Windows Vista To Power Up Indian Railways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dark Star said:
Huh.. That was my mistake not Linux. :S Also I could have taken the backup but I don't have any option to take backups :|

They could have chosen Red Hat and Novell or Canonical high end offering no need to run here and there .. The just wasted time money for nothing :p Hat's of Kerala and South Govt. for making the right choice :D

Support.. :rofl: have you ever received any kind of support from MS for free ?:S You just can't believe the kind of support Open Source guys offer :D

and btw will Indian railway use C2Q 9450 with 4 Gigs of Ram and 8800 GT or Intel Skulltrail ::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

When you have 12 smileys in a post you'll never be taken seriously.

EDIT: Same with you praka, you got 3 in your signature itself.

Congratulations! Mungerilal Chaddi and Baniyan co. is proud to present you with.....
sillyfanboyvi3.jpg

:hap2: :clap: :hap2: :bshit: :hap2: :clap: :hap2:

Can't go wrong with so many smileys.. I have to be right now.

I wouldn't go far on Windows vs Linux, not everyone has the "dig in and fix it" mentality. They want to use their computer, not hack with it. And that's perfectly legitimate.

I m Lalu fan :)

^but this thread is regarding India Railways.here the "dig in and fix it" thing hardly arises!they will get support also na?.

totally unjustifiable move of buying new h/w and M$ vi$ta (where $ stands for the greedy monopolist micro$oft :D ).

-----

Now ,most ppl are accustomed to window$ ecosystem .this needed to change.for that ,ppl should try using alternate OS like Linux or bsd or even mac .

@CyberJunk ,@RiO: there is no need to go for personal quotes.it shows your immaturity.

@Shashwat: Oye!dont get excited.these ppl will be trying Linux too.they are having hard time "unlearning" window$(which is mostly needed by Linux) .wish them good Luck :D as someone said Linux is NOT idiot friendly ;but will become idiot friendly with distros like Linux Mint ,Mandriva etc

If its open source and they hav to buy the support again then wats the use of going Opensource..??

Its well established that Microsoft's enterprise support has no competition, applications that ran on win95 still work on vista too..there's no way we can see the same reliablity on linux..

MS made windows from the core, everything has been well documented, while linux has bits and peices from various developers, In situation of a major failure or problem, who do u think will come out with a solution faster..

With a major company like MS there's money and reputation at stake, with railways there are lives and people's time at stake..Thus, railways can rely on MS for quick support, seeing that if it gets the blame for any mishap, there will be money and reputation at stake...
Try not to just laugh at other people's arguments, this being a forum u guys tend to ignore and make fun of useful help and guidance...Once u go into the real world u'l know how hard it is to find some quality reply to your queries...

If someone gives 3 point reply, u ignore the 2 that blast your argument off and target the third..Tells a lot about you than u think and abt your aim of posting in threads..

Party Monger said:
If its open source and they hav to buy the support again then wats the use of going Opensource..??

Its well established that Microsoft's enterprise support has no competition, applications that ran on win95 still work on vista too..there's no way we can see the same reliablity on linux..

MS made windows from the core, everything has been well documented, while linux has bits and peices from various developers, In situation of a major failure or problem, who do u think will come out with a solution faster..

With a major company like MS there's money and reputation at stake, with railways there are lives and people's time at stake..Thus, railways can rely on MS for quick support, seeing that if it gets the blame for any mishap, there will be money and reputation at stake...
Try not to just laugh at other people's arguments, this being a forum u guys tend to ignore and make fun of useful help and guidance...Once u go into the real world u'l know how hard it is to find some quality reply to your queries...

If someone gives 3 point reply, u ignore the 2 that blast your argument off and target the third..Tells a lot about you than u think and abt your aim of posting in threads..

Seriously, you sound like a MS employee here:p

in one line

Linux wins over windows due to low cost of ownership. it can do the same task in significantly lesser price;)

praka123 said:
Now ,most ppl are accustomed to window$ ecosystem .this needed to change.for that ,ppl should try using alternate OS like Linux or bsd or even mac .
Why?? With out any apparent reason..? With out any increase in productivity??
praka123 said:
as someone said Linux is NOT idiot friendly ;but will become idiot friendly with distros like Linux Mint ,Mandriva etc
Yeah not everyone gets wet dreams abt implementing commands on the command line interface for even some basic operations..:mad:

Gaurish said:
Seriously, you sound like a MS employee here:p
in one line
Linux wins over windows due to low cost of ownership. it can do the same task in significantly lesser price;)
No im not:D ..
But here u go, another way of debunking the important points..
And here, low cost of ownership is a myth. U end up on the same level..Do u think MS wil be giving railways the retail copies?? NO!!!
Being a Govt org, they will get it wayy cheaper, WITH support..
Consider, linux, they wil also hav to buy some reliable distro which comes with subscription...Works out the same
Only difference MS is more reliable thatn any other xyz linux support providing company for the reasons well described above..
Yet again im no windows lover, but hate it wen people withour reason try and tarnish the reputation of something good...
As much as i like linux, It has a long way to go..Its good as servers where the only loss will be money, here, peoples lives are at stake..:no:

Dark Star said:
What's wrong using Smilies ? @ CJ : Just shut your mouth .. just like your name your head has got junk..
Aye, why no smileys in this post?

praka123 said:
@CyberJunk ,@RiO: there is no need to go for personal quotes.it shows your immaturity.
@Shashwat: Oye!dont get excited.these ppl will be trying Linux too.they are having hard time "unlearning" window$(which is mostly needed by Linux) .wish them good Luck :D as someone said Linux is NOT idiot friendly ;but will become idiot friendly with distros like Linux Mint ,Mandriva etc
And why only smiley for him and nothing for us?

One can never have too much beer... there is no plot, railways chose Vista and a few nuts are peaced off. I'm just pulling their penguin legs. Never too busy for bashing fanboys.

There, there... no need to be snide :p. I've had a drop too much Bud Ice myself... :p
Can someone take this thread back in the right direction please :).

RiO said:
Aye, why no smileys in this post?
And why only smiley for him and nothing for us?
RiO said:
One can never have too much beer... there is no plot, railways chose Vista and a few nuts are peaced off. I'm just pulling their penguin legs. Never too busy for bashing fanboys.
Pwnage...:rofl:

praka123 said:
I think it is few M$ winblow$ fanboys who are too much pissed off!

Oh no's...Dont cry...:rofl:
We are sitting nicely with are arguments in place..Lets see some sense from you..

Shade said:
There, there... no need to be snide :p. I've had a drop too much Bud Ice myself... :p

Can someone take this thread back in the right direction please :).

That's not a snidey remark man, it's called brutal honesty... it takes me well over 15 pints to pass out, and it's just 5.20pm.

Party Monger said:
No im not:D ..

But here u go, another way of debunking the important points..
And here, low cost of ownership is a myth. U end up on the same level..Do u think MS wil be giving railways the retail copies?? NO!!!

Being a Govt org, they will get it wayy cheaper, WITH support..
Consider, linux, they wil also hav to buy some reliable distro which comes with subscription...Works out the same

Only difference MS is more reliable thatn any other xyz linux support providing company for the reasons well described above..

There is a basic difference. in Business model of two companies

1) Mircosoft - earns on sale of Software & Support

2) Linux companies like red hat - earn only on support

As much as i like linux, It has a long way to go..Its good as servers where the only loss will be money, here, peoples lives are at stake

what are you trying to say here?

Using linux would case accidents?

you may not not Linux kernel is most robust that it is used in Launching space shuttles,running Super computers

no pwnage.if you dont understands the benefits of Open Source ,it is NOT good for you.what with me? .

I think ,the problem with you kiddo's are you are thinking you are too smart?

favoring windows for what? Do you like to live under the boots of bill gates?

Do you want freedom of Open Source? if the answer is NO ,please visit this URL :

Your Freedom Needs Free Software

Dont you know that you are directly or indirectly using Linux and Open Source? (web servers ,db apps ,google and what not! apache,mysql et al) .

Do you believe supporting a monopolistic corporation which is M$haft is ,ethically correct?

Do you think bashing a community work like Open Source makes you grow one more nads?

answer me.

Regarding the FOSS philosophy :

Why Software Should Not Have Owners - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation (FSF)

@party monger :stfu boy.you dont know much ,I feel.simply locked under window$ ,nursing your winblow$ with anti-spyware ,anti-virus and what not :

Problem #2: Linux is too different from Windows

The next issue arises when people do expect Linux to be different, but find that some differences are just too radical for their liking. Probably the biggest example of this is the sheer amount of choice available to Linux users. Whereas an out-of-the-box-Windows user has the Classic or XP desktop with Wordpad, Internet Explorer, and Outlook Express installed, an out-of-the-box-Linux user has hundreds of distros to choose from, then Gnome or KDE or Fluxbox or whatever, with vi or emacs or kate, Konqueror or Opera or Firefox or Mozilla, and so on and so forth.

A Windows user isn't used to making so many choices just to get up & running. Exasperated "Does there have to be so much choice?" posts are very common.

Nobody cared to reply this -dont you know the problems of M$ eco-system that is currently here:

EULA lock ,vendor lock-in ,DRM ,software Patent and sueing ,paying royalty for crappy s/w patents hindering development of new ideas.

FOSS is not only about Free s/w but also towards a sane eco-system ,where a devel can live by coding without fear of s/w patent,sueing by monopolists etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back