Which city or place sucks the most?

Dude flyovers are well constructed within 2yrs span and here you can see in last 18months all senseless work going on in a small stretch as f they have no goals and just going on damaging the road and creating more problems to the public day by day. The original road was better and proper and had smooth traffic and management too.
There are some parts of bangalore that have this same exact problem with the flyover as well. It tells you that there are more ppl on the take there generally screwing things up for everybody else :(

I remember on a road where one day they decided to create what they call here as 'magic box' so they dug up the road. A 'magic box' is just a tunnel under a road with staircases on either end to help ppl cross. In reality its just a big poured concrete segement thats lowered into the trench. So they dropped a few in there and lo & behold found they had not dug deep enough and there was no space for staircases at either end. So they covered it up and this created an unacceptable 'hump' in the road.

It stayed like for a week, then they decided to dig it up and remove what was put in there and restore the road to its original state.

Lots of work got done, our taxes got spent yet there was nothing to show for it :(

I thought ppl were wasteful abroad and how careful we were but this really takes the cake :mad:

ronit said:
To your another point i will say better visit the paud road area if you havent yet in past a yr and ask anybody there what construction exactly is going on the road and there you will get the answers. Dude flyovers are well constructed within 2yrs span and here you can see in last 18months all senseless work going on in a small stretch as f they have no goals and just going on damaging the road and creating more problems to the public day by day. The original road was better and proper and had smooth traffic and management too.

As far as visiting Paud Road is concerned I LIVE THERE! So I am very well aware of the condition of the Paud road. Yes the road was much better earlier and didn't have potholes as well. But Karve road and paud road were part of the IRDP (Integrated Road Development Project) under the JNNURM. They needed to be concretized before the BRTS and then the metro work starts there! Regarding the delay that's because there has been problem in acquiring lands on the sides of the road. the part where PMC has acquired land is completed. But yes the work is too slow and I agree on that part. But still just ONE road doesn't prove the point. You should have seen Pune 2 years ago and now. A person visiting Pune 2 years ago and now would be surprised to see how many roads and flyovers have been constructed here!

ronit said:
Still no regrets, you may had a bad exp here. But i will certainly say all is well here. I dont need to defend my city. :clap:

I never had any bad experiences in Mumbai to have those views! It's what I felt whenever I visited Mumbai. You asked which city sucked and I told you my reasons.PERIOD!

Whatever I am outta this thread. Like others said above, there's no point in arguing you!

@amol_cool:

no m not arguing. Just answering. The only thing many like you hated this is coz i went into every detail and others dint. Me too now out of all this. Dont want to heat up the issue more. Others may contribute n continue.

If i again visit pune i would like to meet everyone of you, ofcourse not for fighting :)

Does this thread make any sense at all??

Considering by the number of places mentioned in this, there wouldn't be a square centimeter of urban India which doesn't suck.

Grow up guys, this is purely lame. IMO this thread should be closed.

Why are you guys bothered about closing the thread. Are you facing any personal issues with it? This place is to exchange feedback about places so doesnt matter if any argument arises. Everything gets sorted soon.

@Speedz- You are indirectly saying the whole of india sucks. But in reality it doesnt. There are many good places left which we havent discussed. We have only handful of cities hated but some also loved them. So its just fun. Its like a game.

You all need to relax and if you have any issues then just standby.

To add another, some years back i went down to south to chennai and touring upto kerala and we had communication issues there as people preferred to talked only in there malayalam and kannada lingo even though they knew we cant understand it. Also they behaved as if they dont know hindi and english. So we had terrible tour.

@ashish : For once, please read my post again and try and get the real sense of it, brother. You think abusing,flaming about one region/city after another is a game?

Honestly i don't see any fun, constructive result or even timepass out of this thread. All this is gonna do is make you feel worse about the place. And worst part of it half of you can do nothing but rant about the state of affairs but won't do even as much as keeping a gun wrapper in your pocket till you reach a dustbin to keep the city you hate clean.

Of all the cities ive been in india Bangalore was not that good for me.

The city i liked the most is Chandigarh, Navi Mumbai,Hydrabad(mostly) and of course the peaceful Madras.

Edit: just went though the whole thread and it is very funny(had my laughs), specially the info abt how this member darthcoder loves to suck donkey balls

blr_p said:
Why's that then ?

everything worked out wrong for me.

Used the auto rickshaw just one time and he charged me 200 bucks for traveling 7 or 8 kilometers, It was raining and cold(i like warm and dry or tropical weather). Traffic was really bad and was struggling to get along with the city since i don't know Kannada(I speak Telugu and English). I had huge expectation since i was visiting the city after a long time and there was this hype that people told me Bangalore has become this and that, but when i reached there i felt the old Bangalore was much better,was there for 3 months.

I dont have any idea of indias famous cities... but to be honest I would say in UK, coventry suckz.....there is just about nothing to do at all.. No good clubs,pubs, or parks... just have to drive a lot to get something cool...

Cronus said:
Of all the cities ive been in india Bangalore was not that good for me.

The city i liked the most is Chandigarh, Navi Mumbai,Hydrabad(mostly) and of course the peaceful Madras.

Edit: just went though the whole thread and it is very funny(had my laughs), specially the info abt how this member darthcoder loves to suck donkey balls

I dont live in chennai so I dont, but you seem to be have been sucking them since you were born :hap2:

Back