Your PC Picture

Here are a couple of pics with my new Vantec LED fans - the 2 large fans in front and back of case are 120mm and there is a Fan Card with 2 fans to cool the display card.

Now thats a man with some slick skills... Amazing pics eazy... I wanna learn to shoot like that... Simply superb... Forget the PC... The pics are just awasome...

On a side note, How is that zalman working for you... Bought from India or Outside... And nice fans there... The blue looks too good... I like a neat PC... Dust free...

Switch said:
Now thats a man with some slick skills... Amazing pics eazy... I wanna learn to shoot like that... Simply superb... Forget the PC... The pics are just awasome...

On a side note, How is that zalman working for you... Bought from India or Outside... And nice fans there... The blue looks too good... I like a neat PC... Dust free...

Its no biggy to get such results - use a tripod - thats it. Most of the time the pictures dont look good because of camera shake. I dont have a real tripod but a small little table tripod.

I got the Zalman from Singapore. I always get CPU temps which are about 1 or 2 C above room temps on my P4 2.4C. Right now my CPU temp is 30C. If you look closely the Zalman has totally discoloured with Mumbais high humidity - there is absolutely no shine left in the copper - there are some disgusting black and green patches on the fins :(

The front green LED fan has lost its rich green colour that I see - somehow the green does not get catured properly by the digital camera.

Eazy said:
I got the Zalman from Singapore. I always get CPU temps which are about 1 or 2 C above room temps on my P4 2.4C. Right now my CPU temp is 30C. If you look closely the Zalman has totally discoloured with Mumbais high humidity - there is absolutely no shine left in the copper - there are some disgusting black and green patches on the fins :(

i am also having the same problem .... coz i am also in seacost area and coz of humidity everything is getting spoilt ..... mine A7N8X D has got some green substance all over it .....

is there any way of cleaning this stuff or avoiding it anyhow ....

eazy need to confirm 2 things from u.

that vantec is with uv leds right. & also how much temps did it drop, also on max speed is it really loud.

@Eazy - Where did u get the vantec led fans from , also for how much.

And nice Pics there Eazy , some pics of ur collection of HDD's & Casings too please ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
rahul said:
..... mine A7N8X D has got some green substance all over it .....

I aksed Zalman about this and they said that the green goop is oxidation marks and it will do no harm - only looks bad. Even my 2 copper Thermalright Heat Sinks have these same marks.

What part of the mother board has gone green - got any pictures ?
@HEADSHOT Cool only as for the temperatures :) otherwise really not much of a system - ASUS P4C800ED with Intel 2.4C CPU and a ASUS Geforce Ti 4200 :( I dont play games and I dont run benchies so speed not an issue for me.

@stormblast YUP !! Vantec UV fans. No difference in temps after change from my 2 Antec fans - as all have same 1500 RPM.
But the Vantecs are pindrop silent - cannot hear these Vantecs at all - the Antecs were 1.5 year old and had started to get loud. I also got a Vantec 120mm Stealth fan which I have kept for future use.

@Quad Master - got the 2 120mm fans from APEX today - paid 670/- each but after that Nilesh sent me an email that the prices are being revised. He mentioned that Vantec are giving him new prices which he will announce after 3 - 4 days.

You want to see my HDD and casings :O I now have about 10 HDDs 3 casing and 2 USB2IDE cables. OK will try put them together and take a picture. You want to see a picture of a Godrej cuboard full of all sorts of cables too ? :) .....AND.... my screwdriver collection ....... can I show you guys my collection of about 300 screwdrivers - maybe more then 300 :) ....and my screws and nuts and bolts and washers collection - I have all sorts of screws for all purposes in all sizes (see the ones on the back case fan in picture above)..... and fans .... I have about 30 case fans 60 - 120mm sizes. ..... about 6 keyboards and about 8 mice .... and ... and... ZZzzzzzz

SunnyBoi said:
lol..green stuff is copper oxide...bad news :p we had that in chem classes :lol:

The "experts" I asked all said that it is no big deal - copper does have this problem in the tropics and this causes no ill effects to the copper heat sink and if it is scrapped off then it comes back in a short time. I did scrap a small part of my Zalman and cleaned it with Brasso and it was black and green again in one month. My simple answer to this is DONT LOOK AT IT and it will not bother you !! :)

SunnyBoi said:
lol..green stuff is copper oxide...bad news :p we had that in chem classes :lol:

Aren't copper oxides red? I think the green stuff is copper sulphate.

BTW, I have a Zalman Alcu, and it has not developed green patches in the Copper sections. Probably it helps that I am in Delhi - a much drier climate compared to Mumbai.

And secondly, IIRC, Eazy gave his Zalman a thorough wash :) . I have not yet done that!!!!

Count_Down said:
Eazy gave his Zalman a thorough wash :) . I have not yet done that!!!!

I gave it a wash as the copper was falling off all over the display card and MoBo in flakes and that made me nervous - the washing was to remove all the flakiness off the surface of the fins in one go - which it did.

Now that was a nice thread you me and bottle had in TA about this disaster with my Zalman :)

Eazy said:
I aksed Zalman about this and they said that the green goop is oxidation marks and it will do no harm - only looks bad. Even my 2 copper Thermalright Heat Sinks have these same marks.

What part of the mother board has gone green - got any pictures ?
@HEADSHOT Cool only as for the temperatures :) otherwise really not much of a system - ASUS P4C800ED with Intel 2.4C CPU and a ASUS Geforce Ti 4200 :( I dont play games and I dont run benchies so speed not an issue for me.

@stormblast YUP !! Vantec UV fans. No difference in temps after change from my 2 Antec fans - as all have same 1500 RPM.
But the Vantecs are pindrop silent - cannot hear these Vantecs at all - the Antecs were 1.5 year old and had started to get loud. I also got a Vantec 120mm Stealth fan which I have kept for future use.

@Quad Master - got the 2 120mm fans from APEX today - paid 670/- each but after that Nilesh sent me an email that the prices are being revised. He mentioned that Vantec are giving him new prices which he will announce after 3 - 4 days.

You want to see my HDD and casings :O I now have about 10 HDDs 3 casing and 2 USB2IDE cables. OK will try put them together and take a picture. You want to see a picture of a Godrej cuboard full of all sorts of cables too ? :) .....AND.... my screwdriver collection ....... can I show you guys my collection of about 300 screwdrivers - maybe more then 300 :) ....and my screws and nuts and bolts and washers collection - I have all sorts of screws for all purposes in all sizes (see the ones on the back case fan in picture above)..... and fans .... I have about 30 case fans 60 - 120mm sizes. ..... about 6 keyboards and about 8 mice .... and ... and... ZZzzzzzz
Thanks for the info Eazy.
A Blue led fan for 670 is ok compared to the costly Antec's.

Also how much did u spent on the stealth fan its a gr8 fan from Vantec.
Also as u said that the rates are getting revised hope they fall not rise.

Any idea of the CFM of the vantec blue led 120mm fans in ur pic.

If u get a list of all the vantec fans that apex has please post it here.

And ur screwdriver and rest collection is gr8 u can start a shop ;) [J/K]

Edit Added later.
The GPU cooler fans cost also please , hope u got that here only.

Quad Master said:
Thanks for the info Eazy.
A Blue led fan for 670 is ok compared to the costly Antec's.

Also how much did u spent on the stealth fan its a gr8 fan from Vantec.
Also as u said that the rates are getting revised hope they fall not rise.

Any idea of the CFM of the vantec blue led 120mm fans in ur pic.

If u get a list of all the vantec fans that apex has please post it here.
I scanned the fans boxes - all the info is mentioned on them. I have got APEX to give their price list to TE and they will be included in the NEW Hardware prices section - Eddy is looking after that. Yesterday I went with a friend and between us we cleaned out APEX's stock :D Nilesh said that he would get more stock soon. AND believe me the Vantec fans are MUCH MUCH MUCH better than the Antecs - I have 2 120mm Antecs and they are noisy compared to the Vantecs.

I paid around 750/- for the stealth - cannot remember the exact price.

Eazy said:
I scanned the fans boxes - all the info is mentioned on them. I have got APEX to give their price list to TE and they will be included in the NEW Hardware prices section - Eddy is looking after that. Yesterday I went with a friend and between us we cleaned out APEX's stock Nilesh said that he would get more stock soon. AND believe me the Vantec fans are MUCH MUCH MUCH better than the Antecs - I have 2 120mm Antecs and they are noisy compared to the Vantecs.

@Eazy - please leave some thing for us also yaar.

The Stealth is gr8 fan at 28db and 53cfm.

Will be waiting for the price list.

Back