Windows 7 RC Observations & Screenshots

I was busy these days so didn't got enuf time to install Win 7...now am free for sometime, so I installed Win 7 RC yesterday night....It's cool!! I'm liking the feel of working in this awesome OS...removed completely Vista from my system...now running on Win 7 RC alone.

Though I've installed it on different HDD for dual booting purposes, it's been more than a week I've logged in into XP. I've been using Win7 as primary OS for more than a week now. :)

the "Show desktop" icon is at the bottom right. ATI users were u able to install ATI drivers on windows 7 RC? Am having a hard time doing it though i dont need it but still i wanted to see. Is microsoft.net framework inbuilt in 7??? In XP it is installed seperately.

@Rockfella,
I am able to install Windows 7 drivers without a glitch. And .NET framework is dere in Windows 7.

Guys,
I am nt sure whether this is a Windows 7 issue or what, but doesn't ATI have anything similar to Dynamic Contrast Enhancement as in Nvidia Cards?

First, there is no CUDA in ATI, secondly, no Digital Vibrance, thirdly, i am not even able to find Dynamic Contrast Enhancement. I thought ATI was good compared to Nvidia but these things are marring the entire experience. :no:

Does anybody know whether this is a Windows 7 specific issue or is it with the ATI cards?

@clown_abhi:

1) You can increase saturation value from Digital Panel (DVI) 4 > Avivo Color section, it's equivalent to nVidia's Digital Vibrance.

2) If you require vibrance only in video, there is Color Vibrance slider in Avio Video > Advanced Color.

3) I'm not sure if ATi ever had Dynamic Contrast Adjustment similar to nVidia. I've never seen it though myself. Although I'm not sure why it would spoil overall experience, as Flesh Tone correction and Edge Enhancement are the two options that I use greatly and find video quality to just great. :)

Thanks for the reply buddy. :)

But the first option i can't find in Catalyst Control Center.
And Digital Vibrance is far better than the second option that is dere. Especially in games, Digital Vibrance looks too good.

Digital Contrast Enhancement is the same thing we use in WMP Classic where we change the shader option to some: 16-255 to 0-255 or something.
In Nvidia, this works for Media Center and everything that's played and makes the video looks a lot more deeper in contrast and better.
In ATI, i have to forcibly use WMC-HC since it is not dere. Even watching TV suc** without this feature. :no:

Funny... that first option is not there.

Yeah. Digital Vibrance affects the vibrance overall, while Color Vibrance option in Catalyst Control Center only effects video colors. But it's weird you can't find it.

I'm not sure ATi ever had that option (Dynamic Contrast Adjustment)... need to look into it though. I'm aware about MPC's shader color option, and yes it makes a hell of a difference in picture quality with overall contrast enhancement, but only in MPC. :)

Hopefully ATi introduces it soon, it would be great to have something like that system-wide.

I am able to find Color Vibrance but not the first thing dat u said "Digital Panel (DVI) 4 > Avivo Color".

Dnt know why ATI has not yet put Dynamic Contrast Enhancement when Nvidia already has it since long! :(

Could anyone please tell me how to get rid of the history in windows explorer address bar ?? I've disabled autocomplete and deleted all history from internet explorer but it still keeps showing up :huh:

54293851.png

Use FF or chrome.
thexfactor said:
Could anyone please tell me how to get rid of the history in windows explorer address bar ?? I've disabled autocomplete and deleted all history from internet explorer but it still keeps showing up :huh:

54293851.png

Anyone having this issue ?

Yesterday my RC updated itself with i think 8-10 updates, and since then , everytime you start the PC, the networking takes a long time to start, even if the cable is unplugged. It takes around 1-2 minutes to begin, and till then, most of the programs don't work.

i dont know whether its already answered here before or not but i m not able to use alcohol 120 on win 7, it says internal error.

i tried installing the latest version also but of no use. please help

or suggest some other software with which i can create virtual image drive to mount images. please help

using the 32 bit version of win7

Rockfella said:
Use FF or chrome.

Yaar that's windows explorer not IE :)

I used to have a batch file that I used to execute at startup with vista to get rid of the history but it doesn't work with win7.... Anyone :huh:
Edit : btw the history only contains addresses that I have typed in

Back