Windows 7 RC Observations & Screenshots

hey guys can anyone tell me how to trick windows 7 into using 7.1 channel audio i have 5.1 channel audio but if i select 5.1 surround in the CP the side left and right arent getting detected so iam actaully getting sound out of 3 speakers only that is the the middle one the front left and right and the woofer this problem can be solved if 7.1 channel is selected so can anyone help me please :(

Rockfella said:
I am back on XP.. found 7 to be somewhat sluggish as compared to XP :p

Lol that's weird! It might be the measly 2 GB RAM of yours that's probably resulting in the so called sluggishness!

On topic, I installed Win 7 RC7100 32bit on the Intel Atom platform (not the dual core one!) and all's well. It's just meant to serve as a download cum browsing rig. I cant get to find/install the graphics driver for this board.

I tried online and downloaded the Vista 32bit version for the Atom platform and ran it in the compatibility mode for Vista 32bit (which otherwise refuses to install!) but the problem is not solved yet. The max. resolution I can set is only 1600 x 1200 on my 24incher which's supposed to support 1920x1200 otherwise. In short, graphics driver's not installed yet.

Is anyone here running Win 7 on the Intel Atom? :huh:

I would not want to install the age old XP. I'd rather try a shot at some Linux distro instead. :p

^Just a possibility like I said. Cos the 64bit 7057 coupled with 4 gigs of RAM showed Vista 64, the way to the bin! :p

Rockfella said:
I am back on XP.. found 7 to be somewhat sluggish as compared to XP :p

Ditto...
+
I wud rather wait for Win7 full support by all the basic necessity softwares.

And those who want to use their 4Giga+ of ram can stay happy about the great vista 64bit (after SP2 :) )

^^Yeah, and your setup is the standard for all hardware/ software setups all around the world.

@Gannu, u're running a 24" on an atom setup??? Does it support 1920 on XP?

I'm running build 7231 and I'm really surprised at how good its become! There is a marked improvement over the official RC and it runs real smooth on my slightly outdated rig. And surprisingly, with AVG free running, the memory consumption is only around 530 MB compared to the bloat that was Vista

530 MB ? :O The 7100 RC build Ive installed is using 1-1.2 GB of RAM on idle desktop or while surfing. with the aero/eye candy turned on.

Lol when was this build realeased? :ashamed:
Checksum said:
I'm running build 7231 and I'm really surprised at how good its become! There is a marked improvement over the official RC and it runs real smooth on my slightly outdated rig. And surprisingly, with AVG free running, the memory consumption is only around 530 MB compared to the bloat that was Vista

Me in same question!
FaH33m said:
530 MB ? :O The 7100 RC build Ive installed is using 1-1.2 GB of RAM on idle desktop or while surfing. with the aero/eye candy turned on.

^^ Memory consumption depends on the total amount of RAM in your system. If you have MORE RAM, your copy of win7 will use more of it for its prefetching feature.

Lol.. more ram = more money spent = :lol:
stalker said:
^^ Memory consumption depends on the total amount of RAM in your system. If you have MORE RAM, your copy of win7 will use more of it for its prefetching feature.

ok.
Checksum said:
The most recent build available is 7260. I downloaded this a couple of days back. And regarding the memory consumption, I'll post a screenshot later

^^
No for sure you cant ..... But said that....You can atleast get rid of bugs...

And morever when the the full release is coming in 3 months....Its worthless to again format your system install the new build and then again install all the application......

And again repeat the same steps for the full release!!!!

Back