Windows 7 RC Observations & Screenshots

Same here, constant updates RC is stable. No probs till now.

himanshuaieee said:
Kool....But I will wait for the full realease....I am good with 7100 for now....

Though I continously update it..

im gonna wait for final release too. no use to keep on installing and uninstalling.

also ram consumption depends on how much memory you have. i have 2gb and ram consumption is 850mb right now with firefox open, WMP running in background, 3 messengers running. :)

A friend had vista installed in her lappy in the UK. She finally got windows 7 installed. Her lappy had a mind of its own, after windows 7 installed its running awesome! her net speed now:

:cool2:

captureryj.jpg

:S

Rockfella said:
A friend had vista installed in her lappy in the UK. She finally got windows 7 installed. Her lappy had a mind of its own, after windows 7 installed its running awesome! her net speed now:

:cool2:

captureryj.jpg

:S

Wow man.,..... Thats awwesome download speed dude!!!:clap:

IF Indian ISP Has provided that speeds!!! Sad we get such low speeds only..

nightwing892001 said:
Has anyone tried some games in the 7? Do they work fine? I was thinking of playing FEAR 2.

Counter Strike doesn work in Windows 7 :( Had to do a HELL lot of tweaking in registry before it runs well. Also it needs DEP to be turned off.

Following games I've been playing under Win7 and all working just fine...

Quake 3 Arena, Quake4, Half-Life 2, Gears of War, NFS Most Wanted, Prince of Persia 4.

amol_cool said:
Counter Strike doesn work in Windows 7 :( Had to do a HELL lot of tweaking in registry before it runs well. Also it needs DEP to be turned off.

Working fine for me. . no issues AT ALL !

because the RC itself will still be active for many more months to come? i certainly will continue to use it til it starts the naggings :p

avtar said:
since the RTM has hit, why is this topic still active? =P

Because, regular users cannot use RTM with RC keys. So many people will still continue using RC version for free, at least for year... as Vishal mentioned. :)

One of the best things I've liked in Win 7 is the shortcut keys.

Win + down arrow minimises the window, similarly Win + left/right aligns half of the active window to the left/right side and Win + up arrow maximises the window.

Also Shift + Click on any Application on the taskbar opens a new window of the Application. For ex Shift + Clicking on the excel shortcut opens a new Excel Blank Spreadsheet.

^ Yep... the UI is more interactive and in good, productive way.

The same Shift + Click operation can be done using middle-click on mouse. Middle click on application icon in taskbar and it will spawn another instance of the application. Hold your mouse on the app icon on taskbar and it will show thumbnail preview, now middle-click on the any of the thumbnail to close that window. :)

Hmmm. thanks for the info dude...

Didnt knew about these skts...

Though alignment thing I heard recently through one of Windeows 7 demo video..

Also to add the show desktop is present on rightmost of taskbar.....

And just hovering onto it shows the view of you walppaer and desk...

And removing it restores back yo original

TheBroker said:
One of the best things I've liked in Win 7 is the shortcut keys.

Win + down arrow minimises the window, similarly Win + left/right aligns half of the active window to the left/right side and Win + up arrow maximises the window.

Also Shift + Click on any Application on the taskbar opens a new window of the Application. For ex Shift + Clicking on the excel shortcut opens a new Excel Blank Spreadsheet.

I had seen those shortcuts on some website. Just look in the help file for shortcuts.

Some cool ones

Win + Spacebar - Previews desktop/ Equivalent to the preview desktop thing on right

Win + Number - Opens the application that's pinned to ur taskbar. Add a shift and it opens a new instance of the program...

Win + P - Opens the projector options

Back