Your Experience with OLX/Quikr?

good point raised. better would be to get a friend accompany you. most of the times people do so in a hand-to-hand deal. and rightly, people should plan well on what location to choose. if somehow that couldn't be done, it would be good to meet at a crowded place (with enclosed sides, for e.g., a railway-station overbridge), where breaking away would be difficult.
Waiting room of a police station :D

In front is no good has to be inside. Otherwise any place with a CCTV (that works).

the police-personnel from that station themselves work as CCTVs; they much prefer sitting on chairs outside the station for most of the time. :p

Last edited:
More opinion on these 2 websites...

Olx has this show the location on map feature which is very good. Gives an idea to the buyer where the product is located. The "print flyer" is also good, although i think no one will use it much. On top of that in mobile, one can do a "around me" thing which is also very good and olx does not solicit any sort of premium ads or pestering to download their app on the mobile. The interface is clean and easy to understand.

Quikr on the other hand has no such features and also has this premium ad feature and all (which may be good to some). Also it by default has a tick over the "alert me when someone searches for X product category", this really is bugging most of the times. You can opt out at the time of posting the ad, but i think it should be opt in.
The category selection is in pathetic format.
Constantly SMSes to download app, even after i downloaded.

Also i got all replies for my ads on olx and received no replies from someone who had seen the ad on quikr. I think i am sticking to olx more but just to enable wider view of my sale, i will use both.

Anyone knows how much time it takes for an ad to become active on quikr ?
I put an ad in morning but it is still not active. No idea why.

I think they manually approve the Ads. And considering it was a Sunday, there might have been delays. Should go live by tomorrow.

Have put few things to sell on Olx and one reply I received...

Yes.... you will send the item to my cousin address and i will pay you the total amount for it plus the shipping to my cousin address....Let me know the cost for the item and the shipping via Local Post to my cousin address below....

NAME..Sam Collins B
ADDRESS..Faculty of Education, UI
State:Oyo State
CITY:Ibadan
ZIPCODE..23402
COUNTRY ...Nigeria
Mobile #....07053982488

I can transfer the money to your Bank Account Below or you send me a Paypal Payment Request to soulminded24@live.com so that i can proceed with the payment..

Bank Name...
Bank Address...
Account Name...
Account Number.
Email Address.
IFSC Code....

Hear from you soon... So we can End the transaction as soon as possible with no delay

Regards

LOL

Another gem of a reply i got on quikr...
I am kumar i am from Bangalore in India But now i am in London. i was searching and i found out that your item is in a good condition. I want to buy your item please let me know the cost and every other thing i need to know,how can i pay your money send me an email to my email address.

The funny part is that i have received the EXACT same reply thrice before for different listings and each time the email id and name of the person was different and rest all details like Bangalore and London are same. :p

Another gem of a reply i got on quikr...

The funny part is that i have received the EXACT same reply thrice before for different listings and each time the email id and name of the person was different and rest all details like Bangalore and London are same. :p

:D
i think it was this Lord Kumar only who had graced me with his noble proposition of gifting her daughter in the US with my product.

P.S. - This title has to be the most used-abused surname in the country!

I am facing an issue with olx description editor when posting an ad.
I format the ad properly using bullets and all and as soon as i tab out / or click outside using mouse, all the formatting goes away and everything comes as a giant paragraph messing up everything.
Anyone faced this issue ?

I am facing an issue with olx description editor when posting an ad.
I format the ad properly using bullets and all and as soon as i tab out / or click outside using mouse, all the formatting goes away and everything comes as a giant paragraph messing up everything.
Anyone faced this issue ?

Yes, I had faced this issue. I had typed whole ad again and formatted to the extent possible, in which issue of line spacing still remained.

Yes, I had faced this issue. I had typed whole ad again and formatted to the extent possible, in which issue of line spacing still remained.

I have used their contact olx link and told them about it.
I know this problem was not there before, it started today or yesterday only i think.

Back