Xtreamer India - Now on TE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you restore to default settings after updating ?? you could try that then shut it down and change settings again else try the emergency firmware.

i did restore to default settings...
Finally wifi worked but extremely slow! could not play videos off youtube, nor could i stream (so clearly its as bad as not working). Apparently this issue is quite common on the new firmware (according the official Xtreamer forum, at least).
Havent tried the emergency firmware..

So i went back to firmware 1.03 and all's good once again... :) gonna wait for them to resolve this issue and then upgrade..

The technical team at Xtreamer should really work harder on resolving their WiFi issues (as it is the most important part of the product) in future firmware updates instead of adding new language support, layouts etc.

Cheeers..

^^ Xtreamer site cautions AGAINST restoring to defaults as far as ver.2.0.2 is concerned.

Quote" **Caution: Please don’t use “Restore Default” from FW V2.0 & V2.0.1, NFS shared files may be deleted if mounted with RW option** Unquote.

Could be the reason for ur problems.

I don't think thats the issue since he can see the shared files with 1.03. anyway 2.0.2 is supposed to have fixed the bugs :huh:

Xtreamer 2.0.2 release notes(from v2.0.1 patch)

Bug fixed:

1. Executing “Restore Default’ from setup menu, NFS share file deleted if there exists NFS mount shares.

2. Subtitle cut when display resolution 576p/PAL with Pan Scan 4:3 aspect ratio selected.

3. FTP server multiconnection support.

**Caution: Please don’t use “Restore Default” from FW V2.0 & V2.0.1, NFS shared files may be deleted if mounted with RW option** Unquote.

I think emergency firmware should help, since it's supposed to wipe out the old contents and perform a fresh install.

btw what network are you steaming from ?? G or N?? and you are experiencing stuttering with only HD stuff or all files ?? cos streaming 720p and SD contents is working perfectly for me even on my G network :)

im using Linksys WRT120N

its the entry level N series...

and it was stuttering streaming non HD files..

My Xtreamer has been hanging quite often off late.. im beginning to think if ive got a faulty piece.. hmm ..

well cant expect them to follow Six Sigma now can we ;)

shiv-e said:
im using Linksys WRT120N

My Xtreamer has been hanging quite often off late.. im beginning to think if ive got a faulty piece.. hmm ..

Hi.

We have sold many units to TE members some active and some just readers. Not a single complaint so far. If someone faced any problem, that was sorted out by himself with some settings change or firmware upgrade. :)

Still if you feel that your unit is faulty, feel free to send it back and if found 1% problem, we will send you replacement. :hap2:

tellanand said:
I want to buy this amazing product with wifi USB dongle. Any spl offers? :)

There is no special offer. At this price, this amazing product itself is an amazing offer. :)

shiv-e said:
im using Linksys WRT120N

Shiv-e

If the unit is faulty it won't function.Before u plan to send it back u can try few things out.

What firmware version are you using ? If you upgraded the firmware was it working fine previously ?

Are you using the wireless router in mixed mode if so please ensure you use it in single mode ? If facing issues on N try using G mode is present and test the same file out.

If you press multiple buttons or commands through the remote the unit will slow down. Also if your network is slow or the drive from which you are streaming the media is slow or in multiple use this issue can happen.

U can also try going back to 1.03 firmware and trying the same out.

I am using firmware 2.01 and it is working great without any issues.

Dushie said:
Shiv-e

If the unit is faulty it won't function.

thats incorrect - there might be many faults in the xtreamer . your definition of faulty is non working - which is like *a lemon* product

there might be minor faults which are not expected.
@Xtreamer India : what is the best way to contact you - I need to discuss a few issues with my Xtreamer.
Thanks

Please contact us at support@xtreamer.in for any issue with Xtreamer. :)

Hi.

Thank you TE members for your support. :hap2:

We would like to bring certain points to the knowledge of TE members.

As a policy, we will dispatch the product only after the funds are credited in our account.

There have been instances that people send us photoshopped online transfer acknowledgments, scanned image of cheques which were never deposited in our account and request us to dispatch the products immediately with many reason like it’s a birthday gift and if it does not reach next day, it is useless. Some say that there is a get-together on Sunday and products must reach them on or before Saturday and things like that.

There is no delay from our side. For example, yesterday, one TE members (kilroy) transferred funds at 3:30PM online and normally the products are dispatched at 3:00PM but since it was same bank transfer and funds were credited instantly, we sent the products yesterday itself and AWB No. emailed to the customer.

So, please give us the time till funds are credited in our account.

Second very important point is that now couple of customers have started to blackmail us with negative publicity. They received the products (acknowledgement with us), after using it for a couple of days, they say that they need another USB WiFi Antenna and request us to send it free and they will give very positive comments on the forum and if we refuse, they threaten us to put it on all the forums that they never received USB Antenna or Remote or whatever and Xtreamer India is not sending it. :huh:

In view of above, our request is, please do not accept the packet from courier company if it is opened or re-sealed (has not happened so far, our customers on TE can confirm) and inform us immediately so that we can take up the matter with the courier company. If you have opened the packet and found anything missing (has not happened so far, our customers on TE can confirm), please inform us immediately. If such information reaches us after 24 hours of receipt of products, we will not be able to accept any claim.

Hope TE members will understand and if you have any other suggestions for us, please let us know.

Regards.

This question i have asked few times about the fan noise whether be it on xtreamer forums or other websites but none have given me satisfactory answers.I want to buy one but what is preventing me is the issue regarding fan noise ,is it audible while watching movies in a quiet environment.Some say its audible ,some say its not.

kamal12341 said:
This question i have asked few times about the fan noise whether be it on xtreamer forums or other websites but none have given me satisfactory answers.I want to buy one but what is preventing me is the issue regarding fan noise ,is it audible while watching movies in a quiet environment.Some say its audible ,some say its not.
Look at what this kids doing to his xtreamer
MPC Club Community Board - View Single Post - Fan Modding with Xtreamer

kamal12341 said:

From my experience, it is not audible. My viewing distance is 8-10 feet, if that matters... The fan setting is medium.

Yep not audible for me too (at medium settings, about 8ft away), infact my ceiling fan and AC make more noise, most of the people complaining must be audiophiles with really silent rooms, I guess :ashamed:

sorry not enough quantity of eTRAYz expected. So no offers. :)

We will be able to provide eTRAYz only to our customers who booked it in pre-order.

Isn't it a good offer that we arranged for our Indian customers that they can buy it @59 Euros. Nobody, in the world other xtreamer.net direct customers, could avail this offer but Xtreamer India's customers still have this option to buy eTRAYz @59 Euros. :hap2:

@Xtreamer India - when it asks for order number while booking etrayz : what exactly do we enter - a step by step guide with the order page and screenshots will be really helpful!!

also, on the issues note - havent had time to compile and send my mail to the support inbox; will do so soon; plan to eliminate all permutations before that.
thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back