Your PC Picture

Got it direct from SMC New Delhi for 2500/- .... the Mumbai price was 3100/- :mad: ...... a relative brought it down for me. It has excelelnt reviews on many sites. It came with a very silent 92mm Delta 3200RPM fan.

had to go back to stock cooling for a while.

XP-90 sent to saiyan. And watercooling cant be done bcoz rad is leaking. grrrrr...

But here is super lanboy.

PS: freaky dont even speak a word about cable management :p

Hmmmm.... I see lotsa scope for improvement in cable management. Are u gonna mod the side panel to use that 120mm fan ? Or its just gonna be open on the side ???

EDIT : Oops... A minute late.... Knew it was coming, didn't ya Funky ?

mod in progress.

No i am not gona use 120 mm on side pannel. Gona use 2x80mm insted with filters.

one right in front of memory and one near gfx card.

And read my post again :p i am not gona do wire management in this cramped cabinet :p i already cut my hands once :p

Read my post, pal. Was replying when u added that line.

U call that a cramped cabbie ??? I know that its smaller than the Wavemaster and the Stacker but CM was smooth as butter in Saiyan's cabbie.

yeah its small for me, i cut my hand while installing PSU and while routing cable for HDD. Small cuts. They made the edges rounded but the end of that moulded edge is sharp :p

PS: i knew it was comming as soon as i saw you in the people viewing this thread...hehe.

And long cables of zeby does not help either :p

BTW Eazy do post what temps your getting with that HS/F combo, and whether its worth it, cause I'm really interested in getting one...

@Eazy... i went to SMC today... they had a HYPER 6+ plying there for 3000 bucks... they just had one in stock... i know you will be dissappointed to know this... Hyper 6+ is all alu unlike Hyper 6 which was copper... But you would already know that :)...

Switch said:
@Eazy... i went to SMC today... they had a HYPER 6+ plying there for 3000 bucks... they just had one in stock... i know you will be dissappointed to know this... Hyper 6+ is all alu unlike Hyper 6 which was copper... But you would already know that :)...

I KNOW !!!! I KNOW !! .... but I found out after my Hyper 48 was already purchased from them :( .....BUT.... the Hyper 6+ uses a non standard fan ....100mm.... which means it is not possible to replace the fan without major surgery. This is a BIG minus point for me as the Hyper 48 uses standard 92mm fans and I have some deadly spare fans in this size - Vantecs Panaflos and Papsts. The fan that came with the Hyper 48 is a Delta 3200RPM !! The Hyper 48 is a real heavyweight - 828gms !!!

Frankly cooling is no big deal for me as my current Intel 2.4C even at 3.0 runs only about 1 or 2C above room temps with my Zalman 7000a cu - I cannot see the Hyper 48 making any difference to that. I have no intentions to changing the HSF on my current setp. I purchased the Hyper 48 in advance for my next setup which will be an AMD toaster. So at the moment it is lying on my table for showing-off purposes only :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys I use the Thermaltake Xaser III cabby and have 4 intake slots (2 in front and two on the side) and three exhaust fan slots. The Problem is that

1. It makes a hell of a noise with all fans whirring away
2. The Dust factor is Serious despite filters.
3. Theres a lot of power that these fans use.

So I switched back to very simple one Antec Triled Fan at the back. Any ideas as to what I could do? My rig is a lot quieter now. But I am wondering if all those fan slots are being wasted. Should I change my cabby and opt for something smaller and simpler? If yes then, what would I do with my HUge TT case.

Here are a couple of snaps

heh, Xaser III is damn good case. Built like tank. You could go for ultra quiet fans. Its hard to find em here but you will find it on sidewinders and frozencpu.

try experimenting with more outtake than intake and see if dust factor reduces. I have found having more air pushed out reduces the amount of dust deposition inside cabinet. Nothing much can be done about it as it all depends on environment near you.

You can try modding your fans to run on +7V or even +5v rather than 12v.

I would hardly recomment replacing Xaser III. Its such nice and big case. But silence is what you want then maybe P180 and P160 can help. Sale Xaser III. If priced good someone will buy it here. Maybe even i will. hehe :p

Yes I think it weighs twenty odd kilos....Tank is the word. Outake, hmm I think I did try tht once. The Antec Triled seems pretty quiet. I too was wondering its a nice case jst a little too heavy and sharp aroundthe edges. Bt what is the logic making the HDD cage face outward one has to loop the cables all the way out and the fitting of the side panel is difficult if one has stiff connector for a HDD

Here is my generic Box- Config in siggie....

Sorry bout the poor quality snaps...No battery in the cam so used my phone

The generic box with the broken switch (which scared me real bad when my compu refused to switch on, and I suspected the worst :tongue: ):

The non flat Philips mon :(

The lappies (look mama, no wires for the net :) )

Felt too lazy to take out the box for the innards...anyway, the phone Cam wouldn't be able to do any justice to it

^^^^Nice Rig there Switch ,Super Lanboy rox:eek:hyeah: . Just tell me how u have taken the SATA cable from the mobo to the HDD.

Dont scare me :p... BTW how do you like the wire management Eazy... And i am surprised eddy and freaky havent posted yet :p....

Back