Your PC Picture

Here is my new computer. Assembled it in March.

The wiring is still messy but not getting enough time to make it tidy.
Tips from tech-arena gurus will be most appreciated.

Attachments

• Picture 022 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 022 (Medium).jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 175
Quad Master said:
I didnt knew ppl took so much pain & thinking to keep there Cabby so neat.

In other words people sure are FALTU and need to get a Life :eek:hyeah:

Look at what our own Bottle has done..... he is definately getting there.... :clap:

Now with the people here talking about cleaning up their wiring in the case I too have started taking another look at my case and maybe will take a shot at it again. Tuck in and tie up wires out of sight. :)

that wud do good only if u have

1) Transparent sidepannel
2) Some way to light the interior of the cabinet ( read ccfls :p )
3) The urge to do it, for the feeling u get after going is just gr8 ;)
4) Most importantly, ur friends visiting ur place, for you to show off the work uve done :p

Rave said:
4) Most importantly, ur friends visiting ur place, for you to show off the work uve done :p
THATS ME :eek:hyeah:

Eazy posted 6.03 minutes later:

Count_Down said:
The wiring is still messy but not getting enough time to make it tidy.

Thats a 3700BQE ?

For your cables get the spirals stuff for binding wires - pic attached. I use the wide one for bunching together all the wires coming out of the PSU and the smaller one for indivitual power connectors going to drives/fans.

Easy i am trying to fin this stuff for my 2nd pc. Couldnt fint it in shops locally.
From where did you get it?
For my main PC i use electrical wire tubing and the sleevings i bought from coolpc.
But i dont plan to import that stuff for my 2nd pc.
This will be great. Any headsup? and comming to city side is too time consuming.

Eazy said:
Thats a 3700BQE ?

For your cables get the spirals stuff for binding wires - pic attached. I use the wide one for bunching together all the wires coming out of the PSU and the smaller one for indivitual power connectors going to drives/fans.

Thats a Sonata.

Eazy what are these things called? What should I ask for in the shop? I am not sure that they will understand if I ask for cable sleevings !!!

Count_Down said:
Eazy what are these things called? What should I ask for in the shop? I am not sure that they will understand if I ask for cable sleevings !!!

I really dont know the name for this gizmo - I called it spiral binding for wires and the shops seem to understand that. They are very cheap - about a couple of bucks a metre for the narrow one. I got it from a Hardware store at Lamington Road. (for Mumbaikars .....right next to Cassette World.)

I see you too have put an additional 120mm fan attached to the drive cage - this makes a big difference to my HDD CPU and Display card temps. Did you see a big drop in temps ?

One more point - I found in my case placing the HDD in the top most of the 4 slots was the coolest spot. You have kept your drive lower down. See if keeping the drive in the top slot makes a difference to you too - I saw I think about 3 - 5 C drop between the top slot and the lower one.

Attached Pic of spiral binding in use..... print it and show that to the shops :)

Maan....i dnt like to shut dwn my PC for even 10mins;)
Thnx for the info on binders Easy:)

@bottle
Whts tht amp like thingy at the bottom;)

Last edited by a moderator:
woooo.....removed everything, put it all together again :eek:hyeah:

Look at mah room!!!!!!!!!!

front look :

SunMysore posted 5.08 minutes later:

this definetly deserves a different post :)

finished work on my TDX convertor (A64 to AthlonXP)

have another blue CCFL :p this is the pic with my old P3.....By then..the cabinet was 100% stock...no mods yet :p. The blue CCFl is with my classmate now ;) like a temporary bday gift for him :p (he had bday on 23rd this month )

removed the tower112....made way for watercooling :p

leak test for the block on tomorrow (got pump, distil h20, etc etc...today ) will be mounted in 2-3 days :)

Eazy said:
One more point - I found in my case placing the HDD in the top most of the 4 slots was the coolest spot. You have kept your drive lower down. See if keeping the drive in the top slot makes a difference to you too - I saw I think about 3 - 5 C drop between the top slot and the lower one.

i now use the HDDs in the 5.25 bay. temps dropped drastically when i shifted the HDDs into the 5.25 bay.....

the processor temp dropped like...3-4*C after i did this...and sidepanle opened temps were the same as the closed ones....

bottle said:
minor update. cleaned up the wires at the bottom of the case

Now look here DUDE... if you are going to go and make your case look THIS good then I will also have to take another look at my case :bleh:

BOTTLE ... GREAT STUFF !!! :clap: As good as any I have seen !!! For Heavens Sake be a normal guy and pull a few wires across the MoBo and dont make my life difficult. :eek:hyeah:

Eazy posted 4.77 minutes later:

SunMysore said:
i now use the HDDs in the 5.25 bay. temps dropped drastically when i shifted the HDDs into the 5.25 bay.....

the processor temp dropped like...3-4*C after i did this...and sidepanle opened temps were the same as the closed ones....

The thing is that both the COUNT and I have our drives sandwiched between 2 120mm fans so for us the 3.5" cage works fine. You still using your good ol' trusty HDD cooler of your own design ??

YUP even me get same temps if side panel open or closed.

lol!!!! no HDD coolers, no HDD bays.....

the HDDs are just hanging for their dear life...and cant touch them while they are on...they get sooooo hottt....

gotta make a HDD cage...damn, keep forgetting!

Back