YouTube tests disabling videos for people using ad blockers

You are correct. For some reason it was detecting adblock on Firefox but not on Chrome. I am using ublock on both so it seems the filter list wasn't updated on Firefox.
Haha no, Google owns Chrome, so they wanted you to think UBlock no longer works on Firefox so that you'd start using Chrome. They can disable extensions whenever they want from Chrome, so they will wait for the perfect moment

Haven't been getting ads or the pop-up from YouTube for over a day; using AdNauseam.
Still none with AdNauseam.

I feel like their updates are more prompt than uBlock's; they add more filters on top of what uBlock provides anyways. Even before YouTube started rolling out this pop-up, I had a few ads leaked while using uBlock origin.

Haha no, Google owns Chrome, so they wanted you to think UBlock no longer works on Firefox so that you'd start using Chrome. They can disable extensions whenever they want from Chrome, so they will wait for the perfect moment
I have to use Chrome sparingly because the Google docs experience on Firefox is broken. The in-built copy paste is a js and it just doesn't work on FF. Thinking of getting Ungoogled Chromium instead:

Happened waaaayy sooner than I expected

Attachments

• IMG_20231102_193538.jpg
    IMG_20231102_193538.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Screenshot from 2023-11-07 11-59-57.png

UBO not working in FF or Chrome. Now i get this after 3 videos. Switching to Freetube appimage now. Had to subscribe to each channel but as long i dont get such annoying messages i dont care.

View attachment 182389

UBO not working in FF or Chrome. Now i get this after 3 videos. Switching to Freetube appimage now. Had to subscribe to each channel but as long i dont get such annoying messages i dont care.
Exactly the same issue observed

Presently using "GHOSTERY" - Chrome extension . it was working wonderfully before the update but the pop up appears and stays for 2-3 secs (Closed button appears later"

1700459895847.png

For people using uBlock origin,

Go to extension settings and select "I am an advanced user"
1700504171831.png

Click on the settings cog icon beside it.

Update these values:
1700504215429.png

Apply and close.

This will update filter lists every hour, less chances of you facing an issue due to youtube's constant patching.

Back