Windows 7 RC Observations & Screenshots

iGo said:
^ You are using pre-rc version mate... The RC is scheduled to expire on 1st June 2010. Your beta will expire soon, so I suggest you better upgrade to RC version.

I am using Build 7100 is that pre rc

i dont know...

i really dont find any diif between vista or 7.

looks the same though

only name has changed from vista to windows 7 :p

rest u people know wat has changed, how stable it is

all i know is its just working fine with my 1 gb vostro lappie

rest interface is similar to vista only!!

MohitPreet said:
...rest interface is similar to vista only!!

That means you haven't really tried out whatevers new with 7. I'm really getting used to the superbar, the new recent files system, the library management of my docs etc. etc.

Just installed 7. I'm trying to get used to the new menu system as well. One thing I noticed was that the new tabs in IE8 open much quicker in 7 than in Vista.

i m not gerttint the quick launch icons next to the windows start icon, i dont know from where to get that, tried hard in finding that.

i need that "show desktop" buuton

MohitPreet said:
i m not gerttint the quick launch icons next to the windows start icon, i dont know from where to get that, tried hard in finding that.
i need that "show desktop" buuton

Like Mohit said, you just have to hover your mouse to the extreme right of the taskbar next to time.
Adding the Quick Launch Bar Back to Windows 7

To add the toolbar back, you'll want to right-click on an open area of the taskbar, and choose Toolbars \ New Toolbar from the menu. You should probably also unlock the taskbar at this point.
Now paste the following path into the location bar:

%appdata%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
That should do it.

Add the Quick Launch Bar to the Taskbar in Windows 7 :: the How-To Geek

I have one question. I am using Windows 7 build 7000. I downloaded it via torrents. Will this version expire too? I haven't received any warnings till now. I really don't wanna upgrade unless its absolutely necessary.

Bluffmaster said:
I have one question. I am using Windows 7 build 7000. I downloaded it via torrents. Will this version expire too? I haven't received any warnings till now. I really don't wanna upgrade unless its absolutely necessary.

From the MS Website:

The RC will expire June 1, 2010, and the bi-hourly shutdowns will begin on March 1, 2010. In both cases, you’ll need to rebuild your test PC to replace the OS and reinstall all your programs and data.

build 7000 not equal to RC.

build 7100 = RC

@bluffy - most probably the beta you downloaded will expire on the scheduled date

Bluffmaster said:

Build 7000 expires August 1st, 2009.

@Delguy: If your build is 7100, then it's RC. In that case it WON'T expire till 1st June 2010. So relax. Only the beta builds, before RC (pre-7100 builds) will expire this year.

Bluffmaster said:
Like Mohit said, you just have to hover your mouse to the extreme right of the taskbar next to time.
Adding the Quick Launch Bar Back to Windows 7

To add the toolbar back, you'll want to right-click on an open area of the taskbar, and choose Toolbars \ New Toolbar from the menu. You should probably also unlock the taskbar at this point.
Now paste the following path into the location bar:
That should do it.

Add the Quick Launch Bar to the Taskbar in Windows 7 :: the How-To Geek

thanks for this great info
repped

K.... I am using Windows 7 7100 RC x64.....
I am not able to install Deamonn Tool..... As SPDIF driver is not getting installed/...... Any solution or alternate option of software please....:huh:

Actually I have some Image of Games here and I am not able to install them......
So I really need a help here please..

himanshuaieee said:
K.... I am using Windows 7 7100 RC x64.....

I am not able to install Deamonn Tool..... As SPDIF driver is not getting installed/...... Any solution or alternate option of software please....:huh:

Actually I have some Image of Games here and I am not able to install them......

So I really need a help here please..

I think virtual clone drive is what I am using at home (am at work, so will go home and post, if someone else hasn't by then).

I also remember reading that there is a version of Daemon out that works on Win7. Have you tried the latest version?

Back