. You just pay more for no reason like Apple customers.

You dont have to trust All about Nutrition or any other youtuber. Do your own test independently, im confident you'll come to the same conclusion.

I'm not challenging the ingredients of any product and yes it looks good on paper compare to other fish oil supps.
Even on paper, Myprotein isnt looking any better let alone lab studies. Thts my point.

It does if you're referring to this: (taken from their site)

Untitled-1_9a73684f-062b-4afd-bf5d-6edc73fd6f9b.jpg

Hah you behaving as if MyProtein has done you dirty... For the record I've been buying their stuff on and off for over 6 years.. Someone would get it down for my from the UK. Also, because they were the cheapest and one of the few ones that sold Unflavoured stuff. So I have no idea where you have got this comparison with Apple from...
1654244390828.png

People who consume unflavoured protein are psycho

The gym guy in me would have gone nuts had I read this line during my college days but I haven't seen a gym in the last like 5 years so all cool. Bro unflavored proteins, if from Glanbia (read about it), are the cheapest. All these companies buy from them, add some flavors and then sell to the masses.
That was a joke mate. I'm well aware of Glanbia and i've personally imported raw protein isolates for myself and friends in those days :)

Hah you behaving as if MyProtein has done you dirty... For the record I've been buying their stuff on and off for over 6 years.. Someone would get it down for my from the UK. Also, because they were the cheapest and one of the few ones that sold Unflavoured stuff. So I have no idea where you have got this comparison with Apple from...
My only problem is their price mate and obviously seeing cheaper products in India for the first time in years.
If you asked me about protein supp 10 years ago, I wouldn't even recommend imported ones coz of adulteration & outright fake ones sold across India. It does appear to be contained to some extent now.

Anyways, I'm off to buy some Myprotein. Peace.

Hah you behaving as if MyProtein has done you dirty... For the record I've been buying their stuff on and off for over 6 years.. Someone would get it down for my from the UK. Also, because they were the cheapest and one of the few ones that sold Unflavoured stuff. So I have no idea where you have got this comparison with Apple from... View attachment 135700
Glanbia unflavoured whey 10kg bori used to cost 15-18k in those days. Miss those days.

You don't seem to be reading the posts - I got it for less than 2.4K for 1KG. That's exactly why I posted here.
Really ??

All i see is you contradicting urself.
Misleading!?
I'm not sure if you consume protein occasionally - even the cheapest unflavored Whey Concentrate costs more than 3K per KG - and that is pretty much a month's consumption if you regularly intake protein shakes.
Here is something for people who think protein powder cost 3K per kg . This one cost 50% less.
XLR8 Whey Protein

Last edited:
That's the dumbest thing I've read on the internet today.
Yes, the gains for those who're juicing will be greater but to say they do zilch for someone who isn't is just ignorant.
Surely you mean that progressive overload fueled by tons of proteins fuels muscle growth right?
LOL

Literally in the gym right now as I'm typing this on my phone. I can't afford protein supplements as a student but saying they don't work and then comparing it to fairness creams just sounds like an excuse to be lazy and justify it.
Great to know that when you are gym, you have the time and availability of wandering focus to spend time on the interwebs/social media.
Attaboy! Perhaps you might also be paying attention to the music being played, and the chicks doing stiff legged deadlifts.

How can not buying something that is as useless as fairness cream be lazy? In fact I see the above behavior as precursor to lazy.

just tried MuscleBlaze 90% Raw Whey Isolate Unflavoured with my usual recipe (3gms decaf, 15 gms cocoa powder, 10 gms erythritol, 5gms coconut oil, french vanilla essence) and by gawd. it was so so so baaad. Even my father who has let's say not the best taste in this kind of stuff was like this was terrible compared to the MyProtein Isolate he usually has. Ohh well let's see which one we get next...

MuscleBlaze
why on earth you even attempted it. this company sells more sugar than protein per scoop. any only made of arrowroot powder.
never ever touch any Indian company in heath sector -- we have pretty fack-up law when it come to hygiene & licencing of these product, no check whatsoever.

--------

does anyone know where to buy muscletech authentic products in India?
(no amazon please)

Last edited:
why on earth you even attempted it. this company sells more sugar than protein per scoop. any only made of arrowroot powder.
never ever touch any Indian company in heath sector -- we have pretty fack-up law when it come to hygiene & licencing of these product, no check whatsoever.

--------

does anyone know where to buy muscletech authentic products in India?
(no amazon please)

Well luckily only 500 grams. Honestly at the moment I don;t know what to buy. Because it needs to be unflavoured. ON, Dymatize, etc don;t seem to sell unflavoured stuff. We always bought MyProtein but the unflavoured stuff is is out of stock and they don't know when it will be back.

And MuscleBlaze and others have been tested. So I wouldn't go as far as to say all are doomed

Hey guys, I'm not deep into exercising, but I need to supplement my protein intake with whey because I'm not getting enough for my weight with my usual diet. I'm 84 Kgs and growing skinny fat due to reduced fitness activities over last 2-3 years & carb heavy, low protein diet. I've adjusted my diet, including 6-8 eggs, paneer & soy on most days but everyday consistency is lacking.
I'm targeting 120 gms for me but barely able to do 75-80 on average.
I need suggestions on brand to start with without breaking a bank so I can supplement my intake.
Easily digestible will be a good point to start with since it'll be my first outing with whey and taste is not actually a big factor, I can put up with quite a bit on the taste front.

Hey guys, I'm not deep into exercising, but I need to supplement my protein intake with whey because I'm not getting enough for my weight with my usual diet. I'm 84 Kgs and growing skinny fat due to reduced fitness activities over last 2-3 years & carb heavy, low protein diet. I've adjusted my diet, including 6-8 eggs, paneer & soy on most days but everyday consistency is lacking.
I need suggestions on brand to start with without breaking a bank so I can supplement my intake.
Easily digestible will be a good point to start with since it'll be my first outing with whey and taste is not actually a big factor, I can put up with quite a bit on the taste front.
Eat only curd lots of it every day and paneer also and you will put on weight. Okay.

Eat only curd lots of it every day and paneer also and you will put on weight. Okay.
Not looking to put on any more weight. I'm currently 84 at 6'1 :sweatsmile:
Just need to get my protein intake right and actually cut down on weight. I don't have a number but I guess 76-78 should do me good with some muscle mass

Not looking to put on any more weight. I'm currently 84 at 6'1 :sweatsmile:
Just need to get my protein intake right and actually cut down on weight. I don't have a number but I guess 76-78 should do me good with some muscle mass
Okay
You need to cut down weight then buy a treadmill and do exercise regularly for 1 hour that's all what my bariatric surgeon advised me to do also.

Eat eggs, no red meat, eat chicken, eat green vegetables and eat fish but no prawns. Okay.

This is the diet prescribed to me by my surgeon.
That's all.

And I don't know about any Whey protein as I never used it and my surgeon did not prescribe me that.

That's all.

80 gram is more than enough at 84 kg body weight. If you are getting fat then you are having too many calories. You need to reduce your diet not increase it. Do intermittent fasting and try to lift at least your own body weight in major lifts like bench press and squat. 100kg Deadlift should be a cakewalk for you at 84 kg. If it is not, then you need to add more months to your workout experience not eat more protein. Since you eat eggs so having any protein shake is going to be a total waste of money. If you are not able to go to the gym regularly or not at all then do bodyweight exercises at home, do intermittent fasting and eat less. Always keep your protein intake barely enough to gain strength.

The advantage whey has over almost all other food is the protein per calorie.

eg - 4 large eggs - 200gms = 25gms protein - 285 calories. (Without any added oil, etc)
1 30gms scoop of Whey Isolate - 27gms protein - 110 calories total.

Back