PC Peripherals Which one is a better choice - Corsair TX650w or Seasonic 750W SS-750JS ?

Crazy_Eddy said:
I am genuinely curious about the TX650 failing and it being pulled off the shelf. Can you post some credible links to this info?

I was under the (wrong?) impression that the V2 is more a series refresh, since the original TX650 unit is more than 3 yrs old.

Was it not the TX650 rev2 which faced the flak out on JG. Apparently they made some critical changes and did not notify the public.

I Agree, me included wanted the COrsair HX650 unit but it wasn't available anywhere, The sleeving job on the cables makes it a PITA to do any kind of cable management, had a tough time myself getting all the cables in order, it's a semi modular PSU.

On another note the amount of connectors are more than enough for any kind of build, really well packed in terms of connectors and options.

@OP I think there is ampful amount of info on these pages for you to read out reviews and understand what they are trying to say, Check out the reviews for the unit u are looking at, there are quite a lot of them for the said unit and take a calculated decision.

the cable management is horrible

the cords are soo bloody stiff

this is without doubt the messiest modular power supply i have ever seen

if it was possible i would have cut a couple of cords right away

Crazy_Eddy said:
- The Seasonic S12II 620 is apparently a slightly updated S12II design called 'S12II Bronze'. Reviews look good. The 520W version is also from this newer S12II Bronze series : Seasonic S12 II Bronze 520W Review . How much are you getting it for?

- The Antec TP-650 is based off the better Seasonic M12D design. However ripple on both this and the earlier S12II Bronze seem to stay within <25mV, so both seem fine.

- The Corsair TX650 is a tweaked S12II design. Yes it is a slightly dated design, but its not bad.

Pick whichever one has good support in your area.

- The Seasonic SS-750JS looks to be a budget design just below the S12II, so you might as well get the S12II itself.
The SS-850AT is a different series and a different story - its what the newer Corsair TX V2s are based on. But obviously its overkill for your needs, unless you're able to find a Corsair TX V2 here.

I am getting it for 5,000-5,100 rupees. Isn't it a very good price for such a PSU?

^If you were referring to the S12 II Bronze 520W it is definitely a decent price. Now look no further and get one already! :p

Customer service for Seasonic is dealt by Tirupati Enterprises in the country and they've been very professional in this field. I've personally had a first-hand experience and can definitely vouch for them.

zero_cool said:
the cable management is horrible

the cords are soo bloody stiff
this is without doubt the messiest modular power supply i have ever seen

if it was possible i would have cut a couple of cords right away

The problem is with the sleeving job, the braided sleeve used for sleeving is a very tough one, and that is what is making it so hard to manage.

I am personally going to replace the stock sleeves with a better custom one's at a later stage. My cabinet made it a little easier for me to get the cable managed properly, but still was very hard to mould them in an organised manner.

Gannu said:
^If you were referring to the S12 II Bronze 520W it is definitely a decent price. Now look no further and get one already! :p

Customer service for Seasonic is dealt by Tirupati Enterprises in the country and they've been very professional in this field. I've personally had a first-hand experience and can definitely vouch for them.

Nope.. Brother.. i am talking about the S12 II Bronze 620w one. It's price is 5,100 rupess. :D

asingh said:
Was it not the TX650 rev2 which faced the flak out on JG. Apparently they made some critical changes and did not notify the public.

The unofficial V2s generated flak. So after all the 'oh no corsair is secretly changing OEMs and probably cutting costs' hue and cry, they've decided to make official version changes each time they changed something, hence the V2 this time. AFAIK the TX series is actually in its 3rd gen :p

Back