Your Gaming Backlog/Progress Report!

I finished the main story of Pokemon Scarlet on the Switch. I think it's a very strong entry in the series, graphical issues aside. After the disappointment of Sword/ Shield, I think the franchise is back on track. Still, there are some areas that can be improved (Map UI, Pokedex UI, battles etc). It took me about 35 hours and there's still a lot left to do in the game. Recommended.

Completed God of War: Ascension (PS3).

Before moving on to GoW 2018 I might play something else just to switch things up a bit since I have played GoW I, II, III and Ascension back to back! Maybe it would do a world of good for my thumb to get a little rest from all the button mashing! :p

Completed God of War: Ascension (PS3).

Before moving on to GoW 2018 I might play something else just to switch things up a bit since I have played GoW I, II, III and Ascension back to back! Maybe it would do a world of good for my thumb to get a little rest from all the button mashing! :p

The gameplay is quite different in GOD OF WAR 2018. The button mashing style of the previous games will get you killed by the first fodder enemy. Lol.

You are in for a treat with the GOW 2018.

LOBsKFj.png

This is me... Surprisingly I played very less on steam this year. Completed more games on epic store (cyberpunk), Xbox game pass pc (Guardians, Outer worlds, Dishonored DOO & currently Deathloop) & on PS4 - played God of War, Uncharted 1 & 2 & Last of Us remastered). And here I thought I am getting over gaming :p
steam recap.jpg

Been playing Diablo immortal since past few weeks...
Class : Necromancer
Have reached Paragon level 410

If I am not gonna land a 5 star legendary gem without paying money then I am gonna leave it...
dblo.jpg

I am about to start V Rising. Always loved role playng vampire games - modded the heck out of Skyrim back in the day with that Better Vampires mod. Happy to hear if you have any recent vampire games. Excited for the new Bloodlines game too.

Completed God of War (2018) - PC.

What a massive game... 60+ hours clocked and truly cherished it.

With that I have completed GoD I, II, III, Ascension and GoW (2018) back to back!! No other game have I touched in-between. For the last few months I've completely been engrossed in the world of the Gods! But now I must finally play something else. I want to play some old PS3 classics so maybe re-play a few of them because it's been a long time since I have played those. I'll pick up GoW: Ragnarok after a few months or maybe next winter.

I am also playing Assassin's creed origins these days and currently on curse of pheroh DLC . I am on level 46 right now. I killed Phylakes after reaching level 45 lol. Tried Odyssey too till level 12 but found it lackluster in comparison to Origins.

I am also playing Assassin's creed origins these days and currently on curse of pheroh DLC . I am on level 46 right now. I killed Phylakes after reaching level 45 lol. Tried Odyssey too till level 12 but found it lackluster in comparison to Origins.
Finished Origins a few days ago. I found the game so repetitive, I got really bored by the end of it. There's absolutely no variety in the gameplay, you keep doing the exact same thing from the beginning to the end.

After I was done, I went back to Horizon Zero Dawn for a second playthrough. It's really fun.

Finished Origins a few days ago. I found the game so repetitive, I got really bored by the end of it. There's absolutely no variety in the gameplay, you keep doing the exact same thing from the beginning to the end.

After I was done, I went back to Horizon Zero Dawn for a second playthrough. It's really fun.
I also stopped playing the game halfway when I played it for the first times a few years back but second play through turned out to be awesome. This time I am on a good quality 27 inch 144 Hz display and a 3080 ti so it adds up to the experience. Last time I didn't visit many new areas which made the gameplay repetitive. This time I visited a lot of new regions, enjoyed the scenery and approached the objective in all stealth or guns blazing approach. The DLC's and Phylakes kept me motivated to level up. I think the story and the feel of the game is also far better than Odyssey. I will do another round after a few months or may be next year on a 4k tv.
I agree with you though that the game is a bit repetitive.

I'm probably the only person here who just couldn't get into HZD. I tried twice but just not my thing strangely enough.

AC Origins has been ok so far, yes the game is getting a bit repetitive at times but I'm sticking to it for now. Doing all of the side missions to level up before getting into the main missions, exploring new areas on the map and climbing those tall Viewpoints to get the Fast Travel points usable which is helping me to get from one point of the map to the other. I also like the fact that the camels/ horses have auto-pilot mode available once you set a objective on the map. The game does look spectacular on high settings so taking in the visuals in all of it's glory. Plus I think this is the first game I have played which renders Egypt so well and in such a massive scale.

I'm still in the early stages of the game (Level 11 currently). What particularly bothers me is the combat mechanism. The shield block and fighting the enemy as you are getting pounded by arrows from archers is quite overwhelming most of the time and annoying.

Last edited:
Use horse back to quickly kill all enemies. You cannot call your horse in restricted areas but you can quickly run towards a safe area, call your horse and come back again. You can also start your offensive on a horse back. Horse back, spear with bleeding or a poisoned sicke sword is the best way to kill most enemies.

Use horse back to quickly kill all enemies. You cannot call your horse in restricted areas but you can quickly run towards a safe area, call your horse and come back again. You can also start your offensive on a horse back. Horse back, spear with bleeding or a poisoned sicke sword is the best way to kill most enemies.
Yes, this worked for me as well. I used to do this as well.

Back