Won a fridge from Coco Cola contest

Police? Are they really gonna take this seriously you think? Seems another cola scam the way we receive similar inbox scams.
no clue. I thought that would. and another coca cola scam? have they scammed before?
What evidence do you have to support your case?
Email message and text message confirming my winnings. I cannot seem to get hold of their regional manager's contact.
honestly I never thought that they would be so messed up like this. this seems like nothing less than a scam now you know. they didn't even reply to my mails. really sad.

try reddit with the facts
Thats a great idea! Thank you very much. Why didnt i think of it before. Ugh! Waited for weeks for nothing.
That's a good suggestion...
Post on /r/cocacola
I was thinking of /r/india but that sounds even better. Thanks.
Here is the record of all the mails http://imgur.com/jAfsauM
reddit thread is up
https://www.reddit.com/r/cocacola/comments/2xe6yh/coca_cola_india_won_a_coca_cola_india_lucky_draw/
mods please add the above link on the first page
Thank you.

Attachments

• mails.jpg
    mails.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Looks like a sure shot scam to me from their email address. Why company like Coca Cola would create G-Mail ID for such contests/draws? I mean they would have it on their name.

Looks like a sure shot scam to me from their email address. Why company like Coca Cola would create G-Mail ID for such contests/draws? I mean they would have it on their name.
ikr? Thats also what I thought. But why would a big reputed global acclaimed company like Coca Cola scam? Unless they say that they have no hand on it and was merely an advertisement/sponsorship by Haier. That'd be a different story. Either way I'm at a loss.

Why would the scam/spam for a fridge?

Its not a ten hundred thousand billion $ lottery that they usually say.

4:10pm today.
Update: finally got a call from Coca Cola. They apparently called my cousin (the alternate no. which I had given them) last evening as my was number wasn't working (damn Aircel network disappeared on my phone and came back online today) who called me back just a while ago. Then I called one number belonging to a Coca Cola employee (its a different personal no.) who told me about fridge and said he will get back. A minutes later i got a call from Coca Cola and the caller explained the whole situation to me. On the "scam" I told them whatever was on my mind and he apologized and assured me that it was not a scam and that I will definitely get the fridge. Its somewhere in Gurgaon right now. But he didn't answer anything about the mails and the domain issue. After a brief talk i gave him my Vodafone no. as an alternate number and he asked me if I had my legal identity proof and said he will her back to me after talking to his seniors and the legal team. No date for the delivery was given. Might be 7 days from today or 14 days or a month or another year.

Aww man, I was so looking forward to a coke fridge, you could have auctioned on eBay too.
and @Being.smart,
I don't think that its a coke fridge. expect to see a normal fridge (I mean IF i do get it) from Haier.
and oh I also asked if I could get it delivered to another address instead but he didn't say anything. only mentioned about the legal ID proof.[DOUBLEPOST=1425124449][/DOUBLEPOST]
Why would the scam/spam for a fridge?
Its not a ten hundred thousand billion $ lottery that they usually say.
copy/paste:
But I don't know what they gained from me from this? :| I did spent some hundred rupees here getting the legal documents signed but that's about it. I'm pissed though.
Spending hefty money in legal matters for a 10k fridge? No logic.
Nah that was not my intention. Just thought if i should (have) filed something like an RTE/anything to get to the bottom of this. If it was a scam then I would've helped the police unearth a scam. If not then will look for the reasons for the non-delivery of the prize.
But its Delhi police and you guys already how popular they are for all the wrong reasons.

Last edited:

I didn't update because I trusted them, again. But they called me a few weeks ago and said that I'll surely get it today, "pakka milega" so I waited. here's the number of the guy who was supposed to deliver the damn thing 09718942500. ask him.
i also realized that I made a few mistakes somewhere. I didn't even bother to check the coca cola India online for the more reliable contact online. thanks to a friend who pointed out just a while ago. I called and registered a complaint. they gave me the complaint number and said they will call back asap. it was the coca cola India consumer help. not sure if its going to help. I actually wanted to go to the police tomorrow.
I'm leaving Delhi on the 28th March. and I will leave my apartment by 25th. hoping to get some good news before I go. I need the money which I was hoping to get from selling the fridge.

Last edited:
Back