YouTube Premium family sharing?

Ramadhir Singh

Wasseypur
Adept
the ads are getting annoying day by day.
checking if anyone has a slot in their family plan.

If more people are interested ( max 5 allowed) we can create a group to share.

cheers !!

Same as @t3chg33k said, i use vanced on android and ublock origin on browser. Never heard of smarttubenext since i don't have an android TV, but if i'm sure pihole also blocks ads on smart TVs. Youtube premium honestly brings nothing different to the table or there are literally free apps that only asks for a person's time in installing it. Never used their download videos feature either since i just use youtube-dl to download videos as well as convert music i like to mp3, and their originals are either crap or they end up just becoming free.

Same as @t3chg33k said, i use vanced on android and ublock origin on browser. Never heard of smarttubenext since i don't have an android TV, but if i'm sure pihole also blocks ads on smart TVs. Youtube premium honestly brings nothing different to the table or there are literally free apps that only asks for a person's time in installing it. Never used their download videos feature either since i just use youtube-dl to download videos as well as convert music i like to mp3, and their originals are either crap or they end up just becoming free.
Pi-hole is not able to do a good job of blocking YT ads because Google now streams ads from the main domain which you need to keep whitelisted to basically use any Google service. The only foolproof solution is to use an adblocking client as they completely prevent the ads from being invoked in the first place.

I use SmartTubeNext on Android TV, Vanced on Android, uBlock Origin on browsers and a sideloaded app on iOS. No issues with ads at all.
But how to install on un-rooted device . The Google advanced protection isnt allowing anything to be installed . ADB ?

Hi, not sure if this is the right place to ask, but may I know which app do you use on iOS?

Yup.....My question too, YT premium only needed for iOS devices, How to sideload without damaging the device?

Also, I use the 'Smart Youtube TV' app for Andriod Box and Fire TV but looks like the developer is not active anymore or maybe died due to Covid.

Hi, not sure if this is the right place to ask, but may I know which app do you use on iOS?
AltStore allows you to sign up to 10 apps with your ID, though only 3 can be active at any time. You need to refresh the signature with AltServer at least once a week which can be installed on any Windows or Mac device. I use a paid signing service which doesn't require resigning the apps but it is strictly not legal. The IPA can be found with a bit of searching.

But how to install on un-rooted device . The Google advanced protection isnt allowing anything to be installed . ADB ?
YouTube Vanced (vancedapp.com) works on un-rooted devices as well, though any YT link will not directly open on the Vanced app.

Yup.....My question too, YT premium only needed for iOS devices, How to sideload without damaging the device?

Also, I use the 'Smart Youtube TV' app for Andriod Box and Fire TV but looks like the developer is not active anymore or maybe died due to Covid.
The SmartYouTube developer abandoned that project (probably because of the name) and started SmartTubeNext which is frankly much better.

Pi-hole is not able to do a good job of blocking YT ads because Google now streams ads from the main domain which you need to keep whitelisted to basically use any Google service. The only foolproof solution is to use an adblocking client as they completely prevent the ads from being invoked in the first place.
Youtube ads are a moving target for Pihole. It works for sometime then poof. I use Youtube specific browser addons in laptop/desktop to avoid ads. They work well.

I pay Rs. 189 per month and have total of 6 family members who now have 100% adfree youtube and youtube premium music that works on pcs and phones. Worth every penny. I have found some hard to find songs in YT music that I could not find anywhere before.

Last edited:
Well.....

As OP of the thread intended if anybody decided to start a Youtube Premium Family Sharing Group like Netflix Thread, I'm ready to join.

I also like to opt for 6 Months Advance (Sweet One for everybody) or 12 Month Advance - But the Group Owner must be Old/Trusted member of TE.

Got Google Pay.

I am in too . I can be sorta admin if required ...as already running Netflix & Office 365 plan's. The ads are a pain .
With Google Advanced protection installed 4/5 apk using adb still couldn't get Vanced to work plus additional battery drain of microG . Dropped it finally

Edit - I hope everyone's history/ browsing will be private ?
It's individual e-mail address but no sharing of other things

Last edited:
Edit - I hope everyone's history/ browsing will be private ?
It's individual e-mail address but no sharing of other things

@VivekSood - Can you clarify this matter ? Hope this one not like Netflix Profile where everyone can see each other, Wish it is like MS Office 365.

@kuduku - Please do, you are most eligible one.... I am IN....Though hope for History / Browsing must be private

@VivekSood - Can you clarify this matter ? Hope this one not like Netflix Profile where everyone can see each other, Hope it is like MS Office 365.
What you do on your PC stays in your PC bro. You have to add email accounts to the group. 6 family members YT adfree and YT music for all. Before this I used to headbang with foobar/vlc/dopamine and other music players and waste time finding music and now I use YT Music on PC and phone and it is a bliss. I could not find a few songs in gaana.com also but it seems like YT has everything .. for now for me atleast. Of course youtube is ad free on all 6 accounts as well.

Last edited:
@VivekSood - Can you clarify this matter ? Hope this one not like Netflix Profile where everyone can see each other, Wish it is like MS Office 365.

@kuduku - Please do, you are most eligible one.... I am IN....Though hope for History / Browsing must be private
I am in
Who all ?
We can make a GO for this to check interested members .
One important point though
Whoever joins has to be for some minimum period . Trials & leaving after 1 month not allowed . I will not be collecting money every month.
It's only 31.5/ per month per member
I want 2 sslots
Can we add our actual family in this YouTube family plan . Otherwise 2 slots for me

I am in
Who all ?
We can make a GO for this to check interested members .
One important point though
Whoever joins has to be for some minimum period . Trials & leaving after 1 month not allowed . I will not be collecting money every month.
It's only 31.5/ per month per member
I want 2 sslots
Can we add our actual family in this YouTube family plan . Otherwise 2 slots for me

I'm ready to join (Google Pay ) to you for one slots when you are ready, you have to decide security deposite amount i,e which will adjust months to come.
If this go on you need only 3 more members willing to join.

What you do on your PC stays in your PC bro. You have to add email accounts to the group. 6 family members YT adfree and YT music for all. Before this I used to headbang with foobar/vlc/dopamine and other music players and waste time finding music and now I use YT Music on PC and phone and it is a bliss. I could not find a few songs in gaana.com also but it seems like YT has everything .. for now for me atleast. Of course youtube is ad free on all 6 accounts as well.

@VivekSood

Just one que, Can you see the usage / browsing history of Youtube Video for 2nd / 3rd / 4th Member - Account or their private / unlisted play list from your admin account.

Last edited:
Back