Willing to source stuff from US...

Baasha what happens if the stuff gets stuck at the customs. Its not easy to slip the customs when bringing in stuff worth so much. Cause in case such a thing happens the custom people can be a real pain in the backside ! Even i was thinking about Opteron 165 and A Xfi but 15% + shipping, handling frm newegg and Shipping in india would cost a bit. So price would come to the price of a Opteron 165 in india with warranty. Same is the case with the XFi. Now if by chance this get stuck @ the customs there will be a huge problem. Imho work out a alternative for the custom hassles before accepting payments.

Let me know if you have something worked out for this.

thanks blade for bringing that point up .. baasha please clarify what will be done if we have any customs trouble.

hey man forgot to addd

can ya get a xp120 or a si 120 for me..

i dunno which one is better since i got a 3000+ .. and cant seem to get xp 90 on newegg

One of my frnds is coming down from US during March end, 27 march to be precise(atleast as of now)...
I'm askiing to buy stuff for me and willing to ask him to get some stuff for other TE members as well

Spoke to my frnd..he says he has no problem in bringing stuff, but he wants to limit it to like one no. per item

guys, please read my first post carefully..
i'm not getting anything shipped to India..anybody can do that, u dont need me for that..
my frnd is coming down and hence the thread..

moreover, Its not like i'm ordering thousands of dollars worth of stuff..its only one item of each kind...i'll most probably ask him to get some RAM and a HS..nuthng much..the orders that others have confirmed so far are not much, no high value items yet..

Rest assured, my frnd doesnt wanna get into any customs hassles himself and he'll make sure he is not bringing too much stuff into the country...hell, i dont want him to get into any trouble and any1 on TE to lose their money..
i've asked him to confirm the items for sure before i can commit to any1 over here...and i've asked him to ask some of his colleagues as to how much stuff is safe to bring in..

if u guys think that i'm some kinda dealer/trader and doing this only for money then u guys are wrong..as far as the profit part is concerned,i wanted to keep some incentive for my frnd and myself and i dont think theres anything wrong in that..neither do i think that 15% is too much..

hope this clears some of the doubts :)

@chic
dude, SI-120 may not be possible cos i'm already gettin one for x86 and my frnd might get one for himself..
i dont wanna ask him to bring in too many items of the same product..

baasha said:
guys, please read my first post carefully..
i'm not getting anything shipped to India..anybody can do that, u dont need me for that..
my frnd is coming down and hence the thread..

moreover, Its not like i'm ordering thousands of dollars worth of stuff..its only one item of each kind...i'll most probably ask him to get some RAM and a HS..nuthng much..the orders that others have confirmed so far are not much, no high value items yet..

Rest assured, my frnd doesnt wanna get into any customs hassles himself and he'll make sure he is not bringing too much stuff into the country...hell, i dont want him to get into any trouble and any1 on TE to lose their money..
i've asked him to confirm the items for sure before i can commit to any1 over here...and i've asked him to ask some of his colleagues as to how much stuff is safe to bring in..

if u guys think that i'm some kinda dealer/trader and doing this only for money then u guys are wrong..as far as the profit part is concerned,i wanted to keep some incentive for my frnd and myself and i dont think theres anything wrong in that..neither do i think that 15% is too much..

hope this clears some of the doubts :)

small supposedly useless looking things wont matter much, like RAM, heatsinks, fans, ccfls and the likes

but when u bring gfx cards and cpus, then it will definetly catch their eye, gfx card coz the pic on the card and text ( bla bla, best gaming performance, something like that and also the funky looking gfx on the box) and ofcource cpu toh they know thanks to the good ole advts of Intel Inside, doctor bangaye lol...

so keep this in mind...

@baasha

dude dont get us wrong .. we dont think u r some dealer or u r doing it just for the money .. its better to gets things clarified rather than have doubts in your mind .. anyways thanks for the info .. as i said earlier ill confirm by march 10th for the gpu.

@rave
dude, u r right abt the CPUs and GFX cards part..
the first thing i did in the thread was to ask every1 as to wat and how much is safe to bring in from there..
the general consensus was that one qty of each type of item is safe to bring in..and i had no intention of taking more than one order for a GFX card or CPU in the first place..

moreover last month i got another frnd of mine to get me a AIW X800XT, MX-518, Zalman GPU cooler and a MP3 player..he had no trouble bringing it thru..
so, i think i have kept in mind all the doubts raised here so far..anything else, plz let me know

@mohit
No hard feelings dude :)

thers another good way 2 bring cpu throw away the boxes and bring only the cpu.. i guess its a nice way. :)

^^ i don't think so ..... baasha if u can get me a NV silencer rev3 ..... please PM me or add me on yahoo .....

no probs..... I guess he should not have any probs..... yours will be the only NV Silencer he will be getting.....

All the best....

Back