PC Peripherals Which one is a better choice - Corsair TX650w or Seasonic 750W SS-750JS ?

Re: Which one is better choice? Corsair TX650w or Seasonic 750W SS-750JS

yehh dude after watching from above i would go for seasonic s12d 750 w

as you can see s12d gives

Measured maximum power: 905.8 W at 47.1º C.

and tp 50 gives

Measured maximum power: 919.4 W at 45.8º C

less temp

and seasonic give 85%efficiency at full load while antec gives only 82%

i also have to buy psu as you can see mine thread also in that forum:p

go for seasonic eyes closed.....

preet27 said:
Well i told you they will add their margin, it's the same thing dealing with distibutors, the dealers also get the same thing from distributors itself and charge us for the laziness, you can email Hdigital and they will take care of the rest. I just ordered mine for 6500 including shipping and taxes from hdigital and it should arrive in 3 days.

oh man

that is damn cool

tell me how did you go about it

the power supply is the last remaining component in my rig

7.2k for an antec 650W PSU? c'mon guys. Even the Seasonic SS-850AT Silver PSu is only 6.6k, and anyday better than the TP650 or even the TP750. Antec might be good, but that doesnt say Seasonic is bad. Seasonic PSUs seems to be even better in most cases. Check for yourselves. Check the complete loat tests, efficiency at each load levels, and the ripples, and then decide. Dont jusy go blindly for the TP 650 for whatever prices.

here goes the review of the big brother of the Tp650, ie the Tp750 : Antec TruePower New 750 W (TP-750) Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets

and for the Seasonic S12II 750: Seasonic S12D 750 W Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets

The one which is sold for 6.6k here are the SS-850AT, which is even better than the S12II and has even better efficiency.

@Op

grab either the Seasonic SS-750JS or the SS-850AT. You wont go wrong with either of these. Both has excellent vfm, and has 5 years warranty too.

seasonic is among the world leaders in power supply market so there is no doubt that it is good but i opting for antec as it is modular

although i did not like the seasonic SS-750JS much

the S12II series power supplies are amazing but hard to find

if the s12d 750 watt supply was available i would have grabbed it right away

yehh dude after watching from above i would go for seasonic s12d 750 w

as you can see s12d gives

Measured maximum power: 905.8 W at 47.1º C.

and tp 50 gives

Measured maximum power: 919.4 W at 45.8º C

less temp

and seasonic give 85%efficiency at full load while antec gives only 82%

i also have to buy psu as you can see mine thread also in that forum

go for seasonic eyes closed.....

let me know where are you going to get it from

But unfortunately Corsair TX (old one) series doesnt live upto the hype.

check this

Corsair TX750W Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets

efficiency is low on average and even lower than 80 at times. Also the ripple is too much which is enough to cause unstability on extreme OC. Higher the OC, the purer(without ripple/noise) the power needs to be.

The newer TX 750 V2 is lot better and has much better efficiency, and the noise is really really impressive.

Corsair TX750 V2 Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets

So choose either the Seasonic SS-750JS/SS-850AT or the TX 750 V2, whichever is cheaper and easier to procure. And remember, that Seasonic review was that of a bronze S12II, and the SS is better in every factor than that. :)

dOm1naTOr said:
But unfortunately Corsair TX (old one) series doesnt live upto the hype.

check this

Corsair TX750W Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets

efficiency is low on average and even lower than 80 at times. Also the ripple is too much which is enough to cause unstability on extreme OC. Higher the OC, the purer(without ripple/noise) the power needs to be.

The newer TX 750 V2 is lot better and has much better efficiency, and the noise is really really impressive.

Corsair TX750 V2 Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets

So choose either the Seasonic SS-750JS/SS-850AT or the TX 750 V2, whichever is cheaper and easier to procure. And remember, that Seasonic review was that of a bronze S12II, and the SS is better in every factor than that. :)
thanks for the information dude

tx 750 v2 is a really nice power supply but i guess it is not available in india

and ss750js is like my last option

i will go for it only because i will be left with no choice

Its the best you can get in India for that budget. If you have higher budget, think none other than the SS850JS, as PSU has max efficiency when loaded to 40~60% of its rated power. So incase your system tax 400~450W avg, then the SS 850JS will show better efficiency, as it falls b/w 40~60% load, where its above 60% load for the SS 750 JS, so a reduction of 3~4% efficiency from its very best is inevitable. Also the ripple factor too is best at that specified load levels, better for you expensive PC components. So always higher rated PSU is better, after considering all other major factors like efficiency, ripple, Delta Temperature, Power factor etc.

zero_cool said:
thanks for the information dude

tx 750 v2 is a really nice power supply but i guess it is not available in india

and ss750js is like my last option

i will go for it only because i will be left with no choice

so antec is out from the war......

i only doesnt like seasonic ss750 because of its back fan...

looks cheapo like 500Rs local one:p

But your wrong mate I am using it o sandy 2500k with 5870 and I can say the PSU is ultra quite .. while unboxing the fan pissed me off ...but the performance and Low Sound level of the PSU is damn impressing :) .atleast far ahead of the GX550 i used to have .

SeaSonic SS-750JS (750W)

A small review on the product .. Came in the same white box as given in picture :) .

Its the best you can get in India for that budget. If you have higher budget, think none other than the SS850JS, as PSU has max efficiency when loaded to 40~60% of its rated power. So incase your system tax 400~450W avg, then the SS 850JS will show better efficiency, as it falls b/w 40~60% load, where its above 60% load for the SS 750 JS, so a reduction of 3~4% efficiency from its very best is inevitable. Also the ripple factor too is best at that specified load levels, better for you expensive PC components. So always higher rated PSU is better, after considering all other major factors like efficiency, ripple, Delta Temperature, Power factor etc.

wow
now this piece of information made me change my mind again :p

so antec is out from the war......
i only doesnt like seasonic ss750 because of its back fan...
looks cheapo like 500Rs local one

i second that dude
that is one thing i seriously hate about it and also makes me wonder if it really is of high quality

But your wrong mate I am using it o sandy 2500k with 5870 and I can say the PSU is ultra quite .. while unboxing the fan pissed me off ...but the performance and Low Sound level of the PSU is damn impressing .atleast far ahead of the GX550 i used to have .
SeaSonic SS-750JS (750W)

A small review on the product .. Came in the same white box as given in picture .

gx550 would have been pushed to its limit in your system

how many years warranty did you get on this one

and isnt your card 5770

so dude which 1 u'll buy let me know i also hv to buy psu next week

so dude which 1 u'll buy let me know i also hv to buy psu next week

sure thing

i will let you guys know as soon as i am done with my purchase

zero_cool said:
wow

now this piece of information made me change my mind again :p

i second that dude

that is one thing i seriously hate about it and also makes me wonder if it really is of high quality

gx550 would have been pushed to its limit in your system

how many years warranty did you get on this one

and isnt your card 5770
Well currently I am using a HD5870 which belongs to a friend... but on GX550 i was using Q8300 + HD5770 :) . But trust me this PSU is just too awesome :) . I got 5 years warranty on this :) as well .

Well i already explained what matters while buying a PSU here http://www.techenclave.com/pc-perip...rsair-tx650w-seasonic-189154.html#post1789496

I also recommended Antec for various reasons, which you must compare with other PSU's, you can get the unit for around 6200/- if you really try, since i was in a hurry i couldn't/didn't bargain much, it's the most Value For Money Option in my opinion considering the prices of similar PSU's of other companies.

One thing to mention here is that Seasonic makes a lot of PSU's for Lots of companies including Antec, the Tp650 is also basically a Seasonic Unit, but it also depends on the company itself as to what kind of product they want to manufacture and what margins of profit are they looking at and this is where the cost reduction at the rate of quality of parts becomes a factor, Seasonic's X-series is really the best quality product, rest all have had some kind of cost rectification done to them to provide higher profits on which front the quality of parts used take the major burden. In retrospective Antec in it's TP650w unit has used Japanese Capacitor(Nippon Chemi Con capacitor), which are world renowned for their quality, which gives an indiciation as to what kind of quality they have used for the parts. The cables are all fully sleeved, with a semi modular design and ampful amount of connectors for any kind of build.

Lastly you can check and compare the reviews for the PSU's you have decided upon to reach a conclusion. Here is one for you to start Antec TruePower New 650W Power Supply Review | KitGuru

All this BullSh1t of Gold, Silver, Bronze rated efficiency propogated by companies is highly overrated and is just a means for the companies to extract more money out of gullible customers, The real factors that determine a good PSU are different as was already explained in my earlier post.

Rest Sir is your choice after all.

Well i already explained what matters while buying a PSU here Which one is better choice? Corsair TX650w or Seasonic 750W SS-750JS

I also recommended Antec for various reasons, which you must compare with other PSU's, you can get the unit for around 6200/- if you really try, since i was in a hurry i couldn't/didn't bargain much, it's the most Value For Money Option in my opinion considering the prices of similar PSU's of other companies.

One thing to mention here is that Seasonic makes a lot of PSU's for Lots of companies including Antec, the Tp650 is also basically a Seasonic Unit, but it also depends on the company itself as to what kind of product they want to manufacture and what margins of profit are they looking at and this is where the cost reduction at the rate of quality of parts becomes a factor, Seasonic's X-series is really the best quality product, rest all have had some kind of cost rectification done to them to provide higher profits on which front the quality of parts used take the major burden. In retrospective Antec in it's TP650w unit has used Japanese Capacitor(Nippon Chemi Con capacitor), which are world renowned for their quality, which gives an indiciation as to what kind of quality they have used for the parts. The cables are all fully sleeved, with a semi modular design and ampful amount of connectors for any kind of build.

Lastly you can check and compare the reviews for the PSU's you have decided upon to reach a conclusion. Here is one for you to start Antec TruePower New 650W Power Supply Review | KitGuru

All this BullSh1t of Gold, Silver, Bronze rated efficiency propogated by companies is highly overrated and is just a means for the companies to extract more money out of gullible customers, The real factors that determine a good PSU are different as was already explained in my earlier post.

Rest Sir is your choice after all.

thanks for the information gurpreet

your opinion always helps

now my last option has been used

just got off from a call with the distributors

they can provide me a tp650 for 6750 bucks

i feel it is still way too costly considering even it depot sells it at 6500 bucks

i will be mostly making my purchase today

need opinions on which one do i pick

ss750js at 5400

tp650 for 6750

tx 750 for 6200

tx 650 for 5600

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

my rig is

i5 2500

gigabyte ud3r

2 sticks of ram

gtx 460 overclocked

4-5 fans

1 led fan

3 hard disks

1 optical drive

need your opinions fast guys

@zero_cool

get the ss750js eyes closed. It seems its the most vfm one too, and check its reviews. It uses all Japanese caps, and all the components quality is top notch, and one unit cant produce pure output, ie least noise and higher efficiency unless it has real good quality components inside. manufacturers cant fool us by cheap components yet, 85+ efficiency and clean noise less output. Think buddy :)

If the TX version you are referring here is the version 2 one, confirm positiviely before jumping in, then i would say to go for the Corsair TX one,750 is a huge huge overkill, your system wouldn't even extract 350w of power and 750 at 85% efficiency is almost double, i would say 650w is the range you should go for, and save the extra cash.

Now do confirm that the TX unit is the revised version that is v2 as the earlier versions are not recommended at any cost, i got into a huge fight with Lynx dealer Amarbir for this itself, so it's a complete and utter NO to the earlier versions of Corsair units.

If they are the revised one's grab the 650w, since 750w is just plain foolishness considering the rig you are going for.

I just got the Antec unit for 6500/- without any bargain, i was quoted 6200 including shipping and with 5% taxes the total coame out to be 6500. Mr. Vitrag bhandari i suppose was the person I talked to and they shipped it through Blue dart AIR and i got the unit within 2 days flat. So either you have been talking to the wrong guy, or the wrong distributors, u can try mailing at info@hdigitallifestyle.com and try again.

As I said earlier Seasnic makes the PSU's for a lot of companies including Antec, Corsair and many many more, So you really can't go wrong with a Seasonic unit but the wattage you are going for is a huge overkill. I haven't looked at the Seasonic 650w SS, i even't don't know if they make one, but if it's like it's older brother in all respects then i would suggest getting the 650 one, or even try looking if 550w is available and what are the reviews for it. will save you money because with the config you are telling me even 650w is an overkill (unless you are thinking of going Sli or Xfire in the future) I would say go for the lower power rating unit and invest the money on another GPU, would give you one hell of a rig, 500 - 550w unit should be the ideal one for you if you don't plan on going SLI or Xfire.

If the TX version you are referring here is the version 2 one, confirm positiviely before jumping in, then i would say to go for the Corsair TX one,750 is a huge huge overkill, your system wouldn't even extract 350w of power and 750 at 85% efficiency is almost double, i would say 650w is the range you should go for, and save the extra cash.

Now do confirm that the TX unit is the revised version that is v2 as the earlier versions are not recommended at any cost, i got into a huge fight with Lynx dealer Amarbir for this itself, so it's a complete and utter NO to the earlier versions of Corsair units.

If they are the revised one's grab the 650w, since 750w is just plain foolishness considering the rig you are going for.

I just got the Antec unit for 6500/- without any bargain, i was quoted 6200 including shipping and with 5% taxes the total coame out to be 6500. Mr. Vitrag bhandari i suppose was the person I talked to and they shipped it through Blue dart AIR and i got the unit within 2 days flat. So either you have been talking to the wrong guy, or the wrong distributors, u can try mailing at info@hdigitallifestyle.com and try again.

As I said earlier Seasnic makes the PSU's for a lot of companies including Antec, Corsair and many many more, So you really can't go wrong with a Seasonic unit but the wattage you are going for is a huge overkill. I haven't looked at the Seasonic 650w SS, i even't don't know if they make one, but if it's like it's older brother in all respects then i would suggest getting the 650 one, or even try looking if 550w is available and what are the reviews for it. will save you money because with the config you are telling me even 650w is an overkill (unless you are thinking of going Sli or Xfire) I would say go for the lower power rating unit and invest the money on another GPU, would give you one hell of a rig, 500 - 550w unit should be the ideal one for you if you don't plan on going SLI or Xfire.

i know 750 will be a overkill but i really dont have a option at the moment

the tx series is the old one

v2 is not available in india

and i did mail to hdigital and this is the reply that i got

antec tp650 for 6750 bucks

@zero_cool

get the ss750js eyes closed. It seems its the most vfm one too, and check its reviews. It uses all Japanese caps, and all the components quality is top notch, and one unit cant produce pure output, ie least noise and higher efficiency unless it has real good quality components inside. manufacturers cant fool us by cheap components yet, 85+ efficiency and clean noise less output. Think buddy

thanks mate

that seems to the only sensible option left with me

get a corsair tx750 by spending xtra 200

turns out the days of this power supply are over

and the newer v2 version is not available

Hmm... try givng reference to me, i will PM you my email ID and tell them that I recommended the unit and you gave the unit at 6500 to me, then why is there such a price difference ?

Or better yet You can try and say that I said that the unit is for 6200, which was the price I got but taxes were levied later on, and you can act dumb afterwards if they don't go beyond 6500, but i believe 6500 is the minimum price you should aim for with TP650 since i got it for 6500, even distributors have huge margins over the products they import. Worth giving a shot IMO.

The reason i am not saying anything about the Seasonic SS units is that i have seen atleast 2 units fail DOA in this forum itself, you can check the ITwares Seasonic PSU thread to confirm, and i do believe you get what you pay for, a 750w unit for 5400 rings bells in my mind. There are differences in what a company predicts as profits for it's products but there isn't this much of a difference, and that should immediatley alert you that something is amiss here. Try searching other forums and if people have reported same problems with the Seasonic SS Units, would give you a rough idea of what it's quality is like and then you can evaluate if it truly is VFM. Cos there is a big difference in being a VFM option and One seeming like one.

I might add here that you must consider that a good design with bad caps would serve you well rather than a bad design of PSu with good caps, so the design of PSu, soldering used is also a factor and this is the reason why some units while look good on paper, fail within an year of their use. So I would recommend checking out some more forums like OCN etc. to check with the owners as to what kind of performance they are getting from that particular unit.

Also check out Antec High Current Gamer 620w, i haven't evaluated it personally but this one is available with hdigitallifestyle, also check out the Corsair HX650w units' if they are available ?

Another option is Seasonic S12II / M12II 620w http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/05/18/seasonic_m12ii620_power_supply_review

preet27 said:
Hmm... try givng reference to me, i will PM you my email ID and tell them that I recommended the unit and you gave the unit at 6500 to me, then why is there such a price difference ?
dude thanks for your help but i dont have much time in my hands

lets see

if i dont buy it today then i might opt for this option

i tried the 6200 trick

it did not work

i also told them that it is available for just 6500 on it depot despite it depot being a retailer

and you are charging me 6750 for it

but still they were pretty adamant

the concerned person did not reply to my query until i wrote to him for the second time

Back