Whey Protein, where to buy!

Isolates/hydroslates are overhyped. Not worth you money.
Isolates are definitely not overhyped, it's whey in its purest form, that and concentrates are the only options for people with lactose intolerance.
Also some people (myself included) don't like the added sugars/sweeteners/flavours/emulsifiers/colours so isolates are the only option.

What psyph3r. There is a noticeable difference for me as far as digestion is concerned. For my father it's like night and day.

Isolates are definitely not overhyped, it's whey in its purest form, that and concentrates are the only options for people with lactose intolerance.
Also some people (myself included) don't like the added sugars/sweeteners/flavours/emulsifiers/colours so isolates are the only option.
Yes it's good for people with that condition.
What psyph3r. There is a noticeable difference for me as far as digestion is concerned. For my father it's like night and day.
Cool. Why does you father have it?

Yes it's good for people with that condition.

Cool. Why does you father have it?

He's vegetarian. His cardiologist said eat some fish or get some protein. He decided on whey. Plus he works out a little so this sorta keeps him on check.

Basically has it like a "cold coffee" in the morning. Like just under a scoop.

Isolates are definitely not overhyped, it's whey in its purest form,
AFAIK, Isolate and Concentrate is just about the filtration process used to achieve concentration level.
Isolate is 90%+, Concentrate is 80%+.
Hydrolyzed ones are the only pure ones which are broken down to just protein.

His cardiologist said eat some fish or get some protein.
Talk to him about Omega fish oil supplements, this is something veggies lack.
Whey is just one form of protein. There is a lot or "bro science" behind whey, in clinical nutrition a lot more emphasis is put on a blend of proteins, including casein.

Last edited:
AFAIK, Isolate and Concentrate is just about the filtration process used to achieve concentration level.
Isolate is 90%+, Concentrate is 80%+.
Hydrolyzed ones are the only pure ones which are broken down to just protein.

Talk to him about Omega fish oil supplements, this is something veggies lack.
Whey is just one form of protein. There is a lot or "bro science" behind whey, in clinical nutrition a lot more emphasis is put on a blend of proteins, including casein.
Many people especially in India don't know that they are Lactose intolerant so Hydro Whey is good for them. Plus Hydro Whey has minimal to no fat/carbs.

I used to buy 5lbs of Ultimate Nutrition for 3.5k before covid and now I'm seeing it's being sold for almost 5k? What did I miss? Even offline stores are quoting 4.8k

I used to buy 5lbs of Ultimate Nutrition for 3.5k before covid and now I'm seeing it's being sold for almost 5k? What did I miss? Even offline stores are quoting 4.8k
That's general inflation for us. It doesn't seem like it but covid started 2 years ago :(
Is anyone experienced with ON's serious mass?
I have heard good things about it, but would like to hear actual experiences too.

Guys can you suggest good, vegan protein compound ( or plant based for that matter) only if you or someone known has actually consumed it for more than 3 months
Thanks

Would be for general wellness.
Thanks
Actually you don't need any protein powder for general wellness. There is a reason why every food in nature is solid except milk which is for infants and not for adults. Protein powders are not needed even for strength workouts unless one is looking for a competitive edge. Sprouted Kala chana and moong daal, roasted soyabean are good plant based protein source but you need to watch your uric acid levels.

That's general inflation for us. It doesn't seem like it but covid started 2 years ago :(
I have heard good things about it, but would like to hear actual experiences too.
Yes i have used ON Serious mass- chocolate flavour.

Taste is good. dissolves easily, no bloating of stomach. had good results. gained weight with normal workouts.
Even if you do not workout after consuming it, it gets digested easily.

The recommended scoop size is very large.

Actually you don't need any protein powder for general wellness. There is a reason why every food in nature is solid except milk which is for infants and not for adults. Protein powders are not needed even for strength workouts unless one is looking for a competitive edge. Sprouted Kala chana and moong daal, roasted soyabean are good plant based protein source but you need to watch your uric acid levels.
Actually the query is intended for a diabetic who is a pure vegetarian
I personally don't Beleive in supplements but the guy has asked like 100 times and I wish to get a picture from you guys if at all anyone has consumed and found it to be beneficial and without any adverse effects

Actually the query is intended for a diabetic who is a pure vegetarian
I personally don't Beleive in supplements but the guy has asked like 100 times and I wish to get a picture from you guys if at all anyone has consumed and found it to be beneficial and without any adverse effects
Any kind of fast digesting food is bad for a diabetic. A protein supplement is only going to raise too much blood sugar in a small time. Urge him not to fall for the scam and just eat proper solid meals (solid means nutritionally and literally solid, no juices or shakes). I have used Whey supplements and found it to be not necessary for anything other than competitive or professional use.
Buying any kind of Mass gainer is like buying peanuts and paying for almonds. All mass gainers have a lot of carbs which are dirt cheap anyway (rice, chapati, poha, idli, bread). Not saying that mass gainer is a waste of money but it should only be used if someone is extremely skinny (not thin, not just skinny, but extremely skinny) and has a poor appetite. Ingesting carbs in liquid form is good for very skinny people to add some weight quickly but banana shake and a diet full of carbs such as rice could work equally well so, one should try that first. Also keep in mind that sugar is toxic and ingesting too much carbs (sugar) can lead to insulin resistance which eventually leads to obesity, skinny fat, bulging tummy, liver injuries and Type 2 diabetes.

Has anybody experienced Ultimate Nutrition's Iso Sensation Whey protein and Myprotein's Impact Whey Isolate in terms of :
1. Ease of mixing [Iso Sensation mixes very easily - never leaves any lumps]
2. Taste [I prefer Vanilla flavor in Iso and planning to try Unflavored option in Myprotein]
3. Quality/Effectiveness [I know it is subjective - but have you felt better/worse/same results between the two?]

Difficult to get Iso Sensation and has gotten way expensive - can't find it below 7K INR for a 5lbs tub.

Back