Your Gaming Backlog/Progress Report!

I played for sometime but couldn't have the patience or interest to continue further..maybe i played 30-40%. Lack of interesting open world stuff and only flying based travel are what irritated me much. Maybe it was great only for consoles.
I loved web swinging everywhere.

25% into completion liking it so far.
Full Disclosure: I use a controller tho. So with a controller it's quite fun. It's for people who like openworld grinding and achieve completion medals.

Odyssey was definitely a huge game. How much time did it take you for the completion?

I am playing VALHALLA and already clocked around 70 hours or so. Just doing the main quests but it's still huge.

It took me over 100 hours to complete AC: Odyssey. I actually returned to the AC line up after more than a decade with picking up AC: Origins last November (had played AC II and Brotherhood last and nothing after that). Completed AC: Origins and then took a break by playing RE: Village before starting AC: Odyssey in March.

Back on topic:

Started Assassins Creed Valhalla (PC).

Folks who have finished Sekiro and Elden Ring, I have a question for you. Is it get any easier with a controller? I tried Sekiro back in 2019 and could not get past the chained ogre. I was playing via Keyboard and mouse. Wanting to try it again but what do you guys think, will playing it with xbox controller will make it bit easier and will be a good experience as compared to KB+M ?

Folks who have finished Sekiro and Elden Ring, I have a question for you. Is it get any easier with a controller? I tried Sekiro back in 2019 and could not get past the chained ogre. I was playing via Keyboard and mouse. Wanting to try it again but what do you guys think, will playing it with xbox controller will make it bit easier and will be a good experience as compared to KB+M ?
It's meant to be played with a controller, I don't know how to explain it but a controller just makes sense for soulslikes. I started DS3 with KB and regretted it pretty fast

Finished watch dogs 1, decent game with very nice graphics once set up properly. Decent enough story and gameplay, did not bother to clean up icons too much and that kept it fun.

Looked a bit ugly initially but two things made it rather good.
1) Mod - The Fall of Windy City - A Lighting Overhaul. It also included another texture mod.
2) AA - Use MSAA instead of TXAA. TXAA is very blurry and looks bad.
Night time lightening looked really cool for a game that's pretty old. Mod helped a lot i think, initially first scene had really ugly car headlights.

Now Metro LL + exodus next.

Yes! For me using a Xbox controller definitely makes movement and quick evade tactics more fluid and easier. I think it also matters on how good your muscle memory is with a controller and if you like me have been using controllers for years now then definitely go with one in these games.

I only switch to Mouse + KB now when playing FPS titles or point & click games (some older titles like Syberia, Neverwinter Nights, Baldur's Gates, etc).

It's meant to be played with a controller, I don't know how to explain it but a controller just makes sense for soulslikes. I started DS3 with KB and regretted it pretty fast
Not played these games yet, but Furi is perhaps a souls like in combat? If yes, it played very nicely with KB+M.

I think it also matters on how good your muscle memory is with a controller and if you like me have been using controllers for years now then definitely go with one in these games.
Yeah, without that they can be terrible to use i guess. I had tried playing a TPS with xbox controller long time ago and just hated it immediately. Instant mouse movements vs laggy controller put me off controllers permanently. One advantage they do have is analogue controls, so not bad for a racing game.

Not played these games yet, but Furi is perhaps a souls like in combat? If yes, it played very nicely with KB+M.
If we're thinking about the same Furi (the neon one simple graphics that looks really pretty) then it's a shootem up I'm pretty sure, not quit soulslike, but man still impressive you got it done with KB+M

If we're thinking about the same Furi (the neon one simple graphics that looks really pretty) then it's a shootem up I'm pretty sure, not quit soulslike, but man still impressive you got it done with KB+M
Yeah, this one - https://store.steampowered.com/app/423230/Furi/
Really liked it, nice music to go with fast paced timed combat. KBM controls were good though, i don't think there was any issue. Having extra buttons on my mouse may have helped, as i always remap and use some/all of the 5 extra buttons on G402. Did not finish last fight though as it had a lot of bullet hell and i kinda lost motivation as one part of the drive is to see the next fight.

I guess I will have to see whether i can play soulslike with KB+M or drop them as i don't have patience to learn playing with controller.

Yes! For me using a Xbox controller definitely makes movement and quick evade tactics more fluid and easier. I think it also matters on how good your muscle memory is with a controller and if you like me have been using controllers for years now then definitely go with one in these games.

I only switch to Mouse + KB now when playing FPS titles or point & click games (some older titles like Syberia, Neverwinter Nights, Baldur's Gates, etc).
I absolutely agree with this. Most of the games gets much easier with a controller. Even few shooter games like tomb raider , Uncharted are way more fun with a controller.

But you need to get used to a controller. GOD OF WAR is a highly recommended game to get yourself accustomed to a controller. And Xbox controller (Any of them , Series / One / even xbox 360) is the way to go for PC gaming.

I absolutely agree with this. Most of the games gets much easier with a controller. Even few shooter games like tomb raider , Uncharted are way more fun with a controller.
Thanks. I started my Sekiro playthrough with a controller now. I must say I don't think it matters. The game has a combat system that has a steep learning curve. Earlier I did not bother learning it properly causing me to stuck. The game is hard if you don't learn it's combat system.
I'm having fun now though I belive if I bothered learning combat in sekiro I would have as much fun with a KB+M as I'm having with a controller.
Also the only thing I miss when playing with a controller is that fluid feeling of camera control that you have with a mouse. I just feel more connected to the game's world when having a mosue controlling the camera, with a controller the camera just doesn't feel the same.

I guess I will have to see whether i can play soulslike with KB+M or drop them as i don't have patience to learn playing with controller.
I think controller would only be tough if you've never touched a controller before, other than that it really comes naturally, try DS3 it's the best to get your hands used to it. The problem with a mouse for me was considering how sluggish the movements of the game are a fast look around with the mouse only throws you off your game more, but that could just be a me issue

Am planning to switch to an xbox controller. I have some questions.

How does it fare with FPS games? I play single player point and shoot games FC new dawn, Sniper Elite and RDR2 are some recent titles I played. Couple of them are in progress.

Is it usually harder to aim and shoot precisely like a mouse or the game makes it easier?

How long does it take you to migrate from KB+Mouse to controller?

I am having a lot of difficulty playing FC6 and Cyberpunk with a controller. Is there anyway to turn on something like quick aim, which was there in some of the other titles I was playing?

Basically engaging and releasing the trigger would change thee aim to the next target

Am planning to switch to an xbox controller. I have some questions.

How does it fare with FPS games? I play single player point and shoot games FC new dawn, Sniper Elite and RDR2 are some recent titles I played. Couple of them are in progress.

Is it usually harder to aim and shoot precisely like a mouse or the game makes it easier?

How long does it take you to migrate from KB+Mouse to controller?

With a Xbox or a PS4 controller these are my thoughts when using them on my gaming PC:

For FPS (SP only as I don't play MP):
I don't use controllers for FPS titles, at all. This is the only genre perhaps which I exclusively stick to KB and Mouse. I'm not a WASD player and I use arrow keys for movement in games when I play with a KB. What primarily brings me back to KB + Mouse setup for FPS titles is the sheer ease of aiming at in-game enemies with the mouse and taking them down. Very hard to beat the precision of a mouse in FPS games. Also, movement with a KB and constant following of the weapon from the first perspective camera movement with a mouse for me feels much easier vis-a-vis a controller. Moving the dual sticks/ gears of a controller at tandem to move and control the camera and then having to press the trigger to shoot down in-game enemies just doesn't work out quite well for me. In slower stealth missions it still is ok but when it comes to a level riddled with enemies and you have to up the gameplay by being fast, precise while staying frosty the KB + Mouse is my best ally.

Migration from Mouse + KB to Controller:

From when I started using controllers it took me roughly 4-6 months to become savvy and for my brain and muscle to come to terms with the basic button layout of a controller. I was playing both on my PC and consoles at this point with controllers. Initially it was difficult for me and I even got frustrated at times because I ended up pressing wrong buttons in QTE segments in games which can be very annoying. Slowly however it got better and pressing the right button on a controller became second nature. In about a year's time with enough gameplay hours clocked using a controller you will be ready to wield it with ease without any problems. I remember initially drawing the button layouts of a controller on a blank piece of paper and then keeping it on the lower side of the monitor while playing. Seeing the layout and pressing the relevant buttons on the controller helped my brain to form a photo memory as well. In time a smooth cohesive amalgamation of your finger muscles and brain will happen resulting in a smooth gaming experience.

The above is based on my experience and mileage when using a controller. I think a thread on using a controller and migration for Mouse + KB players to controllers will be nice. We could all pool in our thoughts there and list the things that helped us to get better with controllers.

I think FPS games are better enjoyed on keyboard + mouse. But they can be played with controller too.

If one is new to controller and wants to learn the controller layout and the playing style then one should probably start with action games ( and many of them are quite forgiving even if you press the wrong button). My first game suggestion to play with a controller would be the GOD OF WAR. That game is the perfect starting point of controller usage. After that one can slightly add new games. That's that can be played subsequently are uncharted series and the tomb raider series.And as for FPS, i think KILLZONE is the perfect game to learn FPS gaming with a controller.

While playing with a controller do stick to hiding behind any object and fire in small bursts. Run and gun is way too difficult to do with controller for a novice. And of course you can even turn down the difficulty of the game. No one is judging you for playing on easier difficulties. At the end of the day , you should have fun.

Thanks for the inputs guys.

I'll start with Tomb Raider. I stopped playing it sometime ago as it felt off with KB and Mouse.

Stray, while I have finished it may give another go with the controller.

Any other game that's easy-with-controller you guys recommend?

Thanks for the inputs guys.

I'll start with Tomb Raider. I stopped playing it sometime ago as it felt off with KB and Mouse.

Stray, while I have finished it may give another go with the controller.

Any other game that's easy-with-controller you guys recommend?
Totally different genre, but fighting games usually benifit from controllers, especially you have a PS controller since they only use D-pad. A really good game for controllers that's inline with the above would probably be Yakuza 0.

Back